ECT For those who think our actions dont matter

Cross Reference

"He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still. And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star". . . . . . Revelation 22:11-16 (KJV)

Interesting that in that there is made no distinction between the Christian and the unbeliever, the godly or the ungodly, by Jesus.

ZacharyB

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God,
and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent".
. . . John 17:3 (KJV)
SURE! ... But, one has to understand ...
What does it really mean to "know" Them.

I recommend that those interested ...
check all of the "knowing" verses to find out.

P.S. I dealt with one Muslim leader who told me that this was
the one verse that really troubled him about Christianity (re: the Trinity).

Cross Reference

SURE! ... But, one has to understand ...
What does it really mean to "know" Them.

I recommend that those interested ...
check all of the "knowing" verses to find out.

P.S. I dealt with one Muslim leader who told me that this was
the one verse that really troubled him about Christianity (re: the Trinity).

The definition of "knowing" anyone hasn't changed. In the scriptures is the consummation of marriage. Therefore, intimacy is inferred, absent physical union.. "In-to-me-He-sees" and "In-to- Him-I-see". It works both ways between God and any man who desires a relationship with Him by Christ Jesus. It is a process that is desired; the evidence of the new birth from above. . . . And that is the way Jesus intended His words spoken here John 17:3 (KJV), to be taken.

Jamie Gigliotti

Yes, actually it's all in Romans 6, which will be a focal point of an upcoming thread
about how it is expected of us, and very possible indeed, to overcome sin!
But, how many here will it be of any value?
For dere are multitudes here who are totally deceived about many things!
Romans seems to be totally misunderstood by many as Peter warned about Paul's writings.
Remember all we can do is plant seeds. God makes them grow.

Jamie Gigliotti

The definition of "knowing" anyone hasn't changed. In the scriptures is the consummation of marriage. Therefore, intimacy is inferred, absent physical union.. "In-to-me-He-sees" and "In-to- Him-I-see". It works both ways between God and any man who desires a relationship with Him by Christ Jesus. It is a process that is desired; the evidence of the new birth from above. . . . And that is the way Jesus intended His words spoken here John 17:3 (KJV), to be taken.
It is a very intimate up close and personal thing, fellowship. Knowing Him is knowing His love, it is powerful, transforming.

ZacharyB

(Cross Reference) what kind of a nut are you?
CR, I know you're a senior citizen ...
and it appears that you have become somewhat senile ...
so, please don't post any more ... because ...
you are responsible before the Lord for what you write!
It is not the Lord's will that you bring any spirit of confusion ...
which surely will be a hindrance, especially to baby Christians!

Cross Reference

CR, I know you're a senior citizen ...
and it appears that you have become somewhat senile ...
so, please don't post any more ... because ...
you are responsible before the Lord for what you write!
It is not the Lord's will that you bring any spirit of confusion ...
which surely will be a hindrance, especially to baby Christians!

Show me where you believe I need correcting? What words leave you criticizing me instead of asking for clarification?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
1Th 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

LA

Then you are saying Paul never received from Jesus as Jesus purposed for him to convey to others. Whatever can your thinking be that would cause such insecurities in you?

Show me where you believe I need correcting? What words leave you criticizing me instead of asking for clarification?

LA