ECT For those who think our actions dont matter

Jamie Gigliotti

Does anyone seriously think if you believe in Jesus your actions no longer have any eternal consequences? You can sin as much as your heart desires?

Last edited:

Jamie Gigliotti

That is the doctrine of MAD.

LA

Which seems to be the insanity that the mad hatters seems to do; a sin gradient thing. Obviously they have a line of actions they determine which disqualifies one from genuine faith, such as murderers actively murdering. Why not just see the standard Jesus set; love? And realize that love demonstrates genuine faith.

"By this all people will know that you are my diciples, if you have love for one another." John 13:35

For those who only listen to Paul.
"For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love." Galatians 5:6

revpete

If your heart still desires sin, I would question your relationship with God.

Paul's teaching is that believers should reckon themselves to be dead to sin, not that we are. Isn't temptation the desire to sin? Surely it's not giving in by the power of The Spirit is what counts! If you say that no Christian ever has any desire to sin I believe you are mistaken. However, if you constantly sin and have the opinion that God's grace covers presumptuous continuous sin, then I agree with you and then I would start to question my relationship with The Lord.

Pete 👤

Cross Reference

Paul's teaching is that believers should reckon themselves to be dead to sin, not that we are.

"should" is the operative word. Why don't they is my question?

Isn't temptation the desire to sin?

Not necessarily. Temptation is simply the desire put forth to me for my to exert my claim to my rights to himself. [self gratification/grandiose-ment]..If I submit, what can I expect the results to my heart to be if my claim of the new birth I believe I have received, is brought to my mind either before I submit or after I submit to temptation?

Surely it's not giving in by the power of The Spirit is what counts!

Based upon my above, You can see it would not be by the power of the Spirit, I give in but the power of my own spirit that I do. So where am I as far as being a new born in Christ is concerned?

If you say that no Christian ever has any desire to sin I believe you are mistaken. However, if you constantly sin and have the opinion that God's grace covers presumptuous continuous sin, then I agree with you and then I would start to question my relationship with The Lord.

Pete ��

Amen, Pete! That is all I have been trying to get across in my above remarks. When truly new born, one is a child of the King and whoever the loves, He chastises until we get it right for His use to speak from us as His son.

Jamie Gigliotti

Paul's teaching is that believers should reckon themselves to be dead to sin, not that we are. Isn't temptation the desire to sin? Surely it's not giving in by the power of The Spirit is what counts! If you say that no Christian ever has any desire to sin I believe you are mistaken. However, if you constantly sin and have the opinion that God's grace covers presumptuous continuous sin, then I agree with you and then I would start to question my relationship with The Lord.

Pete 👤
Temptation's goal is to bring about desire, lust, want... To bring anything above the Lord in our hearts...

Jamie Gigliotti

"should" is the operative word. Why don't they is my question?

Not necessarily. Temptation is simply the desire put forth to me for my to exert my claim to my rights to himself. [self gratification/grandiose-ment]..If I submit, what can I expect the results to my heart to be if my claim of the new birth I believe I have received, is brought to my mind either before I submit or after I submit to temptation?

Based upon my above, You can see it would not be by the power of the Spirit, I give in but the power of my own spirit that I do. So where am I as far as being a new born in Christ is concerned?

Amen, Pete! That is all I have been trying to get across in my above remarks. When truly new born, one is a child of the King and whoever the loves, He chastises until we get it right for His use to speak from us as His son.

To bring glory to name Jesus and our Father by His light shining through us in everything we say and do. In Jesus name, Amen!

ZacharyB

Does anyone seriously think if you believe in Jesus your actions no longer
have any eternal consequences? You can sin as much as your heart desires?
Come on ...
Do you really want to talk just about "eternal consequences"?
Do you want to talk about eternal life, or rewards, or both?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You can sin as much as your heart desires?

Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? Knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. For he who has died has been freed from sin. Reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord. And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.

Jamie Gigliotti

Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? Knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. For he who has died has been freed from sin. Reckon yourselves to be dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord. And having been set free from sin, you became slaves of righteousness.

So we agree on something Nick. Awesome! Faith in Christ= dead to sin, slave to righteousness.

Of course it matters what we do. The question is why do we do what we do? Is what we do based on our faith in Christ?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Of course it matters what we do. The question is why do we do what we do? Is what we do based on our faith in Christ?

You are not saved by your faith. Faith being allegiance to a duty. This is why the wolves in sheeps clothing use the word with two different meanings.

You would be saved by the faith of Christ. He went to the cross, you didn't.

Last edited:

glorydaz

Does anyone seriously think if you believe in Jesus your actions no longer have any eternal consequences? You can sin as much as your heart desires?

If your heart desires sin you'd best examine yourself whether you be in the faith.

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
None of my sins will be held against me.
The cross has removed the penalty for sin. The Holy Spirit is responsible to deal with the presence of sin.

God is the lifter of my sinfull head. Who's yours?

False Prophet

[ People Know You by Your Words ] “If you want good fruit, you must make the tree good. If your tree is not good, it will have bad fruit. A tree is known by the kind of fruit it produces. Matt 12:33

Jamie Gigliotti

You are not saved by your faith. Faith being allegiance to a duty. This is why the wolves in sheeps clothing use the word with two different meanings.

You would be saved the faith of Christ. He went to the cross, you didn't.

Yes to move us to live for Him.
Is that what you are doing?
"and He died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for Him who died and was raised." 2 Corinthians 5:15

The wolves encourage others to live for Christ?