MOVIE TITLES THAT RELATE TO THE URANTIA BOOK?

Lon

* Lon, the preist [priest]class [:idunno:] made an idol out of the Bible books that they wrote (all religions do) you can't think outside of your particular interpretation of their box. You are every bit as guilty of the fetish making tendency you are falsely accusing me of.

:nono: When I struggled with those passages it was to be fit into His mold rather than trying to fit Him into mine. There is a tendency not to listen, but again, this is like the Samaritan problem "you worship what you don't know."

I don't fault you for your sincere faith, which you likly know is a gift from God, just this theory that human writings are divine and perfect.
:nono: Again, this is you conforming God to you, rather than you conforming to God. I'll even go further: If God hasn't given clear instructions on how to get out of this mess, then you and I are stuck and it doesn't matter what we read after that. We fall short of His glory.
So, unless He really did give us an exclusive book, penned as authors were moved along, God-breathed, and inspired, then you and I have nothing. You are happy then with man's attempts to reach God and don't seem to care if you fall short. I am convinced 1) God has to find me, or I'm lost and 2) I have to accept directions, whether I agree with them or not, to get out of this mess. Therefore, I believe the Bible is inspired for internal and external reasons. This is an impasse. A line indelibly drawn. TOL must necessarily draw it.

* I don't belive that you really think that I hate God any more than you truly believe that Hillary Clinton wiped her computer of personal, recipe swapping Emails to free up a little spce! You are using a flavor of quibleing legalisms like the enemies of Jesus did to technically, falsely accuse me of hating God simply because I don't trust the writings of the preistly elite who were capable of killing the Son of God.
Let me rephrase: I don't believe you love 'my' God nor choose to follow Him. I believe we have, necessarily, separate ideas of who He is.
At one time, I might have 'liked' your god, but I see 'him' as an offense now because 1) he is you, not really a god, but a god consciousness that is pantheism (god in all things). We don't need to go on and on about this because there is nothing to gain but express the extremes here. Our gods are two different beings. I have to be molded by Him, to fit His image.

* Two notable discourses that Jesus gave in the UB will address your misunderstanding about the UB way being and easier softer, no conversion needed way. You could not be any more wrong......but you haven't really read the book so????
EVERYTHING I've read from it is problematic and contains errors. EVERY time I've quoted it, I've had to correct it or ridicule the 3rd grader who wrote it. After about 5 different passages, and this will make 6 or so, it truly is representative of all. NOT only that, you and I both agreed it is against Christianity. As such, YOU already told me what I would think about it. No Christian, disagreeing with you, and ESPECIALLY after I've read enough passages to get a sample of goofy and error, needs to read your book, Caino. There is no need, no desire. I'm going to correct this Ub quote within the spoiler. Don't look if it you don't want to see.
Spoiler

[URL]http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-standardized/paper-155-fleeing-through-northern-galilee?term=discourse#search-jump-result-0[[/URL]
(1729.2) 155:5.7 And then the Master, in his hour of teaching, went on to make clear these truths:

(1729.3) 155:5.8 Until the races become highly intelligent
[ :plain: :nono: "Highly Intelligent" is me and I am not 'Highly Intelligent" enough.]

and more fully civilized, there will persist many of those childlike and superstitious ceremonies which are so characteristic of the evolutionary religious practices of primitive and backward peoples. [this is just elitism by the guy that wrote this, as if we are somehow smarter than the earlier races :nono:] Until the human race progresses to the level of a higher and more general recognition of the realities of spiritual experience, large numbers of men and women will continue to show a personal preference for those religions of authority which require only intellectual assent, in contrast to the religion of the spirit, which entails active participation of mind and soul in the faith adventure of grappling with the rigorous realities of progressive human experience. [This guy might as well have been a Samaritan back in 33AD because he is advocating 'spirit' without 'truth' AND like you, rejecting dogma to create his own dogma against his rejection]

(1729.4) 155:5.9 The acceptance of the traditional religions of authority presents the easy way out for man’s urge to seek satisfaction for the longings of his spiritual nature.
[THIS is supposedly Jesus? Who told the Samaritan woman "Salvation is of the Jews" and "You worship what you don't know, but we Jews worship what we do know"?? :nono:]
The settled, crystallized, and established religions of authority afford a ready refuge to which the distracted and distraught soul of man may flee when harassed by fear and tormented by uncertainty. Such a religion requires of its devotees, as the price to be paid for its satisfactions and assurances, only a passive and purely intellectual assent. [:nono:]

