Justified by Faith Means Justified by Christ

glorydaz

Poor Robert... you don't get hostility due to "the gospel and justification by faith" here. You get called out about your FALSE doctrines; like "Jesus kept the law for us".

Get over that and you might be OK.

I can't figure out where Robert gets the idea of the "doing and dying".

His doing was His dying and His raising again.

It's the dying and raising again, isn't it?

When Paul says "justified by His death" and much more "saved by His life", it's His death and His resurrection life isn't it?

glorydaz

You are without the righteousness of Christ, because you reject the fact that Jesus fulfilled the law for you.

You cannot be justified unless you are justified by the doing and the dying of Jesus. Jesus justifies the ungodly by doing for the ungodly that which they cannot do for themselves.

Paul is clear that righteousness DOES NOT come from the Law....not even Jesus' own righteousness.

Galatians 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Galatians 3:21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.

I can't believe you refuse to listen to anyone.

That is the worst kind of pride to have, Robert...spiritual pride, and you have a very bad case of it. :nono:

Robert Pate

Banned

When Paul says "justified by His death" and much more "saved by His life", it's His death and His resurrection life isn't it?

You don't believe the Gospel.

All that Jesus did in his earthly life he did for us, in our name and on our behalf. It was his earthly life that was lived for our justification. Jesus as our representative over came sin, death and the devil and in doing so justified us. This was why God made Jesus both Lord and Christ, Acts 2:36.

The resurrection is God's approval of the earthly life of Jesus. Because Jesus fulfilled the law and atoned for the sins of the world, And has justified a world of lost sinners, God raised Jesus from the dead and sat him at his own right hand as... "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16.

This is all great news and is meant to increase our faith in Jesus and his Gospel.

glorydaz

God sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. All things have been reconciled to God by Jesus Christ, Colossians 1:20.

Jesus has reconciled us and the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus we can now stand before God's Holy Court as justified, (made perfect in God's eyes).

To RECONCILE....not HAVE BEEN RECONCILED. There is a difference, Robert.

If that was already a done deal, we would not need to be ambassadors for Christ telling men to BE YE RECONCILED.

2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.​

This is but another example of where you have refused to listen to ANYONE.
So many times we have been over this same point. :(

Please listen.

glorydaz

All that Jesus did in his earthly life he did for us, in our name and on our behalf. It was his earthly life that was lived for our justification. Jesus as our representative over came sin, death and the devil and in doing so justified us. This was why God made Jesus both Lord and Christ, Acts 2:36.

The resurrection is God's approval of the earthly life of Jesus. Because Jesus fulfilled the law and atoned for the sins of the world, And has justified a world of lost sinners, God raised Jesus from the dead and sat him at his own right hand as... "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16.

This is all great news and is meant to increase our faith in Jesus and his Gospel.

No, not His earthly life at all. Faith in HIs BLOOD, ROBERT. Faith in His death, burial and resurrection. The preaching of the cross is the Gospel. NOT the preaching of His life on earth.

Yes, I do believe the Gospel. What's more, I know what the Gospel is.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, justification means that Jesus has made me righteous before God.
No. We are not made righteous by the act of justification, Robert.

Justification is a forensic (legal) once and for all declaration by God the Father. The righteousness of Our Lord is imputed to the believer. Nothing is poured into the believer like some substance making him righteous. Rather, the believer is declared righteous. As Luther stated we are simul justus et peccator. In and of ourselves, under the analysis of God’s scrutiny, we still have sin; we’re still sinners. But, by imputation and by faith in Jesus Christ, whose righteousness is now transferred to our account, then we are considered just or righteous. This is the very heart of the gospel.

There is a double-imputation happening. My sin is imputed to Jesus. His righteousness is imputed to me. And in this two-fold transaction we see that God, Who does not negotiate sin, Who doesn’t compromise His own integrity with our salvation, but rather punishes sin fully and really after it has been imputed to Jesus, retains His own righteousness, and so He is both just and the justifier, as the apostle tells us (Romans 3:26). So my sin goes to Jesus, His righteousness comes to me in the sight of God.

