Is marital rape scripturally defensible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
1 Corinthians 7:4
The wife does not have authority over her own body but yields it to her husband. In the same way, the husband does not have authority over his own body but yields it to his wife.

Forgot half the verse, Bro.

This is going to be fun. A few women on here who can't acknowledge anything on the subject of rape or feminism, go afterward and try to make a display of what I and others say to get them to fight their battle. Which is pretty cowardly.
And stereotypical.

thank you crucible - that's the scripture i was looking for

the fact is, "rape" isn't recognized with in a Godly marriage

all those other "marriages"?

who cares? :idunno:

Truster

So, genuineoriginal, if you held your wife down and forced yourself on her, you believe you would not be raping her.

YES or NO?

Any other 'Christian' men agree with genuineoriginal and Crucible?

What the wicked do is none of my business.

Rape in a marriage of a truly converted man and woman would be both unthinkable and unnecessary.

These two statements are based on scripture.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
In the Old Testament it is at least partially defendable. (Sorry for all you liberals who prefer the Old Testament.)

dialm

BANNED
Banned
You know type, the ones who are fast to quote the Old Testament to Christians. They never seem to quote the marital rape scenes.

Quetzal

You know type, the ones who are fast to quote the Old Testament to Christians. They never seem to quote the marital rape scenes.
Most liberals I know don't subscribe to the Christian tradition as a whole, so there is no reason to believe they are cherry picking for their own benefit.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Why these holy Libs want to take out the story of the woman caught in adultery. It is just to unbelievable. The priests and Levites would never force sex on a woman.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
But honestly I do agree with Truster when it comes to most women. Marriage is a loser. Except for that of the Lamb, all men should keep away from the alter to avoid being struck lame.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Most liberals I know don't subscribe to the Christian tradition as a whole, so there is no reason to believe they are cherry picking for their own benefit.

Liberals don't cherry pick. Come on. You will have a hard time getting Russ Limbaugh to buy that one.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But honestly I do agree with Truster when it comes to most women. Marriage is a loser. Except for that of the Lamb, all men should keep away from the alter to avoid being struck lame.

That's nice. :)

dialm

BANNED
Banned
The truth hurts sometimes. Believe me all you young men out there, you don't even want to go into slavery.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Marriage isn't what you think it is. Avoid it at all costs. Think of it this way-

You won't have the problem inherent in this thread. (Back talk)

Spitfire

For those saying that the whole idea of "marital rape" is a contradiction: you are right that it shouldn't be a conceivable scenario.

But, if a man actually is forcing himself on his wife against her will, there are clearly some serious problems with the marriage that need to be resolved before that couple should be having and attempting to raise any more children.

Status
Not open for further replies.