Hurting People On TOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Here you go AMR this is what False Prophet said;

Is that what Paul said? with all malice? I don't think so.

Pride is enemy of Jesus, friend. You need to admit when you are wrong.

here is what Paul said:

It seems to make difference without "along".

Ephesians 4:31

Viewing the King James Version.

Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Ephesians 4:31

Viewing the King James Version.

Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

This is just yet another example of meshak's poor understanding of the english language and what Paul is saying in this verse.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
Should one, while posting on tol, be sensitive to the emotional fragility of others and post in such a manner as to be sensitive to their feelings?

and no, i'm not talking about deliberately picking at a sore spot, like a disability or loss in the other poster's past

i'm talking about the normal type of discourse that has been happening on tol for the past fourteen years, where those with bizarre beliefs and behaviors, resistant to gentle language and persuasion, persist in their nonsense

iow, is truthsmacking passe?

Can the motive to harm another in any way be inspired by love?

Sadly, some use 'truthsmacking' as a license for their own ego to act in ways unloving, rude and insulting. Only one truly spiritually mature and self-mastered can respond in a manner that is respectful, led by love and wisdom.

To grieve or hurt (demean/devalue) the spirit of another is sinful, in that it misses the mark or goal of love. In a constructive dialogue persons can share their views civilly and simply agree to disagree on some points, engaging respectfully. Once one crosses the line however into harming another...hurts need to be resolved and reconciled, whether harm was intended or not...that feeling of being demeaned must be addressed, clarified and forgiven.

Such is the challenge in a discussion forum...where we use the interface of language which is subject to so much interpretation, distortions in translation. Hence all the more to be more careful in thoughtfully considering what we write and how it could be interpreted before posting.

pj

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I see. Was difficult to distinguish that from your grammar.

That said, then when you say Paul's comment was insightful, how do you reconcile that with your "red letterism"?

AMR

I checked what the Bible said and it seems that one version said what false prophet said exactly. I thought he was being sarcastic.

My apologies.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I checked what the Bible said and it seems that one version said what false prophet said exactly. I thought he was being sarcastic.

My apologies.

OK. Thank you.

But back to my question. Given that you thought the comment made by Paul was insightful, how do you reconcile that with your "red letterism"?

AMR

elohiym

Can the motive to harm another in any way be inspired by love?

Yes, according to the scriptures it can.
God is a jealous God.

Once one crosses the line however into harming another...hurts need to be resolved and reconciled, whether harm was intended or not...that feeling of being demeaned must be addressed, clarified and forgiven.

Sometimes people reconcile by changing the subject, having a beer together, finding they had something greater in common, etc. They don't have to apologize because it's implied in the resumption of fellowship.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Where's the Bible say this?

God has communicated with many lost people throughout Scripture with the expectation they'd hear and understand Him...Adam, Eve, Cain, Saul, many others...all of them people whom the Word gives no indication were in any way enlightened or empowered by God to hear and understand Him when they otherwise couldn't. Ditto unbelievers today -- it appears God expects them to understand and believe the Gospel when they hear it and they're condemned if they do not. No indication, again, of God needing to enable them to hear and understand it first (much less to believe it).

Sure it would, if that were the case. But that's not the case. I feel very sorry for Meshak but have no illusions that she's a helpless victim here. SHE is the primary cause of the blinded condition she is is, by having refused to receive a love of the Truth, even after having it shared with her dozens of times (and that's just here on TOL...who knows what exposure to the Gospel she has in meatspace).

If that were true, you wouldn't have phrased this as cautiously and thoughtfully as you did. ;)

You are PROOF for you read "the natural man receiveth not the things of God neither can he for they are foolishness to him...they are spiritually discerned" but you don't understand it.

Jesus spoke perfectly clearly to His sheep but turned to the Pharisees and said "why do you not understand My speech?"

He said "you cain't understand because you are not My sheep. you are of your father the devil"

We know the Holy Spirit because He dwells with us and is in us, He anoints us to understand but the world neither knoweth Him nor receiveth Him.

Again He says "to you the great secrets of God hidden since the creation are revealed but to them it is in parables"

You have read scriptures like this all your Christian life...but though they are very plain you did not understand them.

Truster

I'm hurt by the lies that people write. I'm hurt that there are those that take the honour, glory and praise due The Saviour and place them at the feet of mankind.

Then I consider that He is glorified in their blindness and enevitable destruction and then I don't hurt anymore.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
OK. Thank you.

But back to my question. Given that you thought the comment made by Paul was insightful, how do you reconcile that with your "red letterism"?

