• No, but I want to get one

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • No, cell phones are of the devil. :)

Votes: 8 13.1%

• Total voters

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
I just heard that song live last weekend. A bar band we like always plays it. My wife's co-worker, Jenny, was even there.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Maybe he can revitalize his career by selling 'Tommy RingTones' to cell phone users! :idea:

:guitar:

fool

Hall of Fame
When I worked at a garage as a teenager back in the late 80s they sold "car phones", which quickly progressed to "bag phones", when I started running constuction jobs in the early 90s I was issued a pager that didn't have a screen, when I tell people that they ask me "how did you know who to call?" :rotfl: You called the person who gave it to you! then the bosses decided that calling the office was no good and I got a pager that they could send me which of the numbers they wanted me to call them at (usually their "portable")which wasen't quite a cell phone yet. then things took off and they got smaller and cheaper, and for a while I had a pager and a cell, when the pager went off you would try to find a land line or a pay phone, and if you couldn't you'd fire up the cell. then it was all cell for a while, then they made them so they were walkie talkies and cell phones and that changed the way business was done. Whoever answered an alert first might wind up with the lucretive job. Now I have a job where my orders come to my cell in a text messege and I contact my clients on the cell, confer with my suppliers, place orders, and generally conduct all business on the phone while driving down the freeway talking on the phone. It sucks. My wifes friend stopped by and showed off her new blue tooth thingy, you clip this thing on your ear and tell it "call office" and it says "calling office" and it calls! I have no idea how it works but it works. I want a computer in my truck that talks to me like on Star Trek, I figure that should only take a couple years.

fool

Hall of Fame
fool said:
I want a computer in my truck that talks to me like on Star Trek, I figure that should only take a couple years.
That's how I found this place.
I went to my Google bar and asked it "Does God Exist?"

elohiym

Knight said:
Do you have a cell phone?

If so why? If not why not?

How do you use your cell phone?

What service do you have? What type of cell phone do you have? What do you like about your service and cell phone and what do you dislike about it?
I have a prepaid cell phone in the glove compartment of the truck for emergencies. That's it. I don't use a cell phone, or give out a cell phone number, as part of my daily life. My feeling is that they may be harmful to our health if used too much, or used at the wrong time (like while driving).

Frankly, I wouldn't care if they discontinued cell phone service and removed all the cell towers. I can take 'em or leave 'em, but I'll use 'em sparingly while they're available.

Big Mouth Nana

Cells phones are handy incase you break down somewhere. It beats walking to the nearest phone booth. I DO think that they are dangerous while driving, as I have almost gotten rear ended a few times with some brain dead person chatting away with their cell to their ear.

Evee

I have a cell phone but I never drive and talk.
I need to concentrate down here in my part of the country, you never know what is going to come flying over in your lane.
I definitely think they should take the cell phones or beer away while driving...or both.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I have a phone. My wife has a phone. As do two of my kids.

We really find them to be a great help when we are at different ice rinks on the weekends.

I have a Sony Ericsson z530 (or something like that). The Sony has the best reception I have ever had (I normally buy Nokia's).

I have Cingular which I like except for they charge .10 for every text message that you get or send which really stinks!

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
I like cell phone. It's a Motorola V180. My daughter has one too. Really great because I don't have to "be" anywhere for family and friends to get in touch.

Also have had some interesting wrong numbers. :darwinsm: