• No, cell phones are of the devil. :)

Votes: 8 13.1%

• Total voters

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I voted that they are "of the devil" because I can't get a cell signal where I live. I live about two miles from the nearest cell tower. But, because my house is in a dip in the landscape, we can't get a signal.

One Eyed Jack

A friend of mine gave me a cell phone once, but I've never bothered getting it connected or anything. It's just sitting there in my living room.

koban

BillyBob said:
I went deep into Quebec last year on a fishing trip, those people barely speak any English and God knows I don't speak French. Ordering food was an adventure, and I still don't know what I said to that cop that made him throw me in jail for 2 nights. Isn't 'Frog' a compliment? :freak:

I think my system is still fushing out the cholesterol from an order of poutine I had that weekend. Extra grease, please! :freak:

koban

kmoney said:
:noway: Wow, I'd be so mad. I would have just broke the window rather than deal with all that. :chuckle:

Nope.

I had made it 300 miles without a breakdown and was facing a weekend of luxurious wining and dining on somebody elses dime, hanging out with buds I don't get to see often enough.

And all I had to do was hang out and do what I would have been doing down home for fun anyways. :chuckle:

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
BillyBob said:
I went deep into Quebec last year on a fishing trip, those people barely speak any English and God knows I don't speak French. Ordering food was an adventure, and I still don't know what I said to that cop that made him throw me in jail for 2 nights. Isn't 'Frog' a compliment? :freak:
:darwinsm:

http://allaboutfrogs.org/weird/general/frenchfrogs.html

I have a cell phone. I did like the " ... of the devil ..." choice ( :chuckle: ), but I picked the "I have ..." Primarily it's so my LB can catch me on the road for emergencies like "We don't have no milk." My daughter can call me also with emergencies like, "Hey, Dad, I know where you can get that DVD you want."

Actually, it has been very useful while I'm on the road, out and about. I like toys and gadgets.

On Fire

Do you have a cell phone? Yes

If so why? If not why not? Emergencies and convenience.

How do you use your cell phone? See above.

What service do you have? Cingular.

What type of cell phone do you have? Nokia 6102

What do you like about your service and cell phone and what do you dislike about it? Service is always great. Never a dropped call. Nokia makes great phones (plus they're from Finland and my wife's family is Finnish). Buttons are a bit small. Speaker phone works well. It's small and has a cool blue glow. :patrol:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Knight said:
Do you have a cell phone?

If so why? If not why not?

How do you use your cell phone?

What service do you have? What type of cell phone do you have? What do you like about your service and cell phone and what do you dislike about it?

Yup.

Convenience more than anything.

Sparingly!

I have Verizon and a co-branded LG/Verizon phone. Good service, cheap, reliable. No complaints.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
death2impiety said:
Out of reach is just a power button away ;)

That's the other thing, it seems whenever I try to call someone on their stupid cell phone, it always goes to voice mail...

People are so available today that they are mostly unavailable.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Knight said:
Do you have a cell phone?

Yes :)

If so why? If not why not?

I like the security of being able to get help when I need it.

How do you use your cell phone?

As little as possible :)

What service do you have?

Cingular :(

Thinking about swapping to Nextel when my contract expires.

What type of cell phone do you have?

Motorola V400 :(

I wanna Firefly :D I miss my Nokia 5100 series.

What do you like about your service and cell phone and what do you dislike about it?

Service: I dislike that Cingular has merged with AT&T. I do like my cheap rate plan.
Phone: I dislike flip phones. I do like the camera.

On Fire

koban said:
I think my system is still fushing out the cholesterol from an order of poutine I had that weekend. Extra grease, please! :freak:
In its simplest incarnation poutine is composed of fresh French fried potatoes topped with good old-fashioned Quebecois cheese curd and dark chicken gravy, but the exotic innovations of lard-lovers know no bounds of creativity.

:vomit: