MOVIE TITLES THAT RELATE TO THE URANTIA BOOK?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Xenu for you on line 2. Collect.

Urantia: purported communications from alien spirit/s

Scientology: purported communications from alien spirit/s

Judaism: purported celestials meet with Abraham at the Oaks of Mamre.

Christianity: Alien named Gabriel meets with Jesus' mother.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Do some actual research........

Do some actual research........

No he didn't.

Directly or indirectly he was....since his revelations touched on the universal sonship of all men which he came to discover in a gnostic sense thru personal revelation, man receiving salvation thru 'spiritual knowledge' (gnosis). Remember, "as in Adam all men die, even so 'in Christ' shall all be made alive". Being 'in Christ' is a spiritual code-word for that realm of Spirit-consciousness, where our spirit bears witness of our sonship with God. It can also be equated with 'Christ-consciousness'.

While Paul innovated his own gospel with its own terms, meanings, context, etc., the spiritual revelation of 'sonship with God' was an essential element of the salvation message, although he added concepts from other schools interpreting them in his own way, which were further conflated and modified by later scribes in the developing canon of the NT.

The papers proclaim the original purity of the gospel that Jesus taught, concerning the kingdom of heaven, and it founded upon 'the fatherhood of God and brotherhood of man'. Of course anyone can discover this thru their own study of the text. Some however prefer ignorance over knowledge.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
educate yourself.......

educate yourself.......

Urantia: purported communications from alien spirit/s

Scientology: purported communications from alien spirit/s

Wrong again.

The revelators of the first 3 parts of the UB are celestial personalities and ministers.....I wouldn't call them 'alien spirits', that description does not fit.

I would also question your knowledge of Scientology. Can you show where in that religion communication took place with 'alien spirits'? IMO, Scientology is much more 'out there' than the UB....and it is a true religious cult, while there the UB is a book, not a religious cult or organization. I suggest you educate yourself first before making outlandish claims and comparisons with 2 very different entities.

With the internet available, there is no exuse for ignorance.

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
:nono: Where is the "UFO welcome" thread on TOL?

:doh: !!!!

Da-know, there are no space ships in the UB, only seraphic transport beings known as Angels.

39:5.12 "The erroneous idea that angels possess wings is not wholly due to olden notions that they must have wings to fly through the air. Human beings have sometimes been permitted to observe seraphim that were being prepared for transport service, and the traditions of these experiences have largely determined the Urantian concept of angels. In observing a transport seraphim being made ready to receive a passenger for interplanetary transit, there may be seen what are apparently double sets of wings extending from the head to the foot of the angel. In reality these wings are energy insulators—friction shields.

39:5.13 When celestial beings are to be enseraphimed for transfer from one world to another, they are brought to the headquarters of the sphere and, after due registry, are inducted into the transit sleep. Meantime, the transport seraphim moves into a horizontal position immediately above the universe energy pole of the planet. While the energy shields are wide open, the sleeping personality is skillfully deposited, by the officiating seraphic assistants, directly on top of the transport angel. Then both the upper and lower pairs of shields are carefully closed and adjusted." UB 1955

Last edited:

Aimiel

The papers proclaim the original purity of the gospel that Jesus taught, concerning the kingdom of heaven, and it founded upon 'the fatherhood of God and brotherhood of man'. Of course anyone can discover this thru their own study of the text. Some however prefer ignorance over knowledge.
God truly IS Father to those who believe in His Son. He is NOT, however, Father to those who don't.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.

Those who have no life in them will not have eternal life. Ignoring Jesus' Words carry eternal consequences. Ignoring Jebus' words in the UB carry NO consequences.

Levolor

AND He will do so by and through Himself. There IS no other name, under Heaven, given to men, by which men can be saved.

And yet you ignore the fact that all persons seeking God, will come to Christ. They are seeking because God the Father is drawing them.

Recall that each person is in Christ's hands? That He is the author and finisher of our faith. Sometimes that faith veers off and learns from other traditions. This will actually cause some individuals to become closer to God.

It is such a tragedy, but so many Christians do not possess the answers to the very valid questions that the more intelligent among us might have concerning the religion. What I generally see is fear reactions to those who are truly seeking truth... where ever it may be and the fight against those who are seeking God's face are treated with contempt. Of course, Christ did say this would happen.

People get banned from here for asking questions... often times presented in a loathing way, granted, but they cannot yet see God as love... not within the words of the bible and not within the hearts of those who claim to be God's people. These are hurting souls, in torment... yet no compassion is given. Not enough, that is, before they are banned... over and over. Happens everywhere; not just here.

You MUST read the Bible to know that.

Are you saying this because the readers of the Urantia Papers may not have read the bible? Or what? Why?

Have you asked any of them?

I see evidence from Caino that he has read the bible. I see an amazing depth of knowledge (as well as understanding) in Zeke about the bible. I would highly doubt that Freelight is in any ignorance regarding the bible.

But, you'd have to ask them. That is, if that was the purpose of your statement.

And likewise, you also don't buy into the Urantia book.

I have read it though. During my extended phase of questioning I read many tradition's/religion's books and writings.

My book is the bible. I am Christ's. I belong to Him.

We know the difference between truth and error.

We? A power word, meant to influence me into thinking you do?

You are also correct: God may certainly use me to point that out. I pray that He does, yet agree He is Sovereign.

Right. It is God, and God alone, who saves.

A MAJOR theme of scripture is correcting error. Can you or I do otherwise?

There are some who can and many who cannot. The many who cannot are just falling into a ditch.

We are told to work out our own salvation. Just how are you doing that when always pointing the finger so? Are you unaware that three fingers are pointing back at you when you do this finger pointing?
:sigh: But then you deny God's exclusive claims.

LOL

So you say.

But I say, and have been saying, that all who seek God will find Him, which is according to the bible, and you say I deny God's claims!

The irony!

Your verse above proved that, but you haven't read it enough to understand context.

When having nothing of substance to say, go after the person, right? This is what you are doing here.

If the verse proved it, show how instead of doing character assassination. You do know that false witnessing is a sin, yes? Presumption is also a sin against one's own soul. May I suggest 1 John 1:9 to you?

"Other sheep" would be you and I as gentiles.

Gentiles are all those who are not Jewish. So, Christ's other sheep are all other people.

He was praying concerning Jews AND those who else, would come to Christianity, NOT come to other religions. John 12:32 John 14:6

1. Jesus was not praying at that time when He spoke those words.
(Maybe you are thinking of His prayer in the Garden?)

2. Do you mistrust God? Lack faith in Him to do what He said He would do?

And they will leave error and see error outside of His words.

There are those who can see Christ's words even when they are not in the bible. Recall that the world would not be able to contain the books if everything that Jesus did was written down. (John 21:25)

Then you would have read His word repeatedly, come to love it, and recognize truth from error.

It seems to me that those who are seeking the most for understanding, do love the truth; have read the bible a number of times and do not/have not yet come closer to God, but when they do go forth searching everywhere, leaving no stone unturned... they do find God and have a closer relationship with Him, being inChrist than they ever did before with the bible. This being evidenced by their fruit.

Would you be happier if they were atheists?

At least these people are not turning away from God... even though you think they are. They aren't.

I wish it were not so, but Christianity itself runs some of the most holy away from the religion.

~~~As an aside, for the seekers: Do not give up praying. Pray! Talk to God/Abba/Father and then wait for Him to answer. Your path will be even more blessed. We may become mature, but we will always be children here and needing our Father.~~~

You are hear supporting another way to Christ.

No, I am here supporting an individual's right to pursue God as they see fit with their own God-given free will. To take away another's free will is akin to murder and lying to them.

You are also clearly incorrect as well as false witnessing.

It would be foolish of me to support another way to Christ, for there is only one way and that is for Our Father to draw a person.

No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. John 6:44

How can anyone say that there is another way to Christ?! How, tell me, how can you even think that there is another way to Christ? And to think another is capable of it, to even suggest it!?

I serve a mighty and powerful God, whose arm is not shortened so that it could not save. (Isaiah 59:1)

A book that is contradictory to Christianity by their own admission

And yet, also by their own admission, quite similar. You haven't seen the quotes that is nearly verbatim to the bible's verses either have you?

One was just shown by Caino the other day, but they who do not are blind and cannot see for the beam in their eye while trying to remove a splinter in another's.

Bigotry continues ignorance.

and against the Bible 'errors' according to it.

Do you deny that there are errors within the bible?

I do not speak of spiritual errors, but about actual additions not found in the earliest manuscripts, and other such tinkerings? You deny this?

That is your accusation. Untrue, but that is what the spirit of the accuser does. Why share in it?
That is a decided lack of discernment, at best.

Your assessment concerns me not. If there had been signs of spiritual maturity in you, it would be a different story. Instead there was only attempted bullying, accusations, and other juvenile behavior not to mention the inconsistency and ignorance.

Really? This is your response to: "That's right and whoever seeks for God will find Christ. Each and every time for each and every person."

Odd that, at best.

Why is this found to be unacceptable to you?

In context, this is not ecumenical support. It is about causing one to fall 'away' from Christ and His gospel.

In context, it is a signature line, which is not part of the conversation. So, you are right about it not being support.

Are you a servant of Christ, or some other ideal?

I am in the family of Christ. There's servants, friends and family; then also, there are bond-servants of which I am also.

Lon

And yet you ignore the fact that all persons seeking God, will come to Christ. They are seeking because God the Father is drawing them.

You are arguing that "all roads lead to Rome," which is universalism.
You may not mean to. At times you backpedal from this brink, but other times you embrace other religions, participate willingly with Urantia folks in this thread and so your allegiance to Christ is often confused on TOL.

Here is why what you say is an offense to Christ and His Salvation: If all roads lead to God, there is no need for Him to have taught or died and any other religion is 'just as good.'

If that is your devotion to Christ Jesus the Savior, you are not honoring or loving Him nor are upholding His words, love, holiness, or His incredible sacrifice. Do you love Christ Jesus and uphold His words or do you not? Joshua 24:15

The verses say all men must come to Christianity, the narrow way that leads to life. He will draw all kinds of men, from all kinds of ways, but all those ways do NOT lead to life, but to death. Scripture says so. Proverbs 14:12; 16:25

So it is the direct opposite of what you are you seem to say is true.

All roads do NOT lead to Christ and all men (including me where Christ found me) MUST leave their old lives and roads, and enter through the narrow gate, and walk that narrow road. All else are lost. Matthew 7:13-14

Your verse quote (Mark 9:39-41) was within the Jewish community and were listening and doing what Jesus said, just not part of the disciple/following group.

Lon

39:5.13 When celestial beings are to be enseraphimed for transfer from one world to another, they are brought to the headquarters of the sphere and, after due registry, are inducted into the transit sleep. Meantime, the transport seraphim moves into a horizontal position immediately above the universe energy pole of the planet. While the energy shields are wide open, the sleeping personality is skillfully deposited, by the officiating seraphic assistants, directly on top of the transport angel. Then both the upper and lower pairs of shields are carefully closed and adjusted." UB 1955
" ...said Mister Sulu as he punched the warp injector and set coordinates...." :dizzy:

Trekkie-Geek.jpg

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Wrong again.

The revelators of the first 3 parts of the UB are celestial personalities and ministers.....I wouldn't call them 'alien spirits', that description does not fit.

