MOVIE TITLES THAT RELATE TO THE URANTIA BOOK?

Lon

And yet you ignore the fact that all persons seeking God, will come to Christ. They are seeking because God the Father is drawing them.
"Out of/Away from"
It is such a tragedy, but so many Christians do not possess the answers to the very valid questions that the more intelligent among us might have concerning the religion.
I see a lot of good and appropriated responses on TOL so don't agree on this particular.

What I generally see is fear reactions to those who are truly seeking truth... where ever it may be and the fight against those who are seeking God's face are treated with contempt. Of course, Christ did say this would happen.
Jesus said "hinder not" but the disciples were indeed hindering at the time. Perhaps that is your and my cue to quote Jesus' verses about not hindering and not placing milestones.

People get banned from here for asking questions... often times presented in a loathing way, granted, but they cannot yet see God as love... not within the words of the bible and not within the hearts of those who claim to be God's people. These are hurting souls, in torment... yet no compassion is given. Not enough, that is, before they are banned... over and over. Happens everywhere; not just here.
Not true. I have both called for gentle hands as well as have been encouraged toward the same. So 'yes' on the one hand but the other is important not to miss either. I am yet working on the gentle answer. I have a harder time being offended from written words than spoken ones, unless the guy/gal really went out of their way to offend.

Are you saying this because the readers of the Urantia Papers may not have read the bible? Or what? Why?
Romans 10:13-15

Have you asked any of them?

I see evidence from Caino that he has read the bible. I see an amazing depth of knowledge (as well as understanding) in Zeke about the bible. I would highly doubt that Freelight is in any ignorance regarding the bible.

But, you'd have to ask them. That is, if that was the purpose of your statement.
I haven't seen a strong understanding of scripture from any of them so would disagree on this point BUT if such were true: 2 Peter 2:20-22 Matthew 12:44-45

I have read it though. During my extended phase of questioning I read many tradition's/religion's books and writings.

My book is the bible. I am Christ's. I belong to Him.
:nono: ▼▼▼
While I don't particularly support the Urantia Papers, I do support a person's right to their journey to God... however that path may appear to others.
So are you changing the story or are you just into individual paths that lead to God? I told you "no." The Urantia book is against Christ and His words.

Whoever seeks God will find Him. This is a promise of God. (Jeremiah 29:13, Proverbs 8:17, Deuteronomy 4:29, Matthew 6:33).
:nono: Not ▼this▼ way.

While I don't particularly support the Urantia Papers, I do support a person's right to their journey to God... however that path may appear to others.
Psalm 7:15 and Luke 6:39 What kind of friend would you be if another fell into a pit and you said "keep going down there! You'll find a way out!"
James 2:16 (or spiritual need in this case):nono:

We? A power word, meant to influence me into thinking you do?
"We Christians." That either leaves you in or out. It is certainly a power word and rightly so. Romans 12:5

There are some who can and many who cannot. The many who cannot are just falling into a ditch.
Much better than the one waving at the ditch when he walks by humming a merry tune. We have responsibilities in this life, as Christians. There'd be no need for Titus 1:11 under your understanding.

We are told to work out our own salvation. Just how are you doing that when always pointing the finger so? Are you unaware that three fingers are pointing back at you when you do this finger pointing?
Titus 1:11. Paul doesn't always agree with your scenario. If you leave a man in a ditch, you might just be the wicked man. Even if the guy is caustic, the one actually helping the other out of the ditch, even if he isn't great at it, is much better.

LOL

So you say.

But I say, and have been saying, that all who seek God will find Him, which is according to the bible, and you say I deny God's claims!

The irony!
You 'seem' like the chap walking past humming a merry tune not giving a rip about another's plight. "Oh well, it'll lead to God eventually. Good day down there!" "Oh! And you old boy! You are doing this rescue all wrong. Still none of my affair tut tut!"

When having nothing of substance to say, go after the person, right? This is what you are doing here.
No, rather it was what you missed and WAS the substance of it. You are saying that "many roads lead to God"
:sigh: But then you deny God's exclusive claims. Your verse above proved that, but you haven't read it enough to understand context.
"Other sheep" would be you and I as gentiles. He was praying concerning Jews AND those who else, would come to Christianity, NOT come to other religions. John 12:32 John 14:6
If the verse proved it, show how instead of doing character assassination. You do know that false witnessing is a sin, yes? Presumption is also a sin against one's own soul. May I suggest 1 John 1:9 to you?
I did prove it:

Whoever seeks God will find Him. This is a promise of God. (Jeremiah 29:13, Proverbs 8:17, Deuteronomy 4:29, Matthew 6:33).