(1729.5) 155:5.10 And for a long time there will live on earth those timid, fearful, and hesitant individuals who will prefer thus to secure their religious consolations, even though, in so casting their lot with the religions of authority, they compromise the sovereignty of personality, [See? "Self" as god]debase the dignity of self-respect, ["Self" as god ]and utterly surrender the right to participate in that most thrilling and inspiring of all possible human experiences["human/self" as god]: the personal ["self" as god]quest for truth, [:nono: Truth isn't personal, this is a Samaritan worrying about 'experience and 'where' to worship, rather than 'who' and 'how']the exhilaration of facing the perils of intellectual discovery, ["self..."]the determination to explore the realities of personal [again "personal" = "self" as god] religious experience, the supreme satisfaction of experiencing the personal ["self" ]triumph of the actual realization of the victory of spiritual faith over intellectual doubt as it is honestly won in the supreme adventure of all human existence — man seeking God, for[in] himself and as himself[Bingo!], and finding him[self This 'jesus' is congratulating you on your narcissism :( ]

(1729.6) 155:5.11 The religion of the spirit means effort, struggle, conflict, faith, determination, love, loyalty, and progress [:nono: Christ in you, the Hope of Glory is the 'Spiritual'] The religion of the mind — the theology of authority — requires little or none of these exertions from its formal believers. [Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all the Heart and with all thy Soul and with all thy MIND and with all thy Strength" Oops! Bye Bye Urantia :wave:]Tradition is a safe refuge and an easy path for those fearful and halfhearted souls who instinctively shun the spirit struggles and mental uncertainties associated with those faith voyages of daring adventure out upon the high seas of unexplored truth in search for the farther shores of spiritual realities as they may be discovered by the progressive human mind and experienced by the evolving human soul. UB 1955 [This is just Eastern Mysticism and the Hindu Religion dressed up for the 1950's. It is a
terribly written run-on sentence. The Pharisees sometimes were confronted with man-made traditions, but Jesus NEVER corrected the OT and he called them scriptures. That puts a large hole in the Urantia tires- all four of them]
Spoiler

For Lon in answer to misunderstanding. This is one of the fundamental reasons that the authorities of Judaism hated Jesus so bitterly [:nono: it is why I know it isn't true]:
(1729.7) 155:5.12 And Jesus went on to say: “At Jerusalem the religious leaders have formulated the various doctrines of their traditional teachers and the prophets of other days into an established system of intellectual beliefs, [which you have ▲quoted Jesus▲ as saying is bad-remember that in a moment]a religion of authority. The appeal of all such religions is largely to the mind[:nono: this is Samaritan-type of cult theology again - "Thou shalt love the Lord they God, with all they Heart, Soul, MIND, and Strength"]And now are we about to enter upon a deadly conflict with such a religion since we will so shortly begin the bold proclamation of a new religion — a religion which is not a religion in the present-day meaning of that word, a religion that makes its chief appeal to the divine spirit of my Father which resides in the mind of man[:doh: the mind that this guys just said Jesus said was not good, and previously said was a religion of 'spirit' This guy writes terribly]a religion which shall derive its authority from the fruits of its acceptance [because it is accepted it has authority???]that will so certainly appear in the personal [self as god]experience of all who really and truly become believers in the truths of this higher spiritual communion.”

(1730.1) 155:5.13 Pointing out each of the twenty-four and calling them by name, Jesus said: “And now, which one of you would prefer to take this easy path of conformity to an established and fossilized religion, as defended by the Pharisees at Jerusalem
[:nono: Jesus never would say this. First of all, He is God and said those Words of the Old Testament and Second, He said He came to fulfill the law, not abolish it and Third, that Heaven and Earth would pass away, but not His Words], rather than to suffer the difficulties and persecutions attendant upon the mission of proclaiming a better way of salvation to men while you realize the satisfaction of discovering for yourselves the beauties of the realities of a living and personal [self as god]experience in the eternal truths and supreme grandeurs of the kingdom of heaven? Are you fearful, soft, and ease-seeking? Are you afraid to trust your future in the hands of the God of truth, whose sons you are? Are you distrustful of the Father, whose children you are? Will you go back to the easy path of the certainty and intellectual settledness of the religion of traditional authority, or will you gird yourselves to go forward with me into that uncertain and troublous future of proclaiming the new truths of the religion of the spirit, the kingdom of heaven in the hearts of men?[Not only is this horrible theology against Jesus, it is a terrible run-on sentence!]

