Is marital rape scripturally defensible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Withholding sex is a sin for both spouses. Forcing it is also a sin for both spouses.

:first:

Both have consequences. If I had to pick between Biblical consequences, I'd much rather be the one withholding sex, not raping.

i was chewing on this last night - at first glance it sounds good, but what about the unintended consequences?

deny a man sex within marriage and he'll be tempted to seek it outside of marriage

besides, withholding sex by either partner creates a wedge between them and they are no longer one flesh

ClimateSanity

If the husband loves his wife like Jesus loves his church... why are you even asking this question?

Sexual responsibility within marriage is a two way street. Sex should never be withheld if at all possible by either party. If it is withheld for good reason, the other partner should show compassion. This can be tricky though. It can become routine to claim tiredness or headache or hurt feelings etc. Before you know it, sex is a rare occurrence. I believe the marital union is the glue that holds you together. Once it is absent, Satan has a much easier job of creating an intolerable marriage.

ClimateSanity

:first:

i was chewing on this last night - at first glance it sounds good, but what about the unintended consequences?

deny a man sex within marriage and he'll be tempted to seek it outside of marriage

besides, withholding sex by either partner creates a wedge between them and they are no longer one flesh
It is the greater harm in that it potentially does the most serious long term damage. Now, if a partner feels they have been raped, then there were earlier times of marital discord that made them be able to feel raped by their partner. If any sex feels like rape to you, the marriage is already toast in my opinion.

Bluecheese

Sexual responsibility within marriage is a two way street. Sex should never be withheld if at all possible by either party. If it is withheld for good reason, the other partner should show compassion. This can be tricky though. It can become routine to claim tiredness or headache or hurt feelings etc. Before you know it, sex is a rare occurrence. I believe the marital union is the glue that holds you together. Once it is absent, Satan has a much easier job of creating an intolerable marriage.

Satan and the deity have nothing to do with marriage as in all probability they don't exist!

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
So... anyone come up with a scriptural defense of marital rape? Or are genuineoriginal and Crucible seeing what they want to see in the bible?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So... anyone come up with a scriptural defense of marital rape? Or are genuineoriginal and Crucible seeing what they want to see in the bible?

Nah, they have that *selective lenses* prospective going on ...

ClimateSanity

Have you noticed when Climate doesn't like something it is "trolling"? Strange. :think:

You admitted to trolling yesterday. OK Doser trolls a lot too. I call out trolling but not all of it. I don't call everyone I disagree with as trolling. I call out only those trollers who don't engage the topic with me. You are trolling again here on this thread as usual.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
So, genuineoriginal, if you held your wife down and forced yourself on her, you believe you would not be raping her.

YES or NO?

Any other 'Christian' men agree with genuineoriginal and Crucible?

How much does a man really love, honor and cherish his wife if he is willing to force himself sexually on his wife when she says no?

I do not agree with genuineoriginal and crucible. I think their position is misogynistic at its core and is deeply disrespectful towards their wives and God.

ClimateSanity

As for blue cheese. He is changing the subject of the thread from marital rape to the existence of God. That is trolling. There are atheists who don't make every thread about Gods existence. They are decent. Blue cheese should emulate that.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
oh no
it is the war on men
staring anna and rusha

it could be
that
the reason same sex marriage is so popular now
is
men are easier to live with

So again, what is your point? You seem to be endorsing gay marriage ... OR are you just here to troll?

IF not, feel free to answer this question:

Is marital rape defensible?

It's simple ... just a yes or no will do.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
So again, what is your point? You seem to be endorsing gay marriage ... OR are you just here to troll?

IF not, feel free to answer this question:

Is marital rape defensible?

It's simple ... just a yes or no will do.

no

Status
Not open for further replies.