And by all means, do take a look at Matthew 8:12.

Jesus also said: And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd. John 10:16
:sigh: But then you deny God's exclusive claims. Your verse above proved that, but you haven't read it enough to understand context.
"Other sheep" would be you and I as gentiles. He was praying concerning Jews AND those who else, would come to Christianity, NOT come to other religions. John 12:32 John 14:6
Your whole post was in support of 'truth' in reference to the Urantia papers getting more attention and with clear celebratory conveyance. No. I didn't misread you at all and am calling you on that. I believe Titus 1:11 is still applicable and that the spreading of false doctrine must be stopped on a Christian board. Ecumenical endeavors often have us compromising truth. If truth is no longer sacred, you no longer have God.

Do you mistrust God? Lack faith in Him to do what He said He would do?
No. Scripture is clear on what 'we' (Christians) are supposed to do.

While I don't particularly support the Urantia Papers, I do support a person's right to their journey to God... however that path may appear to others. There are those who can see Christ's words even when they are not in the bible. Recall that the world would not be able to contain the books if everything that Jesus did was written down. (John 21:25)
But both Caino and Freelight are on record agreeing that the Ub is against Christianity. How about you? Agree? You seem, oddly, to disagree with them and spend quite a bit of your time here in this thread discussing the uB. Proverbs 16:25 There are many roads that seem right to a man but they all lead to death.

It seems to me that those who are seeking the most for understanding, do love the truth; have read the bible a number of times and do not/have not yet come closer to God, but when they do go forth searching everywhere, leaving no stone unturned... they do find God and have a closer relationship with Him, being inChrist than they ever did before with the bible. This being evidenced by their fruit.
Proverbs 16:25 There are many roads that seem right to a man but they all lead to death.
Would you be happier if they were atheists?
Let me try: Would you be happier if someone was burnt at the stake or faced a firing squad?
At least these people are not turning away from God... even though you think they are. They aren't.
So you don't, in fact, love Jesus Christ or know what He said?
Proverbs 16:25 There are many roads that seem right to a man but they all lead to death.
Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved."