(1730.2) 155:5.14 All twenty-four of his hearers rose to their feet, intending to signify their united and loyal response to this, one of the few emotional appeals [emotional appeals? :doh:]which Jesus ever made to them, but he raised his hand and stopped them, saying: “Go now apart by yourselves, each man alone with the Father, and there find the unemotional [:doh: An emotional appeal that asks for an 'unemotional' response??? :doh: Caino, how can you even buy this stuff??? It is childish!]answer to my question, and having found such a true and sincere attitude of soul, speak that answer freely and boldly to my Father and your Father, whose infinite life of love is the very spirit of the religion we proclaim.”[Which goes back to the Beatles- "All You Need Is Love" and an emotional appeal for an unemotional response that is emotional :dizzy: Caino, you might as well add all of Joseph Smith's writing to this as well. It is a repeat of exactly the same sentiment: "Be your own god."]

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
:nono: When I struggled with those passages it was to be fit into His mold rather than trying to fit Him into mine. There is a tendency not to listen, but again, this is like the Samaritan problem "you worship what you don't know."

:nono: Again, this is you conforming God to you, rather than you conforming to God. I'll even go further: If God hasn't given clear instructions on how to get out of this mess, then you and I are stuck and it doesn't matter what we read after that. We fall short of His glory.
So, unless He really did give us an exclusive book, penned as authors were moved along, God-breathed, and inspired, then you and I have nothing. You are happy then with man's attempts to reach God and don't seem to care if you fall short. I am convinced 1) God has to find me, or I'm lost and 2) I have to accept directions, whether I agree with them or not, to get out of this mess. Therefore, I believe the Bible is inspired for internal and external reasons. This is an impasse. A line indelibly drawn. TOL must necessarily draw it.

Let me rephrase: I don't believe you love 'my' God nor choose to follow Him. I believe we have, necessarily, separate ideas of who He is.
At one time, I might have 'liked' your god, but I see 'him' as an offense now because 1) he is you, not really a god, but a god consciousness that is pantheism (god in all things). We don't need to go on and on about this because there is nothing to gain but express the extremes here. Our gods are two different beings. I have to be molded by Him, to fit His image.

EVERYTHING I've read from it is problematic and contains errors. EVERY time I've quoted it, I've had to correct it or ridicule the 3rd grader who wrote it. After about 5 different passages, and this will make 6 or so, it truly is representative of all. NOT only that, you and I both agreed it is against Christianity. As such, YOU already told me what I would think about it. No Christian, disagreeing with you, and ESPECIALLY after I've read enough passages to get a sample of goofy and error, needs to read your book, Caino. There is no need, no desire. I'm going to correct this Ub quote within the spoiler. Don't look if it you don't want to see.
Spoiler

Ha ha, no I won't look at your rewrite but that is typical of Christians and in Judaism, they just keep rewriting things and then presenting that is the truth.

People might believe in the great and terrible God simply because they are afraid not to,but they will only truly love a good God because they believe he is just. In it's true essence faith is a trust in the goodness of God not merely the fear of a God who will punish you in a lake of fire if you don't believe in him. I never have believed in a God who would send men to go forth to kill men, women and children in battle, and then instruct them to separate the young virgin girls for themselves. Or a God who becomes frustrated in what he had created deciding to drowned everyone except the Hebrew authors who created such a story a story that has Chinese people related to Noah American Indians or Australian aborigines related to Noah when no other culture on earth remembers or traces there bloodlines back to Noahs family, only the Hebrew authors do that.

No Lon, you are correct, I do not believe in your conflicted God concept that has been fastened in the image of the holy men who wrote about him. I do not suspend my sensibilities for the sake of belief in something that isn't really true out of fear. If you had a glorious, loving and good God presented in the Scriptures that people really wanted to believe in, then you could present that, but you don't have that so all you can do is be childish and criticize the UB because deep in your heart you know that what we are saying is true. Sending fire out of the sky to burn up men 50 at a time, just to prove power, well that's not a God that people really want to love but rather they are merely afraid of. The God revealed in Jesus' ilife disapproves those old ideas in the Old Testament books written by the the people who killed him!

If you had a better concept of deity, a better philosophy, a better explanation in the Bible then you would present it but you don't have it.

The Urantia Book is really like a software update, they are just updating the older ideas to better ideas.

Last edited:

Zeke

There it is... your false god was designed to scratch your itching ears.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; and they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

The UB is fiction. Fables. Phony. It says what you want to hear. God's Word is Truth. Urantia is nothing but lies.

That time was around the third century when the Romanized historic version was propagandized to the world through stealth and force, anyone who looks into in can find the facts that show your literal stance was manufactured for the illiterate common man fed with the ole carrot and stick routine still going on in this paper fiction you also patronized.

