For Knight, a TOL-A-Thon suggestion.

For Knight, a TOL-A-Thon suggestion.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Breathe

She just told you...well, I did anyway. She wants to be on par, to act and say anything without bearing a mark for it. Not complicated really.

True.

Of course they don't. :plain: Get it out....get it all out. :eek:

It would be, but when you peel away the self serving crap there's just a self serving crap stain left.

If she cared about that sort of thing she wouldn't be here making this thread or the ones like it and wouldn't need to.

Shhhhh. :D
Well, I have tried to give her the benefit of the doubt, but it's starting to look like you might be right.

Don't get a swelled head - I said might. :plain:

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I haven't seen anyone offer other suggestions for the TOL-a-Thon. Surely somebody can come up with a few good ideas.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I haven't seen anyone offer other suggestions for the TOL-a-Thon. Surely somebody can come up with a few good ideas.
The best one is the one that has always been.
TOL will cease to exist if the bills are not paid.

And because of that, TOL has been around a lot of years.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Well, I have tried to give her the benefit of the doubt, but it's starting to look like you might be right.
It helps if you stop squinting at her.

Don't get a swelled head
That barn is in ashes, but I appreciate the effort. :D

- I said might. :plain:
Every journey of worth begins with a step. :think: Or Traveler's Checks.

Ideas? How about we buy bannings? Ten dollars for ten days, provided we can get a greater number in favor of the banning. Else, it's just a kick in. So a poll would be involved.

Tam has it right though.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Ideas? How about we buy bannings? Ten dollars for ten days, provided we can get a greater number in favor of the banning. Else, it's just a kick in. So a poll would be involved.
Well that is at least one idea but I think your pricing model should be improved. At that rate I could be banned for a year for 365 dollars. Shirley I am worth more than that. :idunno:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight shall speak for himself but, I find it highly unlikely that his purpose in creating this Web page was so that posters could collect positive reps.
We have here, an opportunity to engage in meaningful dialogue about our religious beliefs, our faith or lack thereof.

Your obsession with demanding to be given that which you have not earned is very telling.
When Knight changed the rep scheme I lost a ton of points which I had earned from my peers on here.
It wasn't personal and I didn't take it that way.
This is a place wherein one may be a "party of one" yet still partake of the opportunity for fellowship and goodwill and loyalty to one another.
The squeaky wheel gets the grease, and it isn't always positive grease either.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I think the ability to give more reps in a 24 hour period (like an additional 5) would be a good subscriber benefit if one is needed tied to reps.

Then no one is buying their rep count.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Knight shall speak for himself but, I find it highly unlikely that his purpose in creating this Web page was so that posters could collect positive reps.
We have here, an opportunity to engage in meaningful dialogue about our religious beliefs, our faith or lack thereof.

Your obsession with demanding to be given that which you have not earned is very telling.
When Knight changed the rep scheme I lost a ton of points which I had earned from my peers on here.
It wasn't personal and I didn't take it that way.
This is a place wherein one may be a "party of one" yet still partake of the opportunity for fellowship and goodwill and loyalty to one another.

:thumb:

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Oh boy!
Yet another thread about Eeset's reputation.

What does this make now since she initially said she didnt care about reps... about 10 or more? Hard to keep up since she deletes her threads later when people point to them...

Arthur Brain

The squeaky wheel gets the grease, and it isn't always positive grease either.

True enough but let's not kid ourselves that scores like yours are due to regular use of the rep system either. You haven't 'earned' the total score you have, though that's not to say you haven't earned respect. ;)

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Neither do I covet anyone's Rep Power.

Your words and actions say otherwise.

What I have been consistent in saying is simply that the rep system is unbalanced. That is why I would applaud Knight if he tossed the points part out. I agree that comments should remain.
While I wouldn't care if we had rep points or not, I would care if one whiny person managed to make that happen all by herself. I really, really hope that wouldn't happen.

You see as it stands right now certain people like Tambora send me no comment but just a highly penalizing neg rep once, twice and even sometimes thrice a day. I find nothing constructive about getting 50 points off my tally when the comment is a punctuation mark (.) and if I send her back a comment it costs her 2 or 3 points. Can you understand that I am tired of drinking from a separate water fountain and sitting in the back of the bus?
Now, instead of saying you're being gang-raped if you're negged, (thereby trivializing the actual horrific crime of gang rape in the process), you're comparing yourself to a person of color in the pre civil rights era, thereby trivializing the very real bigotry endured by millions who would look with disgust at your rep comparison to their actual struggle and hardship.

Here is another example. Town will send me a high scoring neg rep if I dare to compliment Jack because Town thinks I sought to harm him or hurt him previously with some comment about his family. That is a southern lynch mentality. It is a perfect example of "Alabama thinking" where they arrested black men for looking at white women. Attempting to use power to play at being a moderator is abuse.
You deserved it. Yep. I said it. Because a neg rep isn't a lynching, your feeble comparison notwithstanding. And you've told this story how many times now? I've lost track.

But as I stated above this thread was never intended to be a platform for discussing the minuses and pluses of Rep Power. It got turned into that by those who want to impute some devious intention to a simple fund raising suggestion. I suspect that if Knight had come up with the idea he would have received high fives all around.
The first sentence of your OP was about rep power. How dumb do you think we are?

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
What does this make now since she initially said she didnt care about reps... about 10 or more? Hard to keep up since she deletes her threads later when people point to them...
Good to see you back making your wonderful uplifting posts.

Now, what brilliant fund raising ideas have you come up with?

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Good to see you back making your wonderful uplifting posts.

Now, what brilliant fund raising ideas have you come up with?

This would be laughable if what A4T said wasn't true.

For someone who doesn't care about her rep, you sure complain about it a lot. And, then, when someone calls you on it, you delete your threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.