Covid Vaccination: I'm getting my first dose on Thursday

Hilltrot

At the end of the video, the reporter Sara Sidner, who visited 10 hospitals for this report, breaks down in tears, overwhelmed by what she's seen.

Those who can stay home, or can work from home, should know they're enjoying a privilege that millions of people who have to keep working outside the home, don't enjoy. They have to work in constant contact with opportunistic virus conditions. These communities - of people of color, of people who struggle financially, the ones on the front lines.. can't you wear a mask for them. If only.

Leftists are excellent actors. That's why they own Hollywood.

Marty Fix

chair

Just got my second dose.

Here's some photos of the local drive through vaccination center. The first one is the drive in area. The second one is the waiting area- you wait 15 minutes before going home, in case you have an allergic reaction.

This is in the parking lot of a sports stadium.

Covid vac 1.jpg

Covid vac 2.jpg

eider

It never got off the ground in Taiwan.
Here., and in most of the world, it is a huge problem. Unless you stick your head in the sand and pretend it is all lies.
Yep..... Taiwan has been fortunate so far.

Our Hospitals in Kent Uk are over-run, our morgues are full and our ambulance service is being supported by Fire Brigade personnel vehicles and charity ambulances.

And it is nothing compared to what may come....... Stats have got slightly better in the last couple of days, I think, but have a look at these reports below. I am over 70 and won't get a vaccine jab until late Februiary, I reckon.

Temporary morgue set up in north Kent for Covid-19 bodies ...www.newsshopper.co.uk › news › 19010994.temporar...
2 hours ago — A large temporary mortuary has been set up in north Kent to store bodies as the Covid-19 death toll rises.

Temporary mortuaries in south-east England needed to cope ...www.theguardian.com › uk-news › jan › bodies-stored-...
3 days ago — Surrey hospital morgues now full as Kent facility offers 950 spaces and extra ... morgue is being built in London as a rising death toll from Covid ...

Temporary morgue set up in Aylesford to relieve pressure on ...www.kentonline.co.uk › maidstone › news › bodies-of-...
3 days ago — Temporary morgue set up in Aylesford to relieve pressure on hospital mortuaries as Covid-19 deaths rise. Kent Travel News · News alertsSign me ...

Temporary morgues set up as UK hospitals run out ... - Reuterswww.reuters.com › health-coronavirus-britain-morgue
2 days ago — British authorities have had to set up a temporary morgues in some areas ... out of space due to a surge in deaths caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. ... up or are being set up in London and Kent, also in southeast England.

Huge pop-up morgue set up for coronavirus victims as ...www.kentlive.news › ... › Kent County Council
3 days ago — Sign up to FREE email alerts from KentLive - Daily ... A huge temporary morgue has opened in Aylesford as the number of people dying from ...

East Kent Hospitals Trust's Covid-19 death rate 'highest in ...www.kentonline.co.uk › canterbury › news › the-kent-...
31 Dec 2020 — More people are dying with coronavirus in a Kent hospitals trust than anywhere else in England, new figures reveal.

Latest information on the Coronavirus - Maidstone and ...www.mtw.nhs.uk › 2020/12 › latest-information-on-the...
23 Dec 2020 — Our hospital is very busy and we expect that to continue over the coming weeks. The NHS across Kent and Medway is working together to ...

expos4ever

Hey eider and chair: it is indeed disheartening to see how so many people are caught up in this odd, highly toxic melange of Trumpism and conspiracy-thinking. In more innocent times, we could shrug our shoulders and be thankful that while other people have the right to believe nonsense, those of us who actually live on planet Earth do not need to get dragged down by it - so what if other people believe the earth is flat, or that it is only 6000 years old?

