MOVIE TITLES THAT RELATE TO THE URANTIA BOOK?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You might want to take a look at who started this thread? Hes been reported in the woodshed many times. Did you see that? He's made 2 mock-threads about the UB. He's misrepresenting a lot and will be corrected on it. Perhaps you want to address the one doing most of the TROLLING on this subject. Would that be logical? rational?

pj

NOTHING about you and Caino is logical or rational!!

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You might want to take a look at who started this thread? Hes been reported in the woodshed many times. Did you see that? He's made 2 mock-threads about the UB. He's misrepresenting a lot and will be corrected on it. Perhaps you want to address the one doing most of the TROLLING on this subject. Would that be logical? rational?

pj
Perhaps it is time for you guys to move on. Like Knight I agree with your detractors. This Urantia stuff might as will be UFO nonsense. It makes just as much sense.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Progressive revelation; unending universe ascension.....

Progressive revelation; unending universe ascension.....

(1569.1) 140:1.4 “But for you, my children, and for all others who would follow you into this kingdom, there is set a severe test. Faith alone will pass you through its portals, but you must bring forth the fruits of my Father’s spirit if you would continue to ascend in the progressive life of the divine fellowship. Verily, verily, I say to you, not every one who says, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven; but rather he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

All the sayings of Jesus paraphrased in the papers are available for all to read, as his presentation and explanation of the kingdom of heaven, based on the principle of the Fatherhood of God and Brotherhood of Man, and the spiritual rebirth of communion with God in fellowship and the DOING of his Will,...is clearly articulated.

We have records of Jesus teachings/sayings/doings in books outside of the synoptic gospels,....these can be weighed by their intrinsic worth, inner meaning and application,....such as any other principles are subject to evaluation. The Infinite cannot be contained by any text per se, but can express itself thru a multitude of writings, records and events,...and still be unlimited, ever expanding, unfolding progressive revelation.

pj

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You guys have rejected eternal life for some occult/cult beliefs made up
by either someone like L. Ron or by some 'demonic beings?'

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
All the sayings of Jesus paraphrased in the papers are available for all to read, as his presentation and explanation of the kingdom of heaven, based on the principle of the Fatherhood of God and Brotherhood of Man, and the spiritual rebirth of communion with God in fellowship and the DOING of his Will,...is clearly articulated.

We have records of Jesus teachings/sayings/doings in books outside of the synoptic gospels,....these can be weighed by their intrinsic worth, inner meaning and application,....such as any other principles are subject to evaluation. The Infinite cannot be contained by any text per se, but can express itself thru a multitude of writings, records and events,...and still be unlimited, ever expanding, unfolding progressive revelation.

pj

ANYTHING outside the inspired word of God (The Bible) is fiction!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Those are low accusations, but not surprising, that's all you have. I've been recovering from alcoholism and drug addiction for 30 years come April 28th. The accusation that people turn to the Urantia Papers because it's somehow an easier softer more lax way is a statment of pure ignorance Lon. That exposes the fact that you clearly haven't read anything of note in the UB.

If anything the inconsustant moral example of the God, created larlgy in mans own image, in the Hebrews preistly writings, has turned a great many people off. You won't find God in the UB accused of any of the atrocities of the Bible, stories written in hind site during the Babylonion captivity by a culture attempting to justify its own crimes against humanity and explain how it was that they were once again under bondage when the priestly elite had been perpetuating a national egotism. That attitude still prevails today among the people who rejected the original gospel.

(1569.1) 140:1.4 “But for you, my children, and for all others who would follow you into this kingdom, there is set a severe test. Faith alone will pass you through its portals, but you must bring forth the fruits of my Father’s spirit if you would continue to ascend in the progressive life of the divine fellowship. Verily, verily, I say to you, not every one who says, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven; but rather he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

You overcame drug addiction/alcoholism just to adhere yourself
to the phony fictional, occult/cult belief system known as the
Urantia Book? Perhaps, your mind had been damaged by all those
drugs and booze and affected your discernment?

Caino

BANNED
Banned
You overcame drug addiction/alcoholism just to adhere yourself
to the phony fictional, occult/cult belief system known as the
Urantia Book? Perhaps, your mind had been damaged by all those
drugs and booze and affected your discernment?

When really its you who are defensive like someone in a cult. The truth of the UB has gotten under your thin skin, else you wouldn't care like 99% of the other TOL members just don't bother.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Consider.............

