ECT For those who think our actions dont matter

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Paul described perfectly a life turning to Jesus. The key is a heart turning more and more to Jesus and more and more away from sin. God will judge if we have done this.

"not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith--that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and may share in His sufferings, becoming like him in His death, that by any means possible I may obtain the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained all this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me His own. Brothers I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lie behind and straining forward to what lies ahead.I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." Phiilipians 3:9-14

"In fact, I do not even judge myself...it is the Lord who judges me." 1 Corinthians 4:3-4

It is one thing to deliberately sin and using Grace as a licence to sin, and seeking to sin less and less because of our love realtionship with Christ and His desire for us.

those who say they are saved
are
actually judging themselves

HisServant

So what?? I know and have known a lot hypocrite Christians. I was one a one time and probably still am because of yet to be unsurrendered life to Christ. So what part of what LA wrote is from a wrong understanding, irrespective of your observations of how you and others like you might chose to live your lives in Christ and excuse it away as being something all true Christians do?

OMT: Your last line is a lie unless you maybe know only one person.

The more people squawk and preach this nonsense the greater the sin they are trying to hide.

Ive seen it again and again... your actions are way more important than your self importance.

Jamie Gigliotti

So then you meet that standard?

Since you won't tell us if not murdering will make him righteous.

"We know that we have passed out of death into life because we love the brothers. Whoever does not abide in love abides in death. Everyone who hates his brother is a muderer, and you know that no muderer has eternal life in him." 1 John 3:14-15

Love displays His righteousness. If we say I love perfectly, it would seem most assuredly we are full of pride as and deceived. I know I can love better, and with my turning to Him more and more He will show me the way.

Again Jesus knows our hearts, He knows if we want be on board with His sanctifyimg work, or if we want to do what we want.

Cross Reference

A timely word:

November 18th

Winning into freedom

"If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed."
John 8:36.

"If there is any remnant of individual conceit left, it always says—‘I can’t.’ Personality never says—‘I can’t,’ but simply absorbs and absorbs. Personality always wants more and more. It is the way we are built. We are designed with a great capacity for God; and sin and our individuality are the things that keep us from getting at God. God delivers us from sin: we have to deliver ourselves from individuality, i.e., to present our natural life to God and sacrifice it until it is transformed into a spiritual life by obedience.

God does not pay any attention to our natural individuality in the development of our spiritual life. His order runs right across the natural life, and we have to see that we aid and abet God, not stand against Him and say—‘I can’t do that.’ God will not discipline us, we must discipline ourselves.God will not bring every thought and imagination into captivity; we have to do it. Do not say—‘O Lord, I suffer from wandering thoughts.’ Don’t suffer from wandering thoughts. Stop listening to the tyranny of your individuality, and get emancipated out into personality.

“If the Son shall make you free, …” Do not substitute ‘Saviour’ for ‘Son.’ The Saviour set us free from sin; this is the freedom of being set free by the Son. It is what Paul means in Gal. 2:20—“I have been crucified with Christ,” [I now live by HIS faith (KJV)] his natural individuality has been broken and his personality united with his Lord, not merged but united; “ye shall be free indeed,” free in essence, free from the inside. We will insist on energy, instead of being energized into identification with Jesus." [emphasis mine]

Chambers, O. (1986). My utmost for his highest: Selections for the year. Grand Rapids, MI: Oswald Chambers Publications; Marshall Pickering.

This is the work we must do given us from the scriptures.

Jamie Gigliotti

Nice story.... but thats all it is. Definitely not the christian life.

Ive watched every single person who says what you do end up committing the worse sins imaginable... god show the world what hypocrites they are and to just walk away from the likes of you...
I have no problem admitting I have not arrived, I admit my failures, but that in no way takes away our responsibility to press on for what God desires for us. Repenting, submitting to God in increasing measure. What disgrace to blood of Christ to say He died for us to ingratiate ourselves, sin.

Cross Reference

I have no problem admitting I have not arrived, I admit my failures, but that in no way takes away our responsibility to press on for what God desires for us. Repenting, submitting to God in increasing measure. What disgrace to blood of Christ to say He died for us to ingratiate ourselves, sin.

It is a condemning disgrace!

Jamie Gigliotti

The more people squawk and preach this nonsense the greater the sin they are trying to hide.

Ive seen it again and again... your actions are way more important than your self importance.
Is anyone in their right mind gonna teach their children to sin? Our course not (sadly some do); Why would we advocate harm in their lives? God is the same way, His love and Grace are meant to teach us to stop sinning for our own good and others.

Our actions demonstrate our faith, our love relationship with the Lord.

Jamie Gigliotti

A timely word:

November 18th

Winning into freedom

"If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed."
John 8:36.

"If there is any remnant of individual conceit left, it always says—‘I can’t.’ Personality never says—‘I can’t,’ but simply absorbs and absorbs. Personality always wants more and more. It is the way we are built. We are designed with a great capacity for God; and sin and our individuality are the things that keep us from getting at God. God delivers us from sin: we have to deliver ourselves from individuality, i.e., to present our natural life to God and sacrifice it until it is transformed into a spiritual life by obedience.