Unfortunately, the current situation is one where what these people believe can indeed materially affect the lives of reasonable people in a substantial way (Trumpism poses a substantive threat to reasonable people as does Covid denial). So we need to be pragmatic and consider the long game - those who have lustily drunk the kool-aid to the dregs are almost certainly irredeemable; therefore, we should focus our efforts on those who are peeking over the fence at this grotesque carnival of lunacy and thinking "maybe I will give it a whirl". I also take comfort in what I believe is a very reasonable belief that, in the long run, human culture tends to move in a positive direction. Yes, there are spasms of stupidity but, on the whole, reason does indeed win the day.

Hilltrot

Yep..... Taiwan has been fortunate so far.

Our Hospitals in Kent Uk are over-run, our morgues are full and our ambulance service is being supported by Fire Brigade personnel vehicles and charity ambulances.

And it is nothing compared to what may come....... Stats have got slightly better in the last couple of days, I think, but have a look at these reports below. I am over 70 and won't get a vaccine jab until late Februiary, I reckon.

Temporary morgue set up in north Kent for Covid-19 bodies ...www.newsshopper.co.uk › news › 19010994.temporar...
2 hours ago — A large temporary mortuary has been set up in north Kent to store bodies as the Covid-19 death toll rises.

Temporary mortuaries in south-east England needed to cope ...www.theguardian.com › uk-news › jan › bodies-stored-...
3 days ago — Surrey hospital morgues now full as Kent facility offers 950 spaces and extra ... morgue is being built in London as a rising death toll from Covid ...

Temporary morgue set up in Aylesford to relieve pressure on ...www.kentonline.co.uk › maidstone › news › bodies-of-...
3 days ago — Temporary morgue set up in Aylesford to relieve pressure on hospital mortuaries as Covid-19 deaths rise. Kent Travel News · News alertsSign me ...

Temporary morgues set up as UK hospitals run out ... - Reuterswww.reuters.com › health-coronavirus-britain-morgue
2 days ago — British authorities have had to set up a temporary morgues in some areas ... out of space due to a surge in deaths caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. ... up or are being set up in London and Kent, also in southeast England.

Huge pop-up morgue set up for coronavirus victims as ...www.kentlive.news › ... › Kent County Council
3 days ago — Sign up to FREE email alerts from KentLive - Daily ... A huge temporary morgue has opened in Aylesford as the number of people dying from ...

East Kent Hospitals Trust's Covid-19 death rate 'highest in ...www.kentonline.co.uk › canterbury › news › the-kent-...
31 Dec 2020 — More people are dying with coronavirus in a Kent hospitals trust than anywhere else in England, new figures reveal.

Latest information on the Coronavirus - Maidstone and ...www.mtw.nhs.uk › 2020/12 › latest-information-on-the...
23 Dec 2020 — Our hospital is very busy and we expect that to continue over the coming weeks. The NHS across Kent and Medway is working together to ...
So what you're saying is that lockdowns and mask mandates don't work.

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Where are these places that got better by themselves?
Is there any place that didn't have lockdowns? Their death rates look pretty much the same as any other place. I actually took the time to get the death number data from worldometer everyday for a long time, even though the same data is available from conservative sources. Did you take the time or are you interested in the truth? This is also true of mask mandates.

So you tell me, where there any places that didn't have lockdowns?

Did you know the WHO reported the obvious that lockdowns make the poor poorer? Being well read I know you did. But did you also know that it's been just as obvious that when economies go down that people die? https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/22/world/africa/coronavirus-hunger-crisis.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage And they don't just die of hunger in poor countries, but even rich countries see an uptick in deaths from all other causes that is consistent with the rate of a falling economy.

So, "got better" includes not just saving lives by not dying of COVID, but also saving even more lives by not locking down. And we know this is true because there was no excess deaths in 2020 due to COVID.
Nobody claims that lockdowns are good. They are horrible for the economy, and people don't go out to get their normal medical care. They are a necessary evil- and one that can be avoided by proper management of the epidemic. See Taiwan, for example. Now, if you think that COVID 19 is not a big deal- just another round of the flu, then the necessary evil looks like an unnecessary evil.