WizardofOz

Inzl Kett is against them and so is Knight! They think the Urantians
are strange!

Why

Hey Wiz, are you interested in becoming a Urantian? You're always defending them?

does it take you

Wiz is either interested in becoming a member or he feels sorry for them?

3 posts to respond to 1 post? No wonder you have 28+ posts per day.

freelight has been a member of TOL since 2003 and has always been polite and respectful regardless shared belief or lack thereof.

You, on the other hand, follow him around like a rat nibbling on his ankles and even create multiple threads all for a desperate attempt to troll him further. You're right up there with the biggest few trolls on TOL and now we can add stalker to your resume.

It's quite pathetic and juvenile.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Superstitious nonsense based in bigoted intolerance, the same closed minded, fear based, pride nourished, inconsistent and ignorant thinking that the Jews had towards Jesus!

The real Luciferian inspired teaching is promoted by Atheism on TOL! Demons don't promote faith in God, and your argument makes God a technocratic lawyer not a living Loving Father.

Aimiel has the religious pride which prevents the God of his faith from teaching him any more!?!? With that bigoted mind God could never reach his heart! Absolutely no different than the self righteous Jews who ALSO hid behind the scripture to withstand Jesus' new teachings! How clueless!

HOGWASH!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Why

does it take you

freelight has been a member of TOL since 2003 and has always been polite and respectful regardless shared belief or lack thereof.

You, on the other hand, follow him around like a rat nibbling on his ankles and even create multiple threads all for a desperate attempt to troll him further. You're right up there with the biggest few trolls on TOL and now we can add stalker to your resume.

Thank you for your support! If "hate" makes a man stronger then, you must be "muscle bound?"

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Why

does it take you

Levolor

Why

does it take you

God bless you, WizardofOz.

I applaud your standing up for fairness as well as your support of those who reflect the fruit of Christ and the Holy Spirit.

The great thing about all this ridicule, which the supporters of it need to be grateful for, is all the exposure it is now getting that it wasn't getting previously.

It has long been known that ridicule creates interest. There is even a well-known, and accepted as true, quote about ridicule:

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788 – 1860)

While I don't particularly support the Urantia Papers, I do support a person's right to their journey to God... however that path may appear to others.

Whoever seeks God will find Him. This is a promise of God. (Jeremiah 29:13, Proverbs 8:17, Deuteronomy 4:29, Matthew 6:33).

Jesus said: And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 8:11

And by all means, do take a look at Matthew 8:12.

Jesus also said: And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd. John 10:16

For those who think what was said in John 10:16 was only for the house of Israel. Think again. For Jesus' words are forever pertinent and timeless: Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. Matthew 24:35

May God's blessings continue to rain down upon those who faithfully uphold Christ's instructions and faithfully present the fruit of the Spirit in their behaviors and words despite the persecution that they receive.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
The UB is fiction. Fables. Phony. It says what you want to hear. God's Word is Truth. Urantia is nothing but lies.

The same could be said about your religious books, beliefs, stories, doctrines, assumptions, etc. Sorting thru hear-say, mythology and historical facts (if they could even be proven).

But notice no one is trashing your religious book(s), and continually saying its ALL 'fiction', 'phony', 'lies', 'gargabe', etc.....over and over and over again. That's insanity,...like a broken record. Even the gesture to continually attack is fear-based, and bigotry-inflamed, - one who is secure in reality, is not continually attacking anyone...or anything for that matter. He is at peace with God and the Universe.

pj

Lon

God bless you, WizardofOz.

I applaud your standing up for fairness as well as your support of those who reflect the fruit of Christ and the Holy Spirit.

While I don't particularly support the Urantia Papers, I do support a person's right to their journey to God... however that path may appear to other.

Whoever seeks God will find Him. This is a promise of God. (Jeremiah 29:13, Proverbs 8:17, Deuteronomy 4:29, Matthew 6:33).

Jesus said: And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven. Matthew 8:11

And by all means, do take a look at Matthew 8:12.

Jesus also said: And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd. John 10:16

For those who think what was said in John 10:16 was only for the house of Israel. Think again. For Jesus' words are forever pertinent and timeless: Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away. Matthew 24:35

May God's blessings continue to rain down upon those who faithfully uphold Christ's instructions and faithfully present the fruit of the Spirit in their behaviors and words despite the persecution that they receive.
1) :nono: "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, NO ONE comes to the Father but through me. There are NOT many ways that lead to God. Proverbs 16:25.