I wish it were not so, but Christianity itself runs some of the most holy away from the religion.
Good, then. It isn't so. Romans 8 says it can't be done.

~~~As an aside, for the seekers: Do not give up praying. Pray! Talk to God/Abba/Father and then wait for Him to answer. Your path will be even more blessed. We may become mature, but we will always be children here and needing our Father.~~~
Once we get this long-winded, I'm pretty sure it is just me and you. I do pray, right now, that you'd love the Savior enough to champion Him and His truths.

No, I am here supporting an individual's right to pursue God as they see fit with their own God-given free will. To take away another's free will is akin to murder and lying to them.
First of all, yes I knew it was here. My connection especially in longer posts like this, is strained and so I didn't go back and fix it. I don't however need spelling corrections. Auto correct takes over for me at times because this laptop doesn't respond as fast as I type :(

More importantly, no, we don't have freewill. We are in bondage either to Sin and Death, which is not okay with me, nor a right I respect. You are completely wrong about that. I would rather have a bit of unsightly conflict and get to the problem, than be a lazy good-for-nothing and walk past. And no, it is NOT murder. Only God can save but if they were kicking and screaming to get away, it is neither God's nor the rescuer's fault. Can we do stuff a lot more sympathetically? Yes, but 'lying' about their plight is a worse sin. If you compromise truth, you compromise God.
You are also clearly incorrect as well as false witnessing.
I imagine that is how it 'looks' to you but you are incorrect. Ask any one person who is a Christian to read this. You are nearly part of the Post Modern Christian liberalism that denies the power and message of the Cross of Jesus Christ. Sometimes the better way is to be true and blunt and go ahead and offend as need be. I'd much rather someone try to save me from stupidity and or stubbornness. The guy that was encouraging me to 'swim' while the Christian was yelling at me to hold on to the life-ring, wasn't my friend.

It would be foolish of me to support another way to Christ
Yes it would be. And at 'best' you have been wishy-washy and at worst, you've upheld the Urantia as another way to God:

I applaud your ... support of those who reflect the fruit of Christ and the Holy Spirit... May God's blessings continue to rain down upon those who faithfully uphold Christ's instructions [Urantia Book} and faithfully present the fruit of the Spirit [As given in the URantia Book strongly implied because that is what they are following!] in their behaviors and [Urantia book ]words despite the persecution that they receive.

for there is only one way and that is for Our Father to draw a person.
Romans 10:14

How can anyone say that there is another way to Christ?! How, tell me, how can you even think that there is another way to Christ? And to think another is capable of it, to even suggest it!?
But you did:

I applaud your ... support of those who reflect the fruit of Christ and the Holy Spirit.
[ :plain:]
The great thing about all this ridicule, which the supporters of it need to be grateful for, is all the exposure [The Truth/Urantia Book - both by strong implication] is now getting that it wasn't getting previously.
It has long been known that ridicule creates interest. [ :plain:]There is even a well-known, and accepted as true, quote about ridicule:

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788 – 1860)

While I don't particularly support the Urantia Papers, I do support a person's right to their journey to God... [ :plain:]however that path may appear to others. [ :plain:]

May God's blessings continue to rain down upon those who faithfully uphold Christ's instructions and faithfully present the fruit of the Spirit in their behaviors and words despite the persecution that they receive.

I applaud your ... support of those who reflect the fruit of Christ and the Holy Spirit.May God's blessings continue to rain down upon those who faithfully uphold Christ's instructions and faithfully present the fruit of the Spirit in their behaviors and words despite the persecution that they receive.
And yet, also by their own admission, quite similar. You haven't seen the quotes that is nearly verbatim to the bible's verses either have you?

One was just shown by Caino the other day, but they who do not are blind and cannot see for the beam in their eye while trying to remove a splinter in another's.
:doh: You just authenticated the Ub, the Koran, Buddism, the BoM AND the Satanic Bible :doh:
How can anyone say that there is another way to Christ?! How, tell me, how can you even think that there is another way to Christ? And to think another is capable of it, to even suggest it!?
But you did

Bigotry continues ignorance.
You are about as wishy-washy as a wet noodle :(

Do you deny that there are errors within the bible?
Yep. The Bible has no errors. Nice try though it explains a lot about you. It explains why you stand for nothing.

I do not speak of spiritual errors, but about actual additions not found in the earliest manuscripts, and other such tinkerings? You deny this?
Yes. Why? For some incredibly good reasons. Hint: They are all still in our Bible AND we have found a LOT more manuscripts since even then.

That is your accusation. Untrue, but that is what the spirit of the accuser does. Why share in it?
You think incredibly too high of yourself. Paul opposed Peter to His face. You'd make that or any confrontation into wickedness. Why? Because when it comes to truth, you are a limp fish falling for everything instead of standing for something. You are emasculating yourself. James and John were sons of thunder, yet is was John who was the beloved. You run from conflict thinking that a gentle answer turns away wrath, and it does, but that is about a fight. We are talking about the words of life and I find your apathy disturbing and self-centered.
Look at your signature:
But whoso shall cause one of these little ones who believe in Me to fall, it were better for him that a millstone were hung about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. Matthew 18:6 KJ21
The Urantia is a millstone. You might not have put it there, but you are so afraid you'd let them drown without slapping the crud out of them for holding onto it while trying to jump in and get them out.
Your assessment concerns me not. If there had been signs of spiritual maturity in you, it would be a different story. Instead there was only attempted bullying, accusations, and other juvenile behavior not to mention the inconsistency and ignorance.
:nono: You don't write as much as you just did if such were the case. I said you lack discernment and you certainly do. I don't care if you want to try and whimp out of that.

