CULT Threads ...

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
No, but I suppose I'd be within rights if it mattered. Nice approach though...a novel way to attempt a one sided bit of defamation. :)

That said, don't let me stop you from that ol thread about Res and his locked cult of a thread. :nono:
Oh gosh, you must have thought this thread was about you. I don't see your name in the title.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Oh gosh, you must have thought this thread was about you. I don't see your name in the title.
:D

This is where I'd go back and pull out the mostly singular complaints on the point aimed at me and Quixote's...but that would be as pointless as stopping to prove to folks that Kinko's makes copies. :plain:

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
:D

This is where I'd go back and pull out the mostly singular complaints on the point aimed at me and Quixote's...but that would be as pointless as stopping to prove to folks that Kinko's makes copies. :plain:
All bluster. I never mentioned your thread. I think you tripped over your ego again.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
Please note that the OP speaks to threads. For those who are mentally challenged that is the plural of thread.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
All bluster. I never mentioned your thread. I think you tripped over your ego again.
Ah, another of your favorites:
It has been ages since I posted to my diary. I see even a simple question causes berserk behavior by Mr. Ego. So predictable. :)

So you made it general to invite without declaring so you could do this if I happened to actually make a point of it. I suppose that's nearly clever in some circles. :idunno:

Else, it was hard to miss the inference given where you tend to aim that complaint:
Town always locks his thread to prevent comment. Here is what he said. Comment at your leisure...

Oh bother...I was going to respond to a thread and it got locked down.
I noted it was my thread and that time you were more honest about the bait:
You are most welcome. I had, however, intended to compliment you. :idunno:

There are more, but that's enough (either).

Or maybe not:

Went to post a simple reply in the [thread I can't let go of, that I made the inferential father of this very thread in title and with regard to a common note about my writing].
You're welcome.
Oops, it was locked down. Why is that not surprising?
Probably because I posted that I was locking it down to keep Sod from spamming it and you read that a week or so ago and have already made this sort of comment.

...Speaking of that I notice the tabloid lord has locked his thread again.

That's just from your Quixote's knock off.

In Quixote's, when I tried to leave it open a flood of nasty, misdirection and the odd:

July 7th, 2013, 10:36 PM
No lock tonight?
So there's your history. You're just not an honest person when it comes right down to it.

Last edited:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Remember how she never whined, sniffled or falsely accused and lied about others over being booted from the Women's Group?
hehe! It's such a hoot to watch most of the messes she starts backfire on her!

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
CULT authors are compelled to attempt to derail with comments such as yours (Town). But the fact remains that you and a few others abuse the concept of dialogue. Pointing fingers at me doesn't address the issue. You operate a CULT thread.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
CULT authors are compelled to attempt to derail with comments such as yours (Town). But the fact remains that you and a few others abuse the concept of dialogue. Pointing fingers at me doesn't address the issue. You operate a CULT thread.
I forget how you like to misuse words. Like when you compared getting a neg rep to rape. :rolleyes:

Quixote's is, these days, essentially a digest, a link to other threads via bits of serious and humorous interactions mostly between me and others. Given the threads are ongoing it doesn't really make sense to use it as a parallel, but it is a good window.

And now and then I add the odd bit of humor or graphic not owed to anything else. That, when I'm posting actively, can generate upwards of four or five thousand views any given month. Fewer when the posts are down and I'm occupied elsewhere...When I had to close the thing to keep you and sod and sky from spamming I got a lot of comments, but all in support.

Knight's said he liked the thread. A number of my friends and, apparently a larger number of people I may not be more than passingly acquainted with like it too. That in itself is a success and if it gets people to click on other threads they might have missed, even ones where the dominant theme is taking a swing at me, then I count it a TOL public service.

How's your version going?

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I forget how you like to misuse words. Like when you compared getting a neg rep to rape. :rolleyes:

Quixote's is, these days, essentially a digest, a link to other threads via bits of serious and humorous interactions mostly between me and others. Given the threads are ongoing it doesn't really make sense to use it as a parallel, but it is a good window.

And now and then I add the odd bit of humor or graphic not owed to anything else. That, when I'm posting actively, can generate upwards of four or five thousand views any given month. Fewer when the posts are down and I'm occupied elsewhere...When I had to close the thing to keep you and sod and sky from spamming I got a lot of comments, but all in support.

Knight's said he liked the thread. A number of my friends and, apparently a larger number of people I may not be more than passingly acquainted with like it too. That in itself is a success and if it gets people to click on other threads they might have missed, even ones where the dominant theme is taking a swing at me, then I count it a TOL public service.

How's your version going?
Wow. Now that is what I call a heap of rationalization. I have no locked threads that I update. When I lock a thread I am either done with it or the lock is temporary. You can't claim the same.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wow. Now that is what I call a heap of rationalization. I have no locked threads that I update. When I lock a thread I am either done with it or the lock is temporary. You can't claim the same.

You do realize that the mod's are deleting threads and it is/was within their discretion to allow TH's thread to stay?

You should really do a thread about it. Perhaps a call out thread. We don't have enough of those.

bybee

Now you have identified the difference. I only temporarily close threads. My skin is not so thin that I can't handle your caustic blathering.

Now Eeset, you start a thread like this what do you expect?
And I don't even know how to play the harp!
However I do sing a true alto!

Last edited:

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
I agree that it's rational and that it accurately portrays both your behavior and the reason I ultimately decided to forgo having to draw mods into it ever day.

Gosh, who said that you did? No one. No one said that. That's just your way of trying do get around those quotes that put the lie to your set up and ego declaration.

Those are by and large the two choices. :rolleyes: And I opened it when you two weren't around and I was. But then people were mostly reading and not commenting so it was too much of a hassle in the short run. Maybe one of these days something will change. That would be lovely.

Sure I can, supra. But let's get back to the actual purpose of this thread, which was taking a distorted cheap shot at me then pretending you weren't. It should be a simple matter for you to produce a number of complaints by you about other people locking threads. I mean, I produced a number of your directly aiming that at me from one thread.

I'll wait while you never do that. :)
I have to applaud you for this exemplary display of ego.