Votes: 8 13.1%

• Total voters

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you have a cell phone?

If so why? If not why not?

How do you use your cell phone?

What service do you have? What type of cell phone do you have? What do you like about your service and cell phone and what do you dislike about it?

Lucky

Hall of Fame
I voted of the devil because I do not have one nor do I want one. From my observations, they are just another burden. And for those rare emergency situations, it is good to know my survival skills do not require having a cell.

Now for those that use them, practice good etiquette and I do not mind at all.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
I HATE cell phones!!!! :madmad:

They don't work half the time and they are a nuisance every time they ring when I'm in the middle of something. I only use one for work, and very few people have the number because I hate to be bothered. If they want to talk to me they can call the office and leave a message, I'll get back to them.

And I really hate the idea of cell phones with cameras, video recorders, tape recorders and GPS units on them. I just want a cell phone that works, not all that other crap!

And I hate when people use cell phones while they are driving and it causes them to stop paying attention to what they are doing!

:sozo2:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
And I HATE when I am talking with someone, their cell phone rings and they walk away from our conversation in favor of answering their stupid phone! :madmad:

swanca99

I have one...WHY is a long story.

I use it mostly at work, although I am not required to have it for work.

I have Sprint. It's OK.

I hate cell phones in general. When I was in retail sales, most customers would allow themselves to be interrupted by their cell phone ringing. Then they'd wonder why I had moved on to another customer while they were having their conversation.

I think they contribute to society's rudeness - or maybe it would be more accurate to say that their overuse is a manifestation of society's rudeness.

"Never his mind on WHERE HE WAS...WHAT HE WAS DOING!" - Yoda (out of context, of course)

Shalom

I LOVE my cell phone. I have unlimited local minutes, no long distance charge, and unlimited long distance. I am one of those annoying people who drives and talks all the time. :D I have GSM so I could even call my family using my cell from Israel. :thumb:

Sozo

I don't have a cell.

The reason they are called cell phones is because they make you a prisoner. They should call computers cell writers!

Anyone who talks on their cell in their car should be put in a cell with 300 pound homo.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Shalom said:
I LOVE my cell phone. I have unlimited local minutes, no long distance charge, and unlimited long distance. I am one of those annoying people who drives and talks all the time. :D I have GSM so I could even call my family using my cell from Israel. :thumb:

Why don't you ever call ME? :sozo2:

Shalom

Sozo said:
Anyone who talks on their cell in their car should be put in a cell with 300 pound homo.

You mean I'm going to get put into a cell with you..........just for talking on my cell while driving?

:chuckle:

Just kiddin Sozo :p

Sozo

Shalom said:
You mean I'm going to get put into a cell with you..........just for talking on my cell while driving?

Just kiddin Sozo :p

Me too :noid:

Sozo

Shalom said:
Sooo the Billy Bob I've been talking to on the phone with from Arkansas isn't you?

DOH!!!!

You can dial just about any 7 #s in the state of Arkansas and reach somebody name BillyBob.

philosophizer

I have one and my wife has one. The are our main phones. We don't have a land line. When we moved to Iowa we were staying with relatives for a while and we needed our own phone numbers. When we moved into our place we just never got a line hooked up. Our plan is very reasonable: free incoming calls, free nights and weekends, 1500 daytime minutes. So they're pretty much like a land line to us anyways. We have great coverage. The only annoying thing is when I forget to charge it.

I do hate the way some people treat and use their own cell phones though.

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Land phones sound 10 times better than cell phones! Did I mention how much I hate cell phones? :madmad:

The one redeeming feature of cell phones is free national long distance.

Otherwise, I dislike them and frequently ignore my own cell when it rings, unless I know I need to take the call.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
BillyBob said:
Land phones sound 10 times better than cell phones!
Yep, but that could change if the cell phone industry chokes off the landline industry. Hopefully that won't happen.