ECT For those who think our actions dont matter

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've been arguing that we need to demonstrate love, that is what the whole thread is about. ????

Morality is not salvation. Provide me with evidence that you have moved from death to eternal life. That means you cannot lose it. That is the meaning of eternal, it is without end.

Jamie Gigliotti

Right. Now answer the question. I know what Paul said and you reject it.

Do you meet the standard of love that you set?
I don't consider myself to be perfect, but I press on, forgetting what is behind. I know full well when I hated, with His help I've let that go. My conscience is clear at the moment, but He is the judge not me. I love you Nick.

Jamie Gigliotti

Morality is not salvation. Provide me with evidence that you have moved from death to eternal life. That means you cannot lose it. That is the meaning of eternal, it is without end.

I'll provide the recipe to obtain eternal life.

"But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and it's end eternal life." Romans 6:22

HisServant

"But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and it's end eternal life." Romans 6:22

Those were spoken by Paul for a specific reason.

I believe Jesus over Paul... any day of the week when it comes how to get eternal life. Your hangup with sanctification is purely a Roman Catholic diversion.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't consider myself to be perfect

So you are prepared to go to hell without escape? The "Old Testament" has obvious foreshadowing. How many spots and blemishes are the bulls allowed to have? Or any sacrifice for that matter.

The standard is love according to you, and you fail by your own admission. You probably think you are good person. Even Kirk Cameron is smarter than you on this one.

The standard is God's law

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I believe Jesus over Paul... any day of the week when it comes how to get eternal life. Your hangup with sanctification is purely a Roman Catholic diversion.

1Th 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

LA

Cross Reference

1Th 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

LA

Then you are saying Paul never received from Jesus as Jesus purposed for him to convey to others. Whatever can your thinking be that would cause such insecurities in you?

Jamie Gigliotti

You also said, "it has nothing to do with love." Without His love we are nothing. We can't love truly, the uncondional, agape love without Him and His love. If we are able to love like Him, it by His love in us by grace.
Because of His love I have experienced I do feel obliged to share it. My duty if you will.

"I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them." John 17:26

Jesus was just as concerned about our sanctification.
"And for their sake I consecrate myself, that they also may be sanctified in truth...that they may all be one, just as you father are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me." John 17:19,21

Jamie Gigliotti

So you are prepared to go to hell without escape? The "Old Testament" has obvious foreshadowing. How many spots and blemishes are the bulls allowed to have? Or any sacrifice for that matter.

The standard is love according to you, and you fail by your own admission. You probably think you are good person. Even Kirk Cameron is smarter than you on this one.

The standard is God's law

Jesus set the standard.
"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." John 13:35

ZacharyB

"But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God,
the fruit you get leads to sanctification and it's end eternal life." Romans 6:22
Yes, actually it's all in Romans 6, which will be a focal point of an upcoming thread
about how it is expected of us, and very possible indeed, to overcome sin!
But, how many here will it be of any value?
For der are multitudes here who are totally deceived about many things!

Last edited:

Cross Reference

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent". . . . John 17:3 (KJV)

False Prophet

12 “Listen! I am coming soon! I will bring my reward with me, and I will repay each one of you for what you have done. Rev 22