Far Better To Build Immune System than Count on Vaccines

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Should the covid shot come with a warning like cigarette packs do? What do we say to those who do get sick from the covid shot, 'Suck it up, most people don't get sick?'
The people at far greater risk are those who choose not to get the vaccine.

You really have no idea how to properly assess risk, do you?

Or was this a lie too?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I don't have any respect for medicines built on the dead bodies of human babies
I have yet to be able to confirm this rumor that it seems was concocted to scare people away from the J&J vaccine.

I wonder who might have had a motive to spread such a rumor? (Most here are stupid and so let me tell you plainly - that was a rhetorical question.)

Whether its true or not, it only applies to the J&J version of the vaccine.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Jesus is coming back.
Very true but Christians have been saying that since Paul first preached the Gospel of Grace.

Not only that but the Bible predicts the total destruction of the richest nation on earth just before He does.
No it doesn't.

I'm not worried about democrats.
You damn well ought to be worried about them! You're worried about these almost perfectly safe vaccines but don't lose a wink of sleep about the people who would outlaw your religion if they could.

I grieve for the suffering of people around the world because of the devil and his deluded followers.
Suffering that is far far less than it would be if not for the United States of America in general and in not for these vaccines in particular.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I can see you don't know many people in the military.
You're a fool.

I was in the military. My entire mission was to train privates! I know exactly what they are trained to do, how they are trained to do it and why they are trained that way. The vast vast majority of military personnel are not special operators who are given the authority to decide when, where and whether to pull the trigger and even special operators almost always have to get clearance to either engage an enemy or abort a mission. Military people obey orders.

Do you know how instantly the military can cut off communications to soldiers from outside? The boots on the ground wouldn't even have to be told who it was that was "attacking U.S. interests" or what it was they had done or why they had done it. The Captain flying the bombing mission isn't going to go and confirm the details even if he is told and if they asked for more details, he'd be told to shut up and to do his duty, which is to obey the orders given to him by his superior officers. What he's going to do is exactly what he's been trained to do and if he fails to do so then he will be made an example of.

While a big majority of military personnel would vote on the Republican side of the ticket, that does not mean that the vast majority of them would disobey orders. Which is not to say that there wouldn't be lots of deserters if a civil war broke out but the point is that it isn't a slam dunk that the military would take the right side of the conflict. Not even close. If you think otherwise, it is you who don't know many military people nor the power that higher ups in the military have to control their troops.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Well, as a matter of fact I do have other reasons. I've gotten COVID, didn't have a severe case, and now I have some natural immunity. I also object to the vaccines on the grounds that they used a cell line from an aborted baby for testing.
I don't mean to ignore your entire post but I can't help someone who is scared of something that might happen even in the face of the fact there is no evidence that any such risk exists. You are, in effect, asking me to prove a negative which I'm not interested in attempting. It wouldn't move you an inch, if I did.

As for the aborted baby rumor. There's good reason to believe its just a rumor started to undermine the J&J vaccine. But IF its true, it is only true of the J&J vaccine.

benben

I don't mean to ignore your entire post but I can't help someone who is scared of something that might happen even in the face of the fact there is no evidence that any such risk exists. You are, in effect, asking me to prove a negative which I'm not interested in attempting. It wouldn't move you an inch, if I did.
Then you understand why I see no need for me to get the vaccine.

As for the aborted baby rumor. There's good reason to believe its just a rumor started to undermine the J&J vaccine. But IF its true, it is only true of the J&J vaccine.
The information about the use of aborted baby cell lines comes directly from the companies that used them: BNT, Moderna, and J&J. It's all of them, not just J&J. And that "rumor" sounds like a conspiracy theory.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
@Clete (not directed solely at you, but figured I'd tag you, as you were involved in the discussion regarding something similar)

I don't want to watch the video because then the stupid YouTube algorithm will be trying to show me similar videos for months. Can you bottom line the video for me?

Intuitively (i.e. having not watched the video), I'd say that people should not comply with Biden's mandate. The mandate is, by itself, a really good reason to NOT get the vaccine. As I've said throughout, people who don't want to get the vaccines for rational reasons are fine by me. It's the fear mongering, conspiracy theories and lies that piss me off.

I would also say that anyone who is surprised by this mandate isn't paying attention to what's going on around them and that if there weren't people spreading misinformation about the so called dangers of these vaccines, this mandate may not have ever happened. Living in fear always plays right into the hands of the totalitarians among us.

Clete

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
It was only a pandemic because effective treatment was demonized.
Not so. Not even close to being the case in anything remotely resembling reality.

Since the conspiracy theorists were right on that, it makes other conspiracies about the same people look like they should get a serious look.
So because because a broken clock is right twice a day, you can trust the broken clock! Is that really what you think?

And they are the same people that are pushing the vaccine like mad-men.
I've never suggested that anyone should trust the government and so what the left wants neither refutes my position nor is it even relevant to the issue of whether these vaccines are safe and effective.

BTW, what do you think about Biden's "our patience is wearing thin" comment. Doesn't that sound ominous to you?
Of course it does. Biden is a want-to-be tyrant. Elections have consequences.

If you want to refuse to get the vaccine as an act of civil disobedience then have at it. Just be prepared to deal with the consequences because there will be consequences. Ever thought that you suffering those consequences is the left's real agenda?

Clete

marke

The people at far greater risk are those who choose not to get the vaccine.

You really have no idea how to properly assess risk, do you?

Or was this a lie too?
Thousands of fully vaccinated Americans are in hospitals right now with covid. Don't deny the truth.

marke

I have yet to be able to confirm this rumor that it seems was concocted to scare people away from the J&J vaccine.

I wonder who might have had a motive to spread such a rumor? (Most here are stupid and so let me tell you plainly - that was a rhetorical question.)

Whether its true or not, it only applies to the J&J version of the vaccine.
You will find that practically no modern covid vaccine was developed without using fetal tissues at some point along the way.

marke

Very true but Christians have been saying that since Paul first preached the Gospel of Grace.

2 Peter 3:3-5

King James Version

3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

marke

You're a fool.

I was in the military. My entire mission was to train privates! I know exactly what they are trained to do, how they are trained to do it and why they are trained that way. The vast vast majority of military personnel are not special operators who are given the authority to decide when, where and whether to pull the trigger and even special operators almost always have to get clearance to either engage an enemy or abort a mission. Military people obey orders.

Do you know how instantly the military can cut off communications to soldiers from outside? The boots on the ground wouldn't even have to be told who it was that was "attacking U.S. interests" or what it was they had done or why they had done it. The Captain flying the bombing mission isn't going to go and confirm the details even if he is told and if they asked for more details, he'd be told to shut up and to do his duty, which is to obey the orders given to him by his superior officers. What he's going to do is exactly what he's been trained to do and if he fails to do so then he will be made an example of.

While a big majority of military personnel would vote on the Republican side of the ticket, that does not mean that the vast majority of them would disobey orders. Which is not to say that there wouldn't be lots of deserters if a civil war broke out but the point is that it isn't a slam dunk that the military would take the right side of the conflict. Not even close. If you think otherwise, it is you who don't know many military people nor the power that higher ups in the military have to control their troops.
Our modern military is very different from the one I served in before the Vietnam War ended. Our military leaders have become promoters of perversions and insanity in order to please their corrupt civilian bosses.

marke

If you knew anything about how modern covid vaccines have been made you would know that there is hardly a single one that did not use fetal tissues in their development.