Is marital rape scripturally defensible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

genuineoriginal

Scripture even encourages couples to mutually abstain for a while if agreed.
You should read the rest of the verse.

1 Corinthians 7:5 NASB
5 Stop depriving one another, except by agreement for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer, and come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. of self-control.​

OCTOBER23

Whenever I see a woman on the bus give up her seat for an elderly person,

I thank God for His Marvelous Creation , the Warm Loving Heart of a Woman. :king:

All women need Christian Love and Respect as they deal with the Burdens of this Life.:king:

genuineoriginal

The Bible seems to think women should be submissive to their husbands, which is WRONG!
Read Proverbs 31:10-31 to find out what the Bible says the women should be like in a marriage.
Marriage should be an equal partnership the man shouldn't be head of the household.
You should have told God that before He said this:

Genesis 3:16
16 Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.​

It is mentioned again in the New Testament.

1 Corinthians 11:3
3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God​

HisServant

You should read the rest of the verse.

1 Corinthians 7:5 NASB
5 Stop depriving one another, except by agreement for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer, and come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. of self-control.​

I know about the rest of that verse... it in no way impacts what I said.

Basically, it seems like someone is trying to justify rape simply because their partner is not being a good christian and submitting.

Submission is voluntary, not compulsive in any relationship.

GuySmiley

i was chewing on this last night - at first glance it sounds good, but what about the unintended consequences?

deny a man sex within marriage and he'll be tempted to seek it outside of marriage

besides, withholding sex by either partner creates a wedge between them and they are no longer one flesh
So is it rape? I think so, but if someone says no, its still a sin as husbands are told to love their wives as Jesus loved the church.

The best thing is just for husbands and wives is to just bow-chick-a-wow-wow

Spitfire

how about refusing to give your body to your husband?
I guess the Bible can mean whatever you want it to if you try hard enough (actually, I know it can - I've seen here...) but I think saying anyone is ever under any actual obligation to engage in sexual activity according to scripture is always going to be quite a stretch. Clearly there are situations in which couples have God's blessing to do so, but that blessing does not constitute obligation.

That being said, yes, it is good and desirable that a woman should be receptive towards her husband's affection. But, if the woman is being forced it's not a matter of affection.

HisServant

deny a man sex within marriage and he'll be tempted to seek it outside of marriage

I non-regenerate person who thinks this is an option would be the only type of person to make such a statement

besides, withholding sex by either partner creates a wedge between them and they are no longer one flesh

This falls flat on its face because there are so many factors that could limit sex within a marriage.

What if she became incapable of having sex anymore?... would you ditch her and find another to satisfy your carnal desires?

At the end, we are asked to treat everyone as Christ treats us and expect nothing in return.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I know about the rest of that verse... it in no way impacts what I said.

Basically, it seems like someone is trying to justify rape simply because their partner is not being a good christian and submitting.

Submission is voluntary, not compulsive in any relationship.

They think rape has been redefined, when it is they who are redefining rape in order to justify it.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I have already explained that there was no such thing as marital rape until after it was created by feminists in the 1970s.

There is such a thing as marital rape, and there has always been such a thing as marital rape, whether it was legally recognized or not. Your delusion notwithstanding.

Feel free to answer the question to you in the OP.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
You admitted to trolling yesterday. OK Doser trolls a lot too. I call out trolling but not all of it. I don't call everyone I disagree with as trolling. I call out only those trollers who don't engage the topic with me. You are trolling again here on this thread as usual.

:think:

Spoiler
im-not-a-troll-demotivational-poste%5B1%5D.jpg

genuineoriginal

There is such a thing as marital rape, and there has always been such a thing as marital rape, whether it was legally recognized or not. Your delusion notwithstanding.
Feminists have succeeded in redefining marriage, and marital rape laws are part of that redefinition.

_____
Marriage Rights and Obligations
A marriage bestows rights and obligations on the married parties, and sometimes on relatives as well, being the sole mechanism for the creation of affinal ties (in-laws). These may include, depending on jurisdiction:
  • Giving a husband/wife or his/her family control over a spouse's sexual services, labor, and property.
  • Giving a husband/wife responsibility for a spouse's debts.
  • Giving a husband/wife visitation rights when his/her spouse is incarcerated or hospitalized.
  • Giving a husband/wife control over his/her spouse's affairs when the spouse is incapacitated.
  • Establishing the second legal guardian of a parent's child.
  • Establishing a joint fund of property for the benefit of children.
  • Establishing a relationship between the families of the spouses.
_____​
The primary defining characteristic of a marriage is the sexual relationship between the husband and the wife.
The secondary defining characteristic of a marriage is the children produced by the sexual relationship between the husband and the wife.

It is worth noting that the change in rape law to create marital rape happened at the same time that abortion was legalized.

Both are part of the war against marriage that has turned our country into Sodom and Gomorrah.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I guess the Bible can mean whatever you want it to if you try hard enough (actually, I know it can - I've seen here...) but I think saying anyone is ever under any actual obligation to engage in sexual activity according to scripture is always going to be quite a stretch. Clearly there are situations in which couples have God's blessing to do so, but that blessing does not constitute obligation.

That being said, yes, it is good and desirable that a woman should be receptive towards her husband's affection. But, if the woman is being forced it's not a matter of affection.

if the woman's being forced, she's rejecting him, right?

is that a matter of affection?

HisServant

Feminists have succeeded in redefining marriage, and marital rape laws are part of that redefinition.

_____
Marriage Rights and Obligations
A marriage bestows rights and obligations on the married parties, and sometimes on relatives as well, being the sole mechanism for the creation of affinal ties (in-laws). These may include, depending on jurisdiction:
  • Giving a husband/wife or his/her family control over a spouse's sexual services, labor, and property.
  • Giving a husband/wife responsibility for a spouse's debts.
  • Giving a husband/wife visitation rights when his/her spouse is incarcerated or hospitalized.
  • Giving a husband/wife control over his/her spouse's affairs when the spouse is incapacitated.
  • Establishing the second legal guardian of a parent's child.
  • Establishing a joint fund of property for the benefit of children.
  • Establishing a relationship between the families of the spouses.
_____​
The primary defining characteristic of a marriage is the sexual relationship between the husband and the wife.
The secondary defining characteristic of a marriage is the children produced by the sexual relationship between the husband and the wife.

It is worth noting that the change in rape law to create marital rape happened at the same time that abortion was legalized.

Both are part of the war against marriage that has turned our country into Sodom and Gomorrah.

Maybe you should spend some time reading the passage on the virtuous woman... you seem to be hung up on sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.