Consider:

Review exactly why Jesus had to die:
http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...hat-says-you&p=4924918&viewfull=1#post4924918

It is in our walk of faith (sanctification), by access to the ordinary means of grace that we actually begin to grow in righteousness, but not at the act of justification.

AMR

Right Divider

Body part

It's another one of those weird myths of Churchianity. They cling to them instead of reading and believing what the Bible plainly and clearly says.

Right Divider

Body part

Once AGAIN, your claim that Jesus "fulfilled the law" is twisted. You probably still don't have Matthew 5:17 in your Bible.

Robert Pate

Banned
The words like "just" "justified" "justification" are legal words. God is a God of judgment and condemnation. No one will escape God's judgment, this is why Calvinism is a false doctrine. Paul said,

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that we may receive the things done in his body, according to that which he has done, whether it be bad or good" 2 Corinthians 5:10.

God's mark of ownership is the Holy Spirit. All that have come to Christ to be saved by him are indwelt with the Holy Spirit. These are the saved that have been justified by the doing and the dying of Jesus, the rest are the lost that have not been justified by Jesus Christ. This is why Jesus said,

"Not everyone that says unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the Kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father" Matthew 7:21

The will of the Father is that you trust in the work and the person of Jesus Christ for your salvation. No one will enter heaven that has not been justified by the work and the person of Jesus Christ. God is not going to run anyone around the judgment and declare them justified. If you are a Calvinist reading this, you are under the judgment of God, unless you repent.

Right Divider

Body part
The words like "just" "justified" "justification" are legal words. God is a God of judgment and condemnation. No one will escape God's judgment, this is why Calvinism is a false doctrine. Paul said,

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that we may receive the things done in his body, according to that which he has done, whether it be bad or good" 2 Corinthians 5:10.
The judgment seat of Christ is NOT about justification (salvation), but about rewards or lack thereof.

In 2nd Corinthians, Paul is speaking to believers about how they should behave.

God's mark of ownership is the Holy Spirit. All that have come to Christ to be saved by him are indwelt with the Holy Spirit. These are the saved that have been justified by the doing and the dying of Jesus, the rest are the lost that have not been justified by Jesus Christ. This is why Jesus said,
There you go... ADDING to the Word of God again. That's a sin RP.

"Not everyone that says unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the Kingdom of heaven; but he that does the will of my Father" Matthew 7:21

The will of the Father is that you trust in the work and the person of Jesus Christ for your salvation. No one will enter heaven that has not been justified by the work and the person of Jesus Christ. God is not going to run anyone around the judgment and declare them justified. If you are a Calvinist reading this, you are under the judgment of God, unless you repent.
Gee... good thing that I'm not a Calvinist.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Robert,

Please explain how you see the Calvinist position being at odds with the understanding of justification as taught in Scripture.

What Calvinist denies the coming Great White Throne judgement?

:idunno:

AMR

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You're a desperate man, Pate. You have no room to complain about what others say, for you are the worst accuser of them all. Pride is a horrible thing.
Indeed.

I have asked many times over the years (with no response) if Robert could name at least one specific TOL member he considers to be a brother or sister in the Lord. Crickets.

TOL is Robert's personal mission field. If we do not align perfectly with what Robert has to say in his "articles" of his own personal religion (a particular system of faith and worship), we are each to every man and woman, lost, hell-bound and sin-bent.

AMR

john w

Hall of Fame
You think you do, of course, but it's evident that many of you simply don't.

I have forgotten more about Romanism, than you know, being a former prisoner of the religious prostitute, properly known as The Roman Catholic Organization.

I know, I know....You misunderstand Catholicism.....We will pray for you, my dear misguided John W.....Come home to Rome....

Cricket....Cricket.....