Hurting People On TOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You need to know false prophet is users name, and read the whole thing what he said. He added to paul's word.

Your comment was hasty.

I see. Was difficult to distinguish that from your grammar.

That said, then when you say Paul's comment was insightful, how do you reconcile that with your "red letterism"?

AMR

elohiym

Gee, I guess that's why you spend you time giving me neg reps and calling me a demon and a pervert...

Perhaps it's because you follow me around the forum and make demonic false accusations about me, and have done that since late 2012. Remember when you promised me the following in December 2012?

From this moment on, because of your coniving and deceiving, I will be on you like a fly on crap...because that's what you are.

I wasn't being conniving and deceiving.
You were having a melt down because you thought I did something that I couldn't have possibly done (based on the post time stamp).
It was all in your imagination.
But that didn't stop you from harassing me ever since.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Perhaps it's because you follow me around the forum and make demonic false accusations about me, and have done that since late 2012. Remember when you promised me the following in December 2012?

I wasn't being conniving and deceiving.
You were having a melt down because you thought I did something that I couldn't have possibly done (based on the post time stamp).
It was all in your imagination.
But that didn't stop you from harassing me ever since.

They're NOT false! You're false!

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Please understand, I'm not interested in interacting with you at all.

and yet, you are compelled to make post after post to her, and flood her with neg reps

you appear to lack any control over your behavior to achieve that which you claim to desire

we have names for that in psych

here at tol, i believe it's called having a demon

or maybe just being an epic tard :idunno:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
and yet, you are compelled to make post after post to her, and flood her with neg reps

you appear to lack any control over your behavior to achieve that which you claim to desire

here at tol, i believe it's called having a demon

or maybe just being an epic tard :idunno:

ELO loves to call posters, demon possessed! He's fixated on it!

elohiym

Stop worshipping her, Res.
She has chased me around this forum harassing me for years, and has given me plenty of neg reps with nasty comments.
She was doing it when I wasn't giving anyone any neg reps, too.

You are the poster child for that statement.

Who's "we?"
You and and all the other "pre-med" drop outs? :chuckle:

bybee

Stop worshipping her, Res.
She has chased me around this forum harassing me for years, and has given me plenty of neg reps with nasty comments.
She was doing it when I wasn't giving anyone any neg reps, too.

You are the poster child for that statement.

Who's "we?"
You and and all the other "pre-med" drop outs? :chuckle:

He grasps at credentials like a wood tick after a hot dog!

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
i'm never bitter :idunno:

never wrathful :idunno:

never angry :idunno:

never clamourous :idunno:

never do that either :idunno:

and i never post with malice :idunno:
Never bitter, angry, clamourous?

NEVER EVER?

Must be a robot then. Or a faithful follower of Jesus.

BTW, I am W-A-Y too angry, bitter, etc,. at times. I guess at least I am aware of it and can often nip it in the bud.

I sometimes use humor in posting that is misunderstood and comes across to the reader as sarcastic or mocking. And I also just plain get angry and don't always figure out better more mature ways to communicate.

"Truthsmacking" is as toxic and dysfunctional as hitting our children, I believe. It's ABUSE. Plain and simple.

If I hurt someone with what I say or write, I immediately apologize, repent and try to make amends. Luckily I was not raised to keep twisting the knife when people get hurt by me. I stop. But that also means the other person has to be honest and let me know they are hurting.

Usually when people attack you and "hurt you back," they themselves are hurt and cannot be openly accountable for it.

I like honesty from others and--one way or another--I usually can get it.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
They are human beings and I stand by my statement. I think you are foolish to slander my parents.
It is an interesting idea to think someone is "slandering" when they point out the universal truth of human imperfection. I guess I am just surprised to hear that from YOU.

Tehmill

Here you go AMR this is what False Prophet said;

Is that what Paul said? with all malice? I don't think so.

Pride is enemy of Jesus, friend. You need to admit when you are wrong.

Why do you have malice against mainstreamers?

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Should one, while posting on tol, be sensitive to the emotional fragility of others and post in such a manner as to be sensitive to their feelings?

and no, i'm not talking about deliberately picking at a sore spot, like a disability or loss in the other poster's past

i'm talking about the normal type of discourse that has been happening on tol for the past fourteen years, where those with bizarre beliefs and behaviors, resistant to gentle language and persuasion, persist in their nonsense

iow, is truthsmacking passe?
I think TruthSmacking is needed, sometimes with a stern word too, but belligerent unkind remarks I do not think is needed or necessary.

If TruthSmacking becomes passe, then the mission of TOL has failed, and the redemption mission of the Church will have failed for the redemption mission requires absolute truth and TOL's TruthSmacking (without belligerence or unkindness) will become a watered down milk-toast forum.

I'm all for TruthSmacking with out belligerence and unkindness, yet a stern word may always be in order form Truth Smacking.

For myself I've always tried to be fair, encouraging for the good, and that bad ideas and theology should be dealt with in accordance with TOL rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.