God does not pay any attention to our natural individuality in the development of our spiritual life. His order runs right across the natural life, and we have to see that we aid and abet God, not stand against Him and say—‘I can’t do that.’ God will not discipline us, we must discipline ourselves.God will not bring every thought and imagination into captivity; we have to do it. Do not say—‘O Lord, I suffer from wandering thoughts.’ Don’t suffer from wandering thoughts. Stop listening to the tyranny of your individuality, and get emancipated out into personality.

“If the Son shall make you free, …” Do not substitute ‘Saviour’ for ‘Son.’ The Saviour set us free from sin; this is the freedom of being set free by the Son. It is what Paul means in Gal. 2:20—“I have been crucified with Christ,” [I now live by HIS faith (KJV)] his natural individuality has been broken and his personality united with his Lord, not merged but united; “ye shall be free indeed,” free in essence, free from the inside. We will insist on energy, instead of being energized into identification with Jesus." [emphasis mine]

Chambers, O. (1986). My utmost for his highest: Selections for the year. Grand Rapids, MI: Oswald Chambers Publications; Marshall Pickering.

This is the work we must do given us from the scriptures.

Very well said. Thank you for sharing that!

Cross Reference

Very well said. Thank you for sharing that!

There are many good writings that explain and/or enlarge our thinking when reading our Bible. "On Being a Theologian of the Cross" is yet another one to cherish along with the "Complete Works of Oswald Chambers" now in a free PDF file offered up.

HisServant

Is anyone in their right mind gonna teach their children to sin? Our course not (sadly some do); Why would we advocate harm in their lives? God is the same way, His love and Grace are meant to teach us to stop sinning for our own good and others.

Our actions demonstrate our faith, our love relationship with the Lord.

Did I ever say we should teach them to sin?... NO.

But beware of any teacher that says to do this or do that and creates their own definition of sin.... because they teach in error because they have a board in their own eye.

Instead of teaching about sin, (what we should not do), we should be teaching about what we should be doing, in our christian and non christian communities.... because those who's hands are busy helping others have no time for sins and temptations that arise due to idleness.

And that is the problem with Christianity in general these days... we are so concerned about ourselves that we do not help others... we use our sin and other issues as an excuse (I need to take care of myself first)... And because we ignore others, God allows us to succumb to our own sins.. to teach us.

Jesus said that the dead will bury themselves... we need to treat sin in the same way, if we truly follow Christ, our past sins will take care of themselves and will no longer be of consequence.

ZacharyB

... all protestant clergy that are totally self absorbed with their flocks
that the are of no use to the people that need them the most.
Sorry, but the travelling evangelists who I hear on Internet
radio say that today's American pastors are in a total slumber!
They surely are self-absorbed in making sure they pay down
their mortgages ... and those of their staff members.
Come out from amongst them, and start getting serious in a
Christian home group who are dedicated to copying the NT church!

Jamie Gigliotti

Did I ever say we should teach them to sin?... NO.

But beware of any teacher that says to do this or do that and creates their own definition of sin.... because they teach in error because they have a board in their own eye.

Instead of teaching about sin, (what we should not do), we should be teaching about what we should be doing, in our christian and non christian communities.... because those who's hands are busy helping others have no time for sins and temptations that arise due to idleness.

And that is the problem with Christianity in general these days... we are so concerned about ourselves that we do not help others... we use our sin and other issues as an excuse (I need to take care of myself first)... And because we ignore others, God allows us to succumb to our own sins.. to teach us.

Jesus said that the dead will bury themselves... we need to treat sin in the same way, if we truly follow Christ, our past sins will take care of themselves and will no longer be of consequence.
What I see in the New Testament and from my experiences is to encourage personal faith and dependence on God and His love through the Holy Spirit and Jesus; and encourage them to reflect that in community with other followers and to the lost broken world God loves.

Jamie Gigliotti

Sorry, but the travelling evangelists who I hear on Internet
radio say that today's American pastors are in a total slumber!
They surely are self-absorbed in making sure they pay down
their mortgages ... and those of their staff members.
Come out from amongst them, and start getting serious in a
Christian home group who are dedicated to copying the NT church!

There are churches that are based around the small group/ cell group/ house church philosophy.

HisServant

What I see in the New Testament and from my experiences is to encourage personal faith and dependence on God and His love through the Holy Spirit and Jesus; and encourage them to reflect that in community with other followers and to the lost broken world God loves.

How you treat the poor and needy...the children.. how you take care of widows in their need... is how Jesus will judge you when you appear before him.

Get our of your comfort zone and follow Jesus' teaching for once.

Your Christianity is so turned inwardly that it's of no use to anyone.... which is exactly what Satan desires.

ZacharyB

How you treat the poor and needy...the children..
how you take care of widows in their need...
is how Jesus will judge you when you appear before him
Just a heads-up ...
Perhaps the major teaching about this is in Matthew 25,
but this passage applies to Jesus judging the nations only.

Jamie Gigliotti

How you treat the poor and needy...the children.. how you take care of widows in their need... is how Jesus will judge you when you appear before him.

Get our of your comfort zone and follow Jesus' teaching for once.

Your Christianity is so turned inwardly that it's of no use to anyone.... which is exactly what Satan desires.

I've been arguing that we need to demonstrate love, that is what the whole thread is about. ????