• Yes I have one

Votes: 28 45.9%
  • No, but I want to get one

Votes: 3 4.9%
  • No, cell phones are of the devil. :)

Votes: 8 13.1%

• Total voters

Lostinspace

Four cell phones here. Mine is for work (required, I travel alot in the summer with work) My wife has one, hers is more for keeping Mom and Dad happy, My Daughters both have them for insane amouts of dribble with their friends. We have Cricket that has zero limitations other than coverage. I shut mine OFF in restaraunts or leave it in the car as well as meetings, dr office appts etc. my wife however keeps hers on 24/7 in case of emergency with kids or family. Talking while driving....I try not to unless it is on the highway in a snowstorm with ice packed roads....

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I do not have a working cell phone.

I'd love to have one but I just can't justify the cost. I can't believe how ubiquitous they are given the ridiculous price they want for them.

Evee

There is now available phones you can buy and then buy minute cards.
No contracts just have to buy minutes, this could work for people who just use ocassionally.

ShadowMaid

Evee said:
There is now available phones you can buy and then buy minute cards.
No contracts just have to buy minutes, this could work for people who just use ocassionally.

Ah, but in some cases, you must consistently buy more minutes before the experation date. Otherwise when you sign up again, you get a different number. A bit of a pain.

Evee

ShadowMaid said:
Ah, but in some cases, you must consistently buy more minutes before the experation date. Otherwise when you sign up again, you get a different number. A bit of a pain.
Oh should have know there was a catch.
My contract is about up and I was considering.
Thanks, I guess I will stick with what I have.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
The pay as you go plans are usually not a good deal. You buy the phone outright and then supposedly pay for minutes in advance and don't have to pay any more until the minutes you've paid for run out. The problem is that the minutes have to be used within a certain amount of time or else they disapear. The bottom line is that if you hardly ever use the phone, you'll still end up paying about $25.00 a month and more than that if you actually use the phone on any sort of regular basis.

That may not sound like much to some people but for no more than I really need a cell phone, which is not at all, it's just not worth it.

Evee

Does anyone know of a better service than cingular?
Verizon is entirely to expensive.
I do like the roll over minutes cingular provides.

wholearmor

We have 5 cell phones on our plan with Qwest. 1800 daytime minutes. 3000 night time (7-7) and weekend minutes. $119.99 per month plus voice mail and text messaging. The price is about doubled with the taxes (not really, but the taxes are definitely high for these things). The users are my wife and I, our son and daughter, and our grandchildren's mother. We all text each other mostly but still call each other quite a bit for various reasons. I like the "free" long distance and since Qwest hooked up with Sprint, we have a lot less roaming areas around the country now. I have an 800 number that routes to my cell phone when my mom in Iowa wants to speak with me. There have been many, many times we've been glad we had a cell phone with us. Also, it's nice just knowing it's there. People were idots while driving before cell phones so I don't think the use of cell phones while driving has affected the safety of the roadways that much. I also have a separate cell phone for my job and it's indispensible to my productivity.

MrsHowWeird

My husband and my daughter and I all have cell phones. Since our work situations keep my husband and me both away from phones at work, I like knowing that my daughter can reach me any time if there's an emergency. When she's home alone, I like knowing she can reach us.