MOVIE TITLES THAT RELATE TO THE URANTIA BOOK?

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Truth be told...........

Truth be told...........

Blood atonement began in Genesis, firstly with Adam and Eve.

Gen 3:21 Also for Adam and his wife the LORD God made tunics of skin, and clothed them.

Hi LA,

That's 'assumed' you know,...as such could be interpreted differently. Again, the entire concept of 'blood atonement' AND the NEED for such can be debated. Note that physical blood cannot necessarily cleanse, purify or clear the conscience of a sinner. So what good does killing innocent animals in order to 'effect' some atonement really do?...beyond the effect of one's faith in such to do any good? There may have a relatable philosophical concept involved in such an act,...but that's a matter of 'interpretation'.

Yes people are prone to worship the blood instead of Him who gave it.

Heb 9:11 But Christ came as High Priest of the good things to come, with the greater and more perfect tabernacle not made with hands, that is, not of this creation.
Heb 9:12 Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption.
Heb 9:13 For if the blood of bulls and goats and the ashes of a heifer, sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies for the purifying of the flesh,
Heb 9:14 how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
Heb 9:15 And for this reason He is the Mediator of the new covenant, by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions under the first covenant, that those who are called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.
Heb 9:16 For where there is a testament, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
Heb 9:17 For a testament is in force after men are dead, since it has no power at all while the testator lives.

Yes, the blood is symbolic, and interpreted/applied SPIRITUALLY to the soul, whose action is effected by faith, within this particular belief-system. Other belief systems DO NOT accept or include blood-atonement in them. Even modern day orthodox Jews are doing just fine without any blood-sacrifices, let alone a human blood sacrifice, since prayer, repentance and good works is sufficient and acceptable to God,....since the DOING of His will is what avails,....NOT spilling out cups or gallons of blood over an altar, at the expense of innocent animals. These became a stench in God's nostrils, since all the blood in the world, without real repentance...avails nothing.

pj

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Typo or no typo the post was disruptive for the portions I have highlighted. Take off the creative spelling, the post is still in violation.
You and Grosnick are 2 pees in a pod, you just get more angry and nasty when confronted with facts. Jesus preached a gospel to the Jews, they rejected that gospel and killed him. Killing him as a sacrifice was attractive to the Pagans in Rome because they already had that in their theology. The Pagans found Pauls compromised version attractive.

Christianity is a compromise of the original religion of Jesus, therefor your false, self righteous judgment of my faith in Jesus is meaningless ranting no matter how many times you repeat the same pagan theories.
You are forgetting this is a Christian playground. The owner Knight is a Christian. He makes the rules. You don't. Calling Biblical Christianity pagan is not acceptable here.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Le massacre des journalistes de Charlie Hebdo constitue une atteinte des plus graves à nos libertés.

Ah, but TOL is not a democracy.
Translated--->The massacre of journalists of Charlie Hebdo is a most serious breach of our freedoms.

And what does that have to do with this thread?

Banning people is not massacring them.

Zeke

Typo or no typo the post was disruptive for the portions I have highlighted. Take off the creative spelling, the post is still in violation.

You are forgetting this is a Christian playground. The owner Knight is a Christian. He makes the rules. You don't. Calling Biblical Christianity pagan is not acceptable here.

So you want us to lie about the facts? maybe you should do some more research outside of fox news and duke dynasty.

Lon

~*~*~

Lon, in your reporting of Caino's post shared above, I find this laundry list a bit over-dramified to say the least.

I've already addressed Aimiels issue over a typo. I'm really amazed he felt offended over a TYPO,....the word 'pees', a simple misplacing of the finger, when the word 'peas' was meant. But that was enough ridiculousness for you to add the list above to it. Wow. From 'pees' (a typo) to full out 'blasmphemy'. This is bordering comical.

From a higher view, one sees clearly thru all these religious games,..but the show must go on.

Urantians wave off at best but often attack, at worst, the very core of the Christian message that saved me from a life of ruin.

pj
Again, he doesn't 'lie' or try to a'peas'e with slight-of-hand. There is nothing compatible here. Jesus Christ is exclusive. The Urantia is a modern man's attempt at universal religion. You could easily have written it as well as have read it. It reads exactly like the philosophy that it is. It is an attempt to pick and choose one's shopping basket, which pleases the mind to be its old-contented-self. You ARE your own god and smile when I say that though I have every intention of pointing out the offense of it.

The worst of us are demons. I've known several Buddhists, they had been in prison and some went back. My father was a murderer, the worst kind of demon in human flesh. He killed for no reason at all. Your religion leaves me in a living hell. You 'like' where you were/are in life. That is why this is your religion. You don't want or desire that to change. You married your Yin/Yang in yourself. I reject it and desperately need deliverance from that which I know is wrong. My selfishness is indeed sin. Something HAD to get me out of that destruction or I might have been ten times the son-of-hell my father was.

Urantains at best, wave off this life transforming Christianity and at worst, and often, attack its foundation who is Christ Jesus our Lord and only Savior.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi LA,

That's 'assumed' you know,...as such could be interpreted differently.

To provide the skins of an animal to cloth Adam and Eve would require the killing of an animal.

Again, the entire concept of 'blood atonement' AND the NEED for such can be debated.

Only unbelievers debate against it.

Note that physical blood cannot necessarily cleanse, purify or clear the conscience of a sinner. So what good does killing innocent animals in order to 'effect' some atonement really do?...beyond the effect of one's faith in such to do any good? There may have a relatable philosophical concept involved in such an act,...but that's a matter of 'interpretation'.

First you hit the jackpot in saying it is a matter of ones faith and then you reject it.

Men sacrificed their best animal in order that God would overlook their sin.

Yes, the blood is symbolic, and interpreted/applied SPIRITUALLY to the soul, whose action is effected by faith, within this particular belief-system.

Well this particular belief system is Gods word, and you make a public declaration that you reject it and Him.

Other belief systems DO NOT accept or include blood-atonement in them. Even modern day orthodox Jews are doing just fine without any blood-sacrifices, let alone a human blood sacrifice, since prayer, repentance and good works is sufficient and acceptable to God,

If that were so then Cain would not have killed Abel.

To think that the orthodox Jews who reject the Lord are doing just fine without coming to God through Jesus Christ is for you to align yourself with rejecters of God and His Christ as they do.

....since the DOING of His will is what avails,....NOT spilling out cups or gallons of blood over an altar, at the expense of innocent animals. These became a stench in God's nostrils, since all the blood in the world, without real repentance...avails nothing.

Rejecters of Jesus Christ are a stench in Gods nostrils.

It is a lie to say that those who go through the works of prayer , repentance and good works , are acceptable to God when they publically reject Jesus Christ, as you do yourself.--

Mat 10:32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

1Jn 5:9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
1Jn 5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
1Jn 5:11 And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
1Jn 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
[

I've already addressed Aimiels issue over a typo. I'm really amazed he felt offended over a TYPO,....the word 'pees', a simple misplacing of the finger, when the word 'peas' was meant. But that was enough ridiculousness for you to add the list above to it. Wow. From 'pees' (a typo) to full out 'blasmphemy'. This is bordering comical.

Evidently, you believe you can read "Caino's mind and intent?" Did
your 'little green men' give you this ability? Caino deserves to be
banned, he earned it! Let him enjoy the time off!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Again, he doesn't 'lie' or try to a'peas'e with slight-of-hand. There is nothing compatible here. Jesus Christ is exclusive. The Urantia is a modern man's attempt at universal religion. You could easily have written it as well as have read it. It reads exactly like the philosophy that it is. It is an attempt to pick and choose one's shopping basket, which pleases the mind to be its old-contented-self. You ARE your own god and smile when I say that though I have every intention of pointing out the offense of it.

The worst of us are demons. I've known several Buddhists, they had been in prison and some went back. My father was a murderer, the worst kind of demon in human flesh. He killed for no reason at all. Your religion leaves me in a living hell. You 'like' where you were/are in life. That is why this is your religion. You don't want or desire that to change. You married your Yin/Yang in yourself. I reject it and desperately need deliverance from that which I know is wrong. My selfishness is indeed sin. Something HAD to get me out of that destruction or I might have been ten times the son-of-hell my father was.

Urantains at best, wave off this life transforming Christianity and at worst, and often, attack its foundation who is Christ Jesus our Lord and only Savior.

Excellent post!

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Always learning.....

Always learning.....

You have a distorted understanding there (or convoluted),....the UB does not teach or promote personal godhood, but only worship and loyalty to God, who alone is true Deity. Its all about doing God's will, as Jesus taught us. Now as to my own eclectic theology and philosophic perspective, that's a bit more stratified :) - but since these threads are more about the UB, I 'contextualize' religious discussion within those parameters.

The worst of us are demons. I've known several Buddhists, they had been in prison and some went back. My father was a murderer, the worst kind of demon in human flesh. He killed for no reason at all. Your religion leaves me in a living hell. You 'like' where you were/are in life.

I'm fine with where I AM in life, and where life leads me, its a wonderful journey. Im also quite aware of the worse and heinous evils in the world, and how corrupt a soul can become. I'm also aware of the purity of heart, divinity and immortality that is potential in seed and fullness in that same soul.

That is why this is your religion.

You mean you have a 'version' or 'concept' of what my religion is. But this is a 'cant see the forest for the trees' kind of vision. I'd do some more research and learning, since 'perception' is subject to misunderstanding or misrepresentations. In the venue of a 'creative dialogue', more can be learned. learning never ends,...unless one retards the process.

You don't want or desire that to change. You married your Yin/Yang in yourself. I reject it and desperately need deliverance from that which I know is wrong. My selfishness is indeed sin. Something HAD to get me out of that destruction or I might have been ten times the son-of-hell my father was.

Creation is a process of unending change or transformation,...our desire to change coincides with the movement of life, and the choices we make to advance/progress forward, unfold/fulfill our life-potential. Sorry about your father,...I'm sure your 'God' has enough love and mercy even for him.

That's your misperception or preconceived assumption. The UB is clear in its theology, organizing itself in amazing detail and consistency on a variety of levels and subjects,....as far as the purpose of life, in its evolution and progression towards perfection. Its a composite revelation in and of itself, as it synthesizes religion, philosophy and science, although limited to the human knowledge of the 20th century with the additional illumination from the revelators upon the human knowledge of that time, with additional revelation of terms, values and meanings.

This perceived 'attack' is misconceived, since Christianity is not attacked by the papers, but clarified, revised some and added onto, ...expanding thereon, from a higher cosmic revelatory perspective meant to be given as the '5th epochal revelation' to the planet. Its information. There are many books of information in the world,....thousands,...the Bible included among them. Religious books have their meaning, value and context in a given culture or time. The original UB thread exists for such discussion.

This thread is just one more mock-thread by GM on the subject, in his typical bouts of buffoonery.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Looks like Zeke went and got himself banned again, Freelight!

No surprise eh. But then neither is the tolerance here putting up with your 'buffoonery' :):p;)

I'd call your 'word-switch' to 'brilliance' a major typo. If there wasn't a more wonderful oxy-moron.

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
runts a ranting...............

runts a ranting...............

Without a Urantia thread, what else are you going to talk about? :think:

You've certainly put the 'rant' back into Urantia :blabla:

An upstart or busy-body needs a target or subject to obsess over. While 'rant' might fit into the equation,....'runt' also might have a place there ;)

pj

Lon

That's your misperception or preconceived assumption. The UB is clear in its theology, organizing itself in amazing detail and consistency on a variety of levels and subjects,....as far as the purpose of life, in its evolution and progression towards perfection. Its a composite revelation in and of itself, as it synthesizes religion, philosophy and science, although limited to the human knowledge of the 20th century with the additional illumination from the revelators upon the human knowledge of that time, with additional revelation of terms, values and meanings.
:nono: You've been clear enough for this.

This perceived 'attack' is misconceived, since Christianity is not attacked by the papers, but clarified, revised some and added onto, ...expanding thereon, from a higher cosmic revelatory perspective meant to be given as the '5th epochal revelation' to the planet. Its information. There are many books of information in the world,....thousands,...the Bible included among them. Religious books have their meaning, value and context in a given culture or time. The original UB thread exists for such discussion.

pj
:nono: You can wrongly think as you like. There is a blatant problem with your faith that misses the core message of the gospel of Jesus Christ and it's exclusive claims.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
God is ONE,....the one universal reality at heart.....

God is ONE,....the one universal reality at heart.....

:nono: You've been clear enough for this.

Thanks for noting ;)

:nono: You can wrongly think as you like. There is a blatant problem with your faith that misses the core message of the gospel of Jesus Christ and it's exclusive claims.

If we're speaking of the UB's presentation of Jesus, it remains true to the central core of HIS teaching, as contained in the gospels as far as the kingdom of heaven is concerned, which includes the Fatherhood of God & Brotherhood of Man, the spiritual birth from above by faith, which allows one to realize this relationship. It does not project anything further into it like the concept of a 'vicarious blood atonement' being necessary.

Paul's gospel has a different emphasis, spin, set of 'terms', meanings, 'context' as he explained it, which took things in another direction within a different target audience, since it was made palatable for Gentiles as Paul deviated away from the original Jewish teachings (the law) still observed and taught by Jesus and his original disciples in Jerusalem. Traditional conservative Christians who note this, supply their own reasonings or resolve, or some take more extreme views, by emphasizing Jesus or Paul's teachings as more central or superior than the other, and of course some inbetween reconciliations.

In any case, the UB is clear in its emphasis of Jesus original gospel being one of a socializing significance, centered on the brotherhood of man having one universal Father, so that all in the reception of the 'good news' realize and embrace this relationship and citizenship in God's kingdom (community). The UB focuses on what it calls the 'Jesusonian gospel', instead of the certain innovations of Paul's teaching, but this is only a matter of understanding and emphasis per its reasoning and explanation. Being 'critical' of the differences between Jesus gospel and Paul's gospel does not mean a wholesale rejection of all Paul wrote, but only some particulars.

As a liberal eclectic,...I have no problem exploring other writers who have problems with Paul, since I keep a good measure of skepticism and even agnosticism in my repertoire. We've also had threads questioning the historicity of Jesus,...with no problems from moderators either, as long as rules were respected, and honest investigation and discussion could be had, on what evidence exists historically for some religious figures, and Paul is included. Some note that there is no historical evidence for Paul outside of the NT. That's another subject.

One can treat the UB or the Bible as 'religious fiction', 'doctored history', 'mythology', and a whole host of other natural human inventions, a potpourri for the religious mind. Its just information, a play of language, with different terms, meanings, symbols, with their 'interpretations' and 'translations'.

To slice one portion of a pie, then decorate, accessorize and worship it, as the whole pie,...is a bit short-sighted or self-aggrandizing. Truth includes the totality of all, because it encompasses ALL THAT IS. This gets more absurd as one considers the OMNIPRESENCE of 'God'. But I'll save my usual meta-tations for another time ;)

pj