Really? This is your response to: "That's right and whoever seeks for God will find Christ. Each and every time for each and every person."

Odd that, at best.

Why is this found to be unacceptable to you?
All of this for a :plain: icon because you said "you got one in three right!"???
It was a backhanded slap. Whatever else you said in that paragraph was lost because of it. "Plain." was as good a response as any other at that venture.

I am in the family of Christ. There's servants, friends and family; then also, there are bond-servants of which I am also.
Then it is time to leave whishy-washy and half-truths behind and stand for something. I've read the Satanic Bible. It actually has sentiments of scripture like the golden rule in. That doesn't mean someone will or can find Christ from reading it but the opposite. Satan comes as an angel of light. If you oooh and ahhh instead of calling him on his crud, you are implicit in his folly.

food for your thoughts and follies
-Lon

I am in the family of Christ ..bond-servants of which I am also.
Then act like it!

Caino

BANNED
Banned
It's a good idea though. If we make a movie the title should maybe include Christ Michael.

THE PARADISE CREATOR SONS

21:0.1 THE CREATOR SONSare the makers and rulers of the local universes of time and space. These universe creators and sovereigns are of dual origin, embodying the characteristics of God the Father and God the Son. But each Creator Son is different from every other; each is unique in nature as well as in personality; each is the “only-begotten Son” of the perfect deity ideal of his origin.

21:0.2 "In the vast work of organizing, evolving, and perfecting a local universe, these high Sons always enjoy the sustaining approval of the Universal Father. The relationship of the Creator Sons with their Paradise Father is touching and superlative. No doubt the profound affection of the Deity parents for their divine progeny is the wellspring of that beautiful and well-nigh divine love which even mortal parents bear their children.

21:0.3 These primary Paradise Sons are personalized as Michaels. As they go forth from Paradise to found their universes, they are known as Creator Michaels. When settled in supreme authority, they are called Master Michaels. Sometimes we refer to the sovereign of your universe of Nebadon as Christ Michael. Always and forever do they reign after the “order of Michael,” that being the designation of the first Son of their order and nature."UB

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
off the record................

off the record................

But both Caino and Freelight are on record agreeing that the Ub is against Christianity.

I've been questioning, exploring, expounding on various religious doctrines, theories, beliefs for many years here. 'Christianity' is just one religious school of thought or tradition. As far as me being on 'record' for being against 'Christianity',....we'll...you might want to re-phrase that as your 'concept' or 'Christianity'. Universal religious values and principles still hold, no matter what format, tradition or school one is facilitating such principles thru.

The OP of the main thread clearly supplies articles that show the differences and similarities that UB theology has with traditional conservative Christain theology, along with dialogue thru-out the threads, so its no secret about these particulars. The person, ministry and teachings of Jesus are the pinnacle of the UB in part 4, so to say it is anti-Christian is merely a matter of one's definition of 'Christian', since the fundamental religious truths and values hold per Jesus teachings about the kingdom of God and the soul's relationship to God.

There is nothing being promoted against anything, anymore than any other Christian sect disagreeing or debating over doctrines which have been going on since the first century. Challenging or disbelieving certain religious beliefs, ideas, assumptions is within the range of freedom of thought and choice, as well as finding something logical or rational enough to hold as tenable.

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Christianity is different than what Jesus taught, it's more of a religion about Jesus than it is Jesus' religion about the Father.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
I think you've been hanging around your 'little green men' so much that,
some of their 'cosmic dust' has gone through your sinuses and ended
up, deep inside your 'grey matter?'

You are imagining things again, we don't have green men or UFO's. Go up to the nurses station and have them check your sphycology.

Lon

I've been questioning, exploring, expounding on various religious doctrines, theories, beliefs for many years here. 'Christianity' is just one religious school of thought or tradition. As far as me being on 'record' for being against 'Christianity',....we'll...you might want to re-phrase that as your 'concept' or 'Christianity'. Universal religious values and principles still hold, no matter what format, tradition or school one is facilitating such principles thru.

The OP of the main thread clearly supplies articles that show the differences and similarities that UB theology has with traditional conservative Christain theology, along with dialogue thru-out the threads, so its no secret about these particulars. The person, ministry and teachings of Jesus are the pinnacle of the UB in part 4, so to say it is anti-Christian is merely a matter of one's definition of 'Christian', since the fundamental religious truths and values hold per Jesus teachings about the kingdom of God and the soul's relationship to God.

There is nothing being promoted against anything, anymore than any other Christian sect disagreeing or debating over doctrines which have been going on since the first century. Challenging or disbelieving certain religious beliefs, ideas, assumptions is within the range of freedom of thought and choice, as well as finding something logical or rational enough to hold as tenable.

pj
:nono:

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The religion of Jesus for all to follow...........

The religion of Jesus for all to follow...........

Christianity is different than what Jesus taught, it's more of a religion about Jesus than it is Jesus' religion about the Father.

Indeed,.....the UB simply emphasizes that souls respect and practice the religion of Jesus, follow in his footsteps, respect his teachings about the kingdom, and live accordingly. Such is fundamental.

It notes that Christianity later formed/developed as a religion about Jesus, mainly thru Paul's gospel emphasis. We are called by Jesus himself within the context of his own teaching (the principles being timeless, not limited to some narrow dispensation). Later centuries brought their own innovations in association with the personality of Jesus, and even still today, we have many 'orthodox' and 'unorthodox' denominations within the broader field of Christendom.

pj