Is marital rape scripturally defensible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
St. Teresa of Avila.

Well that is a good answer. But it is not in keeping with this particular thread. For this thread it would have to be Sarah for her theology about Abraham sleeping with Sarah's maid. Sarah has to be the all time greatest woman theologian for that bit.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Doser loves to create extreme hypothetical situations to support his pathetically weak arguments.

we're discussing a wife being forced to have sex against her will

i'm not making any argument, let alone a "pathetically weak argument"

and the only "hypothetical situation" i am "creating" is anna's, in which the husband "forces" himself on his wife, presumably against her will

do you understand?

or do you want to continue looking like a drooling retard?

GuySmiley

:think:

do you think Jesus wants His church turning away from Him?
No

Then what? Does Jesus force us?

Withholding sex is a sin for both spouses. Forcing it is also a sin for both spouses. Both have consequences. If I had to pick between Biblical consequences, I'd much rather be the one withholding sex, not raping.

truthjourney

1 Corinthians 7:4
The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife.
The scriptures also say that husbands are to love their wives and to be considerate of them and to treat them with respect. A husband who truly loves his wife will take into consideration how she feels at any given time and will not force himself upon her for his own gratification just because he thinks the scriptures give him the right to. If a husband does do that then he does not love his wife and does not care how she feels and doesn't think it even matters.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The scriptures also say that husbands are to love their wives and to be considerate of them and to treat them with respect. A husband who truly loves his wife will take into consideration how she feels at any given time and will not force himself upon her for his own gratification just because he thinks the scriptures give him the right to. If a husband does do that then he does not love his wife and does not care how she feels and doesn't think it even matters.

Well said.

Bluecheese

The Bible seems to think women should be submissive to their husbands, which is WRONG! Marriage should be an equal partnership the man shouldn't be head of the household.

Status
Not open for further replies.