AMR

I have been talking about overall message of Paul. Yes, he gives many good things especially about fruit of spirit, love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, self control and faithfulness. I like that verse the best about Paul's word.

He even speaks against all violent practice. You know I am anti-violent.

Regardless, we can learn those from Jesus' messages.

IMJerusha

I know some folks are going to think I'm a bit loopy here but Meshak has a point. I know, I know, I know.....don't say anything, okay?
We've got folks wanting to follow Paul and put Peter down and some don't want to consider James and some don't want to consider the Gospel books at all, taking everything solely from Acts on forward. I would have to ask AMR what exactly is wrong with going straight to our High Priest? It's the same question I ask Catholics and Jews. Why do we look to the writings of man without also looking to God and Yeshua?

"For I have been informed concerning you, my brethren, by Chloe's people, that there are quarrels among you. Now I mean this, that each one of you is saying, "I am of Paul," and "I of Apollos," and "I of Cephas," and "I of Christ." Has Christ been divided? Paul was not crucified for you, was he? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?" 1 Corinthians 1:11-13

We miss so much being hateful and divided; we scatter rather than gather and, according to Yeshua, that action is anti-Christ.

Folks say that TOL would be boring without the "seasoning" that exists here. But God addressed that through Paul who said, "Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe." 1 Corinthians 1 20-21

Is it not good to celebrate what we have in common and discuss our differences with a level of reasonable care? What good does it do any of us to call one another idiot, moron, stupid, fool and the list goes on ad nauseum? What good does it do our witness to Yeshua and isn't that witness supposed to be our first priority?

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
You need to know false prophet is users name, and read the whole thing what he said. He added to paul's word.

Your comment was hasty.
The users name is actually 'False Prophet'. If you had spelled it that way or put it in quotes you could have limited the confusion.

IMJerusha

No, she doesn't.
Meshak teaches that a lot of Paul's teachings are against Christ.

I didn't say that all of Meshak's points are correct, did I?
Did I not see you supporting a member who implied that Peter was against Christ? I think the word that member used was "snake".
It's a two way street that is bad for the faith.

glorydaz

You are PROOF for you read "the natural man receiveth not the things of God neither can he for they are foolishness to him...they are spiritually discerned" but you don't understand it.

Jesus spoke perfectly clearly to His sheep but turned to the Pharisees and said "why do you not understand My speech?"

He said "you cain't understand because you are not My sheep. you are of your father the devil"

We know the Holy Spirit because He dwells with us and is in us, He anoints us to understand but the world neither knoweth Him nor receiveth Him.

Again He says "to you the great secrets of God hidden since the creation are revealed but to them it is in parables"

You have read scriptures like this all your Christian life...but though they are very plain you did not understand them.

On the contrary, he doesn't reject them, he understands them and accepts all the verses that tell us to turn from idols to serve the living God....to believe....to come, etc. Those you choose to claim none can do willingly. The Jews were blinded for a time for a reason, but you like to think those verses apply to all men everywhere. That's not the case, in fact, it was done to make the Jews jealous when the gentiles heard the word of God. The Gospel, Tottie....you seem to forget about the Gospel.

glorydaz

I know some folks are going to think I'm a bit loopy here but Meshak has a point. I know, I know, I know.....don't say anything, okay?
We've got folks wanting to follow Paul and put Peter down and some don't want to consider James and some don't want to consider the Gospel books at all, taking everything solely from Acts on forward. I would have to ask AMR what exactly is wrong with going straight to our High Priest? It's the same question I ask Catholics and Jews. Why do we look to the writings of man without also looking to God and Yeshua?

Then you don't believe Paul's letters were written under inspiration of the Spirit of God?

IMJerusha

Then you don't believe Paul's letters were written under inspiration of the Spirit of God?

Yes, UNDER God, not in place of, not to be held above Yeshua and Paul was certainly no better than Peter or any of the disciples taught by Yeshua.

So, what is wrong with going straight to Yeshua? Nothing.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
On the contrary, he doesn't reject them, he understands them and accepts all the verses that tell us to turn from idols to serve the living God....to believe....to come, etc. Those you choose to claim none can do willingly. The Jews were blinded for a time for a reason, but you like to think those verses apply to all men everywhere. That's not the case, in fact, it was done to make the Jews jealous when the gentiles heard the word of God. The Gospel, Tottie....you seem to forget about the Gospel.

Are you saying then that Annas and Caiphas and Herod were saved or would be or will be?

Status
Not open for further replies.