Now if your statement " Here is a fact for you - lockdowns killed, and would kill in the future if they are tried, more people than the disease" was in fact true then maybe your logic would be correct. I say maybe, because what you really want to compare is:
1. A world without lockdowns or masks, or contact tracing- but widespread deadly disease (yes, I know you deny this)
2. A world with lockdowns etc., and less disease.
1. You'll have to be more clear on my position. I think COVID, and every yearly flu, is a widespread deadly disease. So that makes no sense at all and you'll have to try again to make the point you are trying to get at.

2. A world with lockdowns has already been shown to kill more people than COVID so what is it you want me to compare again?
You are assuming that in case 1, life would go on as normal. Nobody would be afraid to go the doctor, or eat in a restaurant. This is a false assumption. Of course- since you pretend that COVID is just a bad case of the flu...
Bad cases of the flu are deadly. What are you going on about?

Yes, obviously if people were to go on like normal it is a good assumption that this season would play out like all the others in the entire past.
In short- alternate facts, alternate conclusions.
Alternate facts? No, just you ignoring evidence from sources you would normally trust because they don't fit your narrative. You'll uphold what the WHO says except when they show you the cure is worse than the disease.

In other words, it's not a matter of "alternate facts, alternate conclusions", it's a matter of I look at all the facts and you dismiss facts that don't fit your narrative so you come to bad conclusions.
I suspect that if you lived in a place where there were more sick people, you'd see things differently.
You don't think I live on the earth? And if you think the earth is too big to see, let me tell you about this thing called the internet.

So, no, obviously, even if I were in a place like NY where they kill grandmas to score political points I wouldn't want to see more death because of lockdowns and mask mandates.

Last edited:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Anyone who believes that Taiwan was not affected by the virus in much the same way that every other nation was is a moron.

chair

Anyone who believes that Taiwan was not affected by the virus in much the same way that every other nation was is a moron.
Ah, another gentleman who think calling people 'moron' or 'retard' is a logical argument.

Would you like to compare Taiwan with some other country for our edification. Say- Taiwan and the UK?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ah, another gentleman who think calling people 'moron' or 'retard' is a logical argument.

You're a special kind of stupid today, huh?

Would you like to compare Taiwan with some other country for our edification. Say- Taiwan and the UK?
Is reading your second language?

Viruses aren't magic. This one has swept the world. If you think it avoided Taiwan, I want to hear how.

Last edited:

chair

You're a special kind of stupid today, huh?

Is reading your second language?

Viruses aren't magic. This one has swept the world. If you think it avoided Taiwan, I want to hear how.
It didn't 'avoid' Taiwan. Taiwan closed it's borders very early and was very careful about tracking people.

I gather you have a different idea about what happened. Pray explain.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It didn't 'avoid' Taiwan. Taiwan closed it's borders very early and was very careful about tracking people.
And yet it still arrived. There was a pilot walking around with it for two days before the state tracked him down.

I gather you have a different idea about what happened. Pray explain.
Hold on, sunshine. You're the one who thinks that the virus somehow did not spread much here. You "pray explain."

chair

And yet it still arrived. There was a pilot walking around with it for two days before the state tracked him down.

Hold on, sunshine. You're the one who thinks that the virus somehow did not spread much here. You "pray explain."
It did not spread much there. Fact. How many cases have there been in Taiwan? How many deaths?
Very few, compared to most countries

You are concerned because a single pilot walked around with it for a few days? Yes- that is bad- but that is not what is happening in most countries.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It did not spread much there. Fact.

Because you say so?

Because the virus is scared of Taiwanese?

How many cases have there been in Taiwan? How many deaths?

No idea.

Very few, compared to most countries
Because you looked at a few raw numbers? Did you examine the testing regimes in place? The definitions of what constitutes a "case"? The conditions on which the government would require a test?

You are concerned because a single pilot walked around with it for a few days? Yes- that is bad- but that is not what is happening in most countries.
I wasn't concerned. I was making a point. Apparently you missed it.