Consider.............

Perhaps it is time for you guys to move on. Like Knight I agree with your detractors. This Urantia stuff might as will be UFO nonsense. It kales just as much sense.

But your missing the fact of the detractors here, being those MISREPRESENTING the UB as a UFO cult which it is NOT. I've corrected this time and time again. HERE. So, those 'lying' are the detractors here, since I'm being 'integrous' and 'correct' in my presentation of the UB, serving as an expositor/expounder in the interest of 'creative dialogue'. That's what I've done here for over 10 years on a variety of religious subjects.

What this whole UB issue presents is a challenge to ceratin belief-systems, open-mindedness and intellectual honesty, for one to research the matter for themselves, instead of just presuming ignorantly about the facts involved, and what the theology consists of, which is plainly shared in the first 5 papers, and beyond. After all, that's what the UB thread is about, exploring/discussing the concepts, relating them, debating them, expanding our own views and understandings of 'God' and the cosmos.

The UB is consistent and appropriate to be in the general 'Religion' section, since it IS a religious revelation, a universal text given to world, so its contents are worth investigating, if anything to expand, challenge and inspire a researching of the greater purpose and will of the Creator, in light of our own spiritual evolution and divine destiny. Open discussion of course includes debate.

If you want to ban or give a warning for TROLLING, you have no farther to look than the one making these mock UB threads.

I've invested a lot in these discussions in the interest of informing, enlightening and expanding one's religious perspectives, mostly because it just happens to be an active thread here, and I've been a reader of the UB off and on over the years, - its only one book of many which I've explored, and incorporate into my eclectic studies. I know whereof I speak, therefore if any here misrepresent something, I will call it out and correct it.

This will be a learning experience, challenging some to reconsider their presuppositions and pre-figured judgments. Since Knight has allowed at least one UB thread in the Religion section, I think that's fair. As to the poster making these mock-threads, you'll have to deal with him by warning, or banning him if needs be.

I could just as soon make new threads or resurrect a few of my old ones (those that are still extant), and have plenty to commentate upon with a UB thread not being here, but I still might from time to time refer some points shared in the UB as it relates to certain theological subjects, and naturally so,...since I draw from a university of knowledge from many different traditions/cultures.
In any case,...again....DEAL with the troll making all these mock-UB threads, who has an 'obsession' in this regard. That's where the 'dis-ease' is. Medicate that. I've remained true to the art of 'discussion', since that's what its all about.

Caino and I differ in some regards on the papers, as I've shared before, since he is more of a exclusive devotee of the text, in a fundamentalist sense as regarding it as the latest/greatest revelation to the planet, while I see it is a significant contribution to the whole expansion of cosmic revelation in general, yet limited to its own context of terms and meanings, while other revelations correlating to the whole also have their contributions. This is the view of the UB in general anyways, as it recognizes a dispensation of truth being given to all religious traditions in our planet's history, the zenith of truth being revealed in the bestowal of Jesus (Christ-Michael) to the planet and his teachings on the kingdom of heaven.

pj

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Perhaps it is time for you guys to move on. Like Knight I agree with your detractors. This Urantia stuff might as will be UFO nonsense. It makes just as much sense.

Intolerance Rebuked
…39But Jesus said, "Do not hinder him, for there is no one who will perform a miracle in My name, and be able soon afterward to speak evil of Me. 40"For he who is not against us is for us. 41"For whoever gives you a cup of water to drink because of your name as followers of Christ, truly I say to you, he will not lose his reward.

Oh but Atheist are welcome all over TOL.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
~*~*~

We would also note, that any teaching ascribed to Jesus, however paraphrased, remembered or distorted...is to be evaluated on its content, meaning and value, within its proper context. Since Jesus says to continue asking, seeking and knocking, that's what truth-seekers do.....

pj

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Buffoon busters..........

Buffoon busters..........