I would also question your knowledge of Scientology. Can you show where in that religion communication took place with 'alien spirits'? IMO, Scientology is much more 'out there' than the UB....and it is a true religious cult, while there the UB is a book, not a religious cult or organization. I suggest you educate yourself first before making outlandish claims and comparisons with 2 very different entities.

With the internet available, there is no exuse for ignorance.

pj

Hows that spacecraft of yours doing?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
an open and unknown future......

an open and unknown future......

~*~*~

There is an actual movie titled 'A feast of uncertainty' here...a journey to Israel with the Urantia Book...covering Jesus and his ministry there from the UB text. The title is taken from some passages in the papers.

"Uncertainty with security is the essence of the Paradise adventure — uncertainty in time and in mind, uncertainty as to the events of the unfolding Paradise ascent; security in spirit and in eternity, security in the unqualified trust of the creature son in the divine compassion and infinite love of the Universal Father; uncertainty as an inexperienced citizen of the universe; security as an ascending son in the universe mansions of an all-powerful, all-wise, and all-loving Father." (1223.3) 111:7.1

Here we are encouraged to go forward not totally certain of the future yet secure in our faith in the providence of God, trusting in the good news of the kingdom and God as our loving Father and faithful guide.

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned

Here's a story
about a Kiwi name Grosnick
who has an obsession with a book
That-he-has-not-read...........

Aimiel

You cannot trust in God when you try to make Him into a liar. You also don't have to know counterfeit money to be able to reject all phony dollar bills. We know The Living God. We also know Urantia has NOTHING to do with Him. Not recognizing these facts is enough to show both of you to be fools.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
You cannot trust in God when you try to make Him into a liar. You also don't have to know counterfeit money to be able to reject all phony dollar bills. We know The Living God. We also know Urantia has NOTHING to do with Him. Not recognizing these facts is enough to show both of you to be fools.

The Uantia revelation validates, expands and supports many of the historic facts and spiritual truths used by the authors of the Bible books. The UB is not your enemy unless you are practicing biblical or frankly UB idolitry. God is living, petrifying his living Word tends to kill it leading people into bigotry, cruelty and atrocities.

Aimiel

The Uantia revelation validates, expands and supports many of the historic facts and spiritual truths used by the authors of the Bible books.
No, it merely pretends to, in order to attack that which threatens to dislodge demons from their pretend 'high place' of authority.
The UB is not your enemy unless you are practicing biblical or frankly UB idolitry.
You practice the latter, obviously. One who believes God's Holy Word isn't practicing idolatry by simply trusting that what God said is Truth. One is practicing faith in God. God not only is capable of inspiring men to give His Words, verbatim, but has done so in Scriptures and even to this very day.
God is living, petrifying his living Word tends to kill it leading people into bigotry, cruelty and atrocities.
God's Word is alive, both in me and in every single believing Christian on the planet. Those who pretend Christianity who've never met God or have anything to do with Truth will soon fall by the wayside. Ignoring God and His Holy Word can only lead to death.

There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. --- Proverbs 14:12 AND 16:25 (one Proverb that God repeated, since it is VERY important).

Caino

BANNED
Banned
No, it merely pretends to, in order to attack that which threatens to dislodge demons from their pretend 'high place' of authority.You practice the latter, obviously. One who believes God's Holy Word isn't practicing idolatry by simply trusting that what God said is Truth. One is practicing faith in God. God not only is capable of inspiring men to give His Words, verbatim, but has done so in Scriptures and even to this very day.God's Word is alive, both in me and in every single believing Christian on the planet. Those who pretend Christianity who've never met God or have anything to do with Truth will soon fall by the wayside. Ignoring God and His Holy Word can only lead to death.

There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. --- Proverbs 14:12 AND 16:25 (one Proverb that God repeated, since it is VERY important).

Church government wrote or rewrote (collated many spiritual truths in their re-presentation) many of the Bible books. These are the same people capable of killing the Son of God. Those are the real culprits here who took truths from humanity and made themselves into "Gods chosen people."

I trust the Living God, I take books written about him by controlling religious men with a grain of salt. Your imaginary demons and a Satan God are meaningless to me.