CULT Threads ...

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
The actual purpose of this thread was to point out the problem with CULT threads.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, not that kind. Continuously Updated Locked Threads.
A cult is nothing more than a blog represented as something its not.
On a discussion forum they are abusive.
Well it is a feature of Gold membership. Why do you suppose it is a feature if it is to never be used? I can see how it could be intended to only be used to close threads a member no longer wishes to wax on about, but that caveat is missing in the feature list. If it is an issue, management can tighten up the meaning of the feature or just let mods deal with any negative unintended consequences of the use of the feature. In TH's case, whom I assume is your target, using the feature eliminates plenty of distracting posts from the intended purpose of his thread.

AMR

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Well it is a feature of Gold membership. Why do you suppose it is a feature if it is to never be used? I can see how it could be intended to only be used to close threads a member no longer wishes to wax on about, but that caveat is missing in the feature list. If it is an issue, management can tighten up the meaning of the feature or just let mods deal with any negative unintended consequences of the use of the feature. In TH's case, whom I assume is your target, using the feature eliminates plenty of distracting posts from the intended purpose of his thread.

AMR
You mistake his intended purpose.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
he laid out the intended purpose of his thread in the op :idunno:

he forgot to put in "except for those icky people i don't like"

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No, not that kind. Continuously Updated Locked Threads.
A cult is nothing more than a blog represented as something its not.
On a discussion forum they are abusive.

Looks like Eeset thinks that someone is stealing her thunder. Are you feeling just a little bit neglected, hun?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
he laid out the intended purpose of his thread in the op :idunno:

he forgot to put in "except for those icky people i don't like"
I actually encouraged people keeping the intent of the thread. You and Eeset got rep and no problem from me when you weren't trolling.

But then that wasn't your purpose, so when you realized that wasn't going to accomplish what you wanted the faux gazettes with misdirects and toenail discussions started and after noting, asking and even penalizing to no real impact and reticent to keep dragging mods into it, I said, "No more from you" and I locked you out.

Shouldn't matter. You have thread after thread to write about how loathsome lawyers are and I am and post divisive, incendiary nonsense to draw people to your depth or to speak to the joy you arrive at contemplating suffering, demeaning people with disabilities by trading on a word fashioned to shame them and deriving its impact from their belittling.

And you can post scripture beneath all that like wrapping dead fish in something holy, a hundred times a day if you like. But it isn't enough. It galls you, because I won't let it feed that obsessive need of yours, because there's one thread where you can't ply that malicious, corrupted nonsense.

Well, learn to live with it, because whether I'm here a week from now or a year, you're done there except by the rare reference and I hope not much of that. So far so good.

And Eeset? She still hasn't produced those easy quotes where she's talking about other people and other threads, which continues to be the funniest thing going here...or the saddest.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

The actual purpose of this thread was to point out the problem with CULT threads.

AMR

You mistake his intended purpose.

No, the purpose of this thread was to seek attention for yourself.

Looks like Eeset thinks that someone is stealing her thunder. Are you feeling just a little bit neglected, hun?

So Eeset ... was this thread everything you'd hoped for?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
oh, let it be a week :)
You must have missed this part:
Shouldn't matter. You have thread after thread to write about how loathsome lawyers are and I am and post divisive, incendiary nonsense to draw people to your depth or to speak to the joy you arrive at contemplating suffering, demeaning people with disabilities by trading on a word fashioned to shame them and deriving its impact from their belittling.

And you can post scripture beneath all that like wrapping dead fish in something holy, a hundred times a day if you like.

And Eeset? She still hasn't produced those easy quotes where she's talking about other people and other threads, which continues to be the funniest thing going here...or the saddest.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
it was amusing watching anna and town furiously pm'ing each other

coordinating strategy, i suppose, or just trashtalking :idunno:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's amusing that Town and Anna have so much control over you that you sit around watching ... and waiting for them to PM.

Disturbed much?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
it was amusing watching anna and town furiously pm'ing each other
I've actually sent her three PMs since last Monday.

So it's a wonder my fingers aren't broken from the fury of that effort. :plain:

coordinating strategy,
You think responding to you and zip and Trad and Eeset (leaving off the bench players of CW and her shadow) would require that? Well that's almost charming.

i suppose, or just trashtalking :idunno:
With sizzling titles like: pleasantly surprised and hmmm. So you can only imagine...apparently. :)