~*~*~

Unbeknownst to GM,

His spoof-thread on movies related to the UB has backfired on him, since this only promotes an open investigation and discovery of the papers which he's created a frenzy over based on presumption. Karma has a way of back-firing, and if he doesn't wake up in this life, he may be afforded opportunities in the future, but there is no better moment than now :)

pj

Lon

~*~*~

Unbeknownst to GM,

His spoof-thread on movies related to the UB has backfired on him, since this only promotes an open investigation and discovery of the papers which he's created a frenzy over based on presumption. Karma has a way of back-firing, and if he doesn't wake up in this life, he may be afforded opportunities in the future, but there is no better moment than now :)

pj
I've no idea what rules and conditions Knight worked out with you, but it could be rather that you and Caino stuck your necks out further than your deal with Knight, in talking about and promoting the Ub in a different thread, no matter who started it. I don't think you have guarantees once you and Caino leave your own threads regarding that matter, again, no matter who starts a thread about it. The uB is very much against the message of the New Testament as both you and Caino have described and agreed it is.

Zeke

Yeah......He never said that.

Every other guy on TOL trying to channel or be Jesus has been 50 point banned, but a guy from 1910 laying in bed channeling "Jesus, The Early Years," gets your giddy stamp of approval like Barney Fife at a Séance calling on Count Istvan Teleky for three wishes. I never seen that lamp either but I know the difference between Don Knotts and a work of fiction.

John 21:25, You don't know what he said much less if he even existed historically, every communion with Christ has been through the spirit that no letter can capture or explain that confrontation with the divine along with the diverse nature of them, which is not of this world and becomes all things to all people and cultures, exclusive dogma is completely missing the spirit and it's benevolence towards all who seek outside the laws of men and their paper based spirituality missing the intent of the story.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
I've no idea what rules and conditions Knight worked out with you, but it could be rather that you and Caino stuck your necks out further than your deal with Knight, in talking about and promoting the Ub in a different thread, no matter who started it. I don't think you have guarantees once you and Caino leave your own threads regarding that matter, again, no matter who starts a thread about it. The uB is very much against the message of the New Testament as both you and Caino have described and agreed it is.

Again, one thread on the UB has been allowed in the Religion section. GM is the one trolling it, and starting mock-threads on it elsewhere, giving it more fan-fare. I've had plenty of other of my own threads in the past (most were older and were deleted in the last server-upgrade for making room), and can just as well make many NEW ones if I desire, so suspending any UB threads will not diminish my contributions towards creative dialogue here. What the UB is doing however is presenting a creative challenge to persons here, if they will take it, like any other confrontation or different religious perspective which forces one to re-evaluate his own beliefs, opinions and points of view. Its just information.

pj

Lon

Those are low accusations, but not surprising, that's all you have. I've been recovering from alcoholism and drug addiction for 30 years come April 28th. The accusation that people turn to the Urantia Papers because it's somehow an easier softer more lax way is a statment of pure ignorance Lon. That exposes the fact that you clearly haven't read anything of note in the UB.
You. Yourself said it was incompatible with Christianity and the New Testament. You are pretty close to Baha'i faith in doctrine and could mix rather well with them. The problem with both is that Christianity is exclusive, as you've admitted to, which is what I said: A pick and choose theology. As far at the drug example, I was only using the reasoning that certain druggy rockers would use in liking the Urantia, not aimed at you in particular. The Ub doesn't require a conversion. It is what you already are and 'makes you feel good' about the 'god already inside you.' It is Eastern religion, philosophy, and mysticism. There is no wonder that Paul J has spent time with India guru's, this is more of the same. These are all 'find the truth within' cults and man-made religions because it appeals to man, as you just now attested to as well. "You don't like" the God of the Bible so prefer the kinder gentler religion that wouldn't hurt a fly. God for you is a concept and you, so you don't have to change a wit to be Urantian. It is a pleasant journey into 'me, be myself, and god is me.'

If anything the inconsustant moral example of the God, created larlgy in mans own image, in the Hebrews preistly writings, has turned a great many people off. You won't find God in the UB accused of any of the atrocities of the Bible, stories written in hind site during the Babylonion captivity by a culture attempting to justify its own crimes against humanity and explain how it was that they were once again under bondage when the priestly elite had been perpetuating a national egotism. That attitude still prevails today among the people who rejected the original gospel.
There you go, your true colors. You ▲are against Him/don't like Him ▲ and especially because you have no control over Him and what He might do, let alone that He can move and think and do, without your input at all. Your faith is in 'you.' The U-rantia is all "U." It allows you to accept and do nothing but feel-good. Rather than finding a god on his terms, you found one on yours.
You are your own god.
Spoiler

Deuteronomy 9:8You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. 9You shall not worship them or serve them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, and on the third and the fourth generations of those who hate Me, 10but showing lovingkindness to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.