Is marital rape scripturally defensible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quetzal

The creation of marital rape by the feminists is one factor in the destruction of marriage.
Other factors include no-fault divorce, abortion, promoting promiscuity, and even suffrage.

It is the destruction of marriage that has turned our country into Sodom and Gomorrah.
:rolleyes:

genuineoriginal

You can do better than that
Spoiler
871.gif

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The creation of marital rape by the feminists is one factor in the destruction of marriage.
Other factors include no-fault divorce, abortion, promoting promiscuity, and even suffrage.

It is the destruction of marriage that has turned our country into Sodom and Gomorrah.

You rape your wife, there's a pretty good chance you'll destroy your marriage.

Wick Stick

No, it's not defensible.

Biblically, withholding sex from one's partner long-term is prohibited save for a few special reasons having to do with health. The wife is wrong for doing so.

But, her wrong does not give the husband the right to also do wrong.

The lawful Biblical resolution to the problem would be the annulment of the marriage, and the forfeiture of the dowry. The husband would send the wife back to live with her parents, assuming they were still alive. If they were not, she would effectively be homeless.

Obviously, things have changed a bit since then, but that is how the Law of Moses reads.

Jarrod

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Annabennedetti,

It is time to pay up. You been talking big. No put up or as they say, be quiet.

What kind of treatment did Wife Israel receive at the hand of Jehovah?

Give us your answer. We demand it

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Biblically, withholding sex from one's partner long-term is prohibited save for a few special reasons having to do with health. The wife is wrong for doing so.

That's right.

The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. And likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you because of your lack of self-control (1 Co 7:3–5).

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
problem is, sd, that anna (and rusha and queetzle) don't have any use for the Bible, except when they can distort it to suit their own perverted desires

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Scorecard so far:

Yes:
genuineoriginal
Crucible
sod

No:
Bright Raven
Bradley D
Arsenios
kmoney
badp
RBBI
dialm
HisServant
chrysostom
CabinetMaker
GuySmiley

If I left anyone off the list, let me know.

Last edited:

Spitfire

if the woman's being forced, she's rejecting him, right?
This is what I was talking about earlier. If she's actually rejecting him on a regular basis (not just turning him down every now and then) and he has to force himself on her as a result, something is seriously wrong, and the problem might not be completely on her end. Forcing her won't solve anything either.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Exactly as I thought. This thread is a troll inspired dog's hind leg. In other words it is crooked like Sarah's advice to Abraham.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Scorecard so far:

Yes:
genuineoriginal
Crucible
sod

No:
Bright Raven
Bradley D
Arsenios
kmoney
badp
RBBI
dialm
HisServant
chrysostom
CabinetMaker
GuySmiley

If I left anyone off the list, let me know.

For those 'Christian' men wanting their cake and eating it too... denying there is such a thing as marital rape based on your view of scripture puts you in in the yes category.

Last edited:

HisServant

I see the feminists have succeeded in washing your brain free from any common sense.

In all of history, the last 50 years is the only time when the sexual relationship between a man and a woman was not considered the defining factor of a marriage.

Maybe you should find out what "consummating the marriage" means.

And you seem to forget that what God giveth, he can take away.

Would it be wrong for two people to get married if it was impossible for them to consummate their marriage?

I would also add that consummating ones marriage has never been a biblical term or concept.

At the end of the day it comes down to the question as to whether you really love your spouse or are just using them.

A godly man would have all the patience in the world waiting on their spouse... and also understanding that it may never happen due to many reasons.

Seriously, are you going to allow such a small part of marriage (time wise) be the determining factor of how much you love your wife?.... how petty.

genuineoriginal

Would it be wrong for two people to get married if it was impossible for them to consummate their marriage?
No, it would not be wrong, it would be impossible.
Without the consummation of the marriage, the two people are not married.

I would also add that consummating ones marriage has never been a biblical term or concept.
Yes, it is, but you haven't learned enough about it to know that.

The Biblical concept of marriage is that it begins with the sexual act between a man and a woman.

1 Corinthians 6:16
16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.​

Marriage was created with the sexual act from the beginning, but the formalization of the marriage was introduced later with the introduction of a betrothal and a bride price.

At the end of the day it comes down to the question as to whether you really love your spouse or are just using them.
Are you talking about real love or just the emotional lust version promoted by Hollywood?

Status
Not open for further replies.