2) You are posting scriptures and then missing their points. John 10:16 says 'bring them' not leave them in error and sin. When Jesus met the Samaritan woman, he corrected her profusely. Right now, I'm correct you and the Urantians, profusely. You are incredibly wrong. "You worship what you DON'T know, but we Jews worship what we DO know. Salvation is of the Jews."

Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved."

Read the book!

Lon

"I don't believe in exclusivity."-Ref.

Your belief, or lack thereof, does not alter the objective truth. The book's testimony: Exclusivity. Genesis-Revelation. One LORD God, One Savior, One Way, One volume of the book, One faith................................

"He didn't say they'd all join a church or read a book"-Ref.

You made that up. There was no bigger "bible wacko/nut" than the Lord Jesus Christ. "It is written...Have ye not read?..........................................

"He didn't say they'd all join a church or read a book, He just said He would draw them to Him. "-Ref.

You would have no knowledge of "He" w/o the book by which "He" is revealed. NADA. The LORD God has chosen the book as the means by which He has revealed Himself to His creatures. Accept it.
Read the book!

Zeke

1) :nono: "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life, NO ONE comes to the Father but through me. There are NOT many ways that lead to God. Proverbs 16:25.

2) You are posting scriptures and then missing their points. John 10:16 says 'bring them' not leave them in error and sin. When Jesus met the Samaritan woman, he corrected her profusely. Right now, I'm correct you and the Urantians, profusely. You are incredibly wrong. "You worship what you DON'T know, but we Jews worship what we DO know. Salvation is of the Jews."

Acts 4:12 Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved."

Jew is one inwardly, yet there is no Jew or Gentile in Christ, male or female, showing you missed the implication and the intent of using dramatized allegory for teaching universal truth that burst the exclusive dogma bubble of ego centric pedestals that are crumbling to truth that bows to no label placed on it by man.

Levolor

Praise God! Oh, bless my Lord! Hallelujah!

Do you truly believe that Our Lord and God is so petty as a natural/carnal man?

No! He is not so petty.

Whosoever seeks for God, will find Christ. Or is it that you do not believe Christ is God; or, is it that you call God a liar?

2) You are posting scriptures and then missing their points. John 10:16 says 'bring them' not leave them in error and sin.

Praise Jesus, my Lord! He is so amazing and is able to say so much within just one statement! Can you also see this?

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

It does appear that you have misread. The scripture says that Christ, who is doing the speaking, says: "I must bring them"; not you.

You cannot save anyone. Maybe be an instrument that is used, but it is God who saves.

I do believe rather than I who has missed the point, as you have claimed, it is you.

I also must point out here that it is love that draws, for God is love, and it is our Father who does the drawing. If God can be seen in you, then you can lift up Jesus who then raises each person up. (John 6:44) These persons will see Christ while He does that too. (John 6:40) Though, I perceive that it could be true that this is not personally known by you.

When Jesus met the Samaritan woman, he corrected her profusely. Right now, I'm correct you and the Urantians, profusely. You are incredibly wrong. "You worship what you DON'T know, but we Jews worship what we DO know. Salvation is of the Jews."

LOL

I do know Christ Jesus having met Him personally and have been taught by Him extensively.

Again, your claim about me is in error.

That's right and whoever seeks for God will find Christ. Each and every time for each and every person.

Hey! Good on you. One out of three you got right. :)

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Jesus of the UB:

“Thomas, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No man goes to the Father except through me. All who find the Father, first find me. If you know me, you know the way to the Father. And you do know me, for you have lived with me and you now see me.”

Aimiel

The same could be said about your religious books, beliefs, stories, doctrines, assumptions, etc. Sorting thru hear-say, mythology and historical facts (if they could even be proven).
God provides proof. He is found by those who seek Him.

And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the Lord searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever.

If you don't seek Him you'll be cast off forever. If you seek Him with a perfect heart and a willing mind He WILL be found. Obviously you haven't sought Him.
But notice no one is trashing your religious book(s), and continually saying its ALL 'fiction', 'phony', 'lies', 'gargabe', etc.....over and over and over again.
Liar. There are people who do so their whole lives. Some people do so more than others.
That's insanity,...like a broken record. Even the gesture to continually attack is fear-based, and bigotry-inflamed, - one who is secure in reality, is not continually attacking anyone...or anything for that matter. He is at peace with God and the Universe.
I'm not attacking anyone. I'm sorry you believe that I am. The only one I'm attacking is the enemy of your soul. I hate him. It's his control of you and Caino that I call down from it's pretend high place of false authority. I'm attacking the book of nothing but LIES that is called: "Urantia."