Anger at mass Muslim rapes = mass Muslim rapes, IF NOT WORSE

glorydaz

And just what sort of understanding are you using ---- monkey understanding????

As opposed to your humanist understanding of this topic?

If you want to keep going this way, Tam, I'd rather just address those who are not claiming to be my friend.

Why are you trying so hard to reason that all evil is for our own good?

Because I believe what the Bible tells me. Pretty simple.

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.​

And not only for those who are called according to His purpose, but those who are being called to TURN to God. When unbelievers see that their bad behavior has bad consequences , they are more apt to turn to God when the going gets tough. They see that evil results in bad things. Their conscience is awakened through sowing and reaping. They call on God in their need....when they reach those lowest points. Reaping what we sow is one of the best tools God has to draw men to Himself. It's a godly principle you're arguing against, Tam....not me. I didn't make this stuff up.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
As opposed to your humanist understanding of this topic?
Again, what sort of understanding are you using if not your HUMAN understanding????

If you want to keep going this way, Tam, I'd rather just address those who are not claiming to be my friend.
Go right ahead.
I'm going to keep going this way on this issue.

Because I believe what the Bible tells me. Pretty simple.

Romans 8:28
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.​
Then I ask again, why try to stop any of it?

It's a godly principle you're arguing against, Tam....not me.
I could say the same to you.
ALL things happen for our good, but you still try to stop some things from happening.
Something ain't adding up.

glorydaz

I'm wondering if you do.
You seem to think that anything you do, or anyone else does is God's will or else they couldn't have done it.
Perilously close to Calvinism.

Nope. Personal responsibility is the point you keep missing. We are able to choose and we must choose rightly in order to avoid being chastened....right here on earth.

God allows us to suffer ....for our growth....for our ability to comfort others....in order that we be conformed into the image of the Son.

We are chastened by a loving Father, Tam....that means being disciplined for our faults....and being exercised thereby. He is doing His work in us. Yes, we are disciplined when we need it, and thank the Lord He does so.

Heb. 12:5-11
And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth. If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not? But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons. Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.​

1PeaceMaker

The wages of sin has nothing to do with reaping what we sow in this life.

Romans 7:9 KJV: For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

Good grief.....raping God. Go home, little girl, you have no business here.

So it only applies to food and prison visits but not to rape?

ClimateSanity

Romans 7:9 KJV: For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

So it only applies to food and prison visits but not to rape?

Your not explaining anything. It appears you are picking verses out of context and giving them a meaning so foreign to the original as to rewrite the bible in your image.

ClimateSanity

I'm wondering if you do.
You seem to think that anything you do, or anyone else does is God's will or else they couldn't have done it.
Perilously close to Calvinism.

God let's the world go on without interference most of the time. He is not currently running the show right now. That's why Jesus prayed that Gods will be done on earth as it is in heaven. He prayed that because it isn't going on right now.

ClimateSanity

Again, what sort of understanding are you using if not your HUMAN understanding????

Go right ahead.

ALL things happen for our good, but you still try to stop some things from happening.

We try to stop it because we are his agents in this world. He uses us to exercise his will on this earth. If we don't do his will, it doesn't get done.

glorydaz

I'm going by what the Bible teaches.

Go right ahead.

Yes, and it's called donkeying down. ;)

For the same reason I keep preaching the Gospel. Because it's the right thing to do. I let God worry about the results.

I trust God to work all things for good....even when I try and fail to prevent something bad...even when I stop what I can and fail to stop what I can't.

What's not adding up is why some people fail to see that God's ways are not man's ways. That He works in ways we can't explain, and have no answers for until after the deed is done or many years after the doing of the deed.

Here I am believing scripture...that all things work together for good, and here you are asking me why I'm not fighting against that truth. Why are you doing that, Tam? Are you so invested in proving me wrong that you're willing to claim the verse is wrong?

You remind me of those who say that God must not want to save everyone since everyone is not saved.

ClimateSanity

Someone messaged me privately about 1 Corinthians 15:25. This verse was selected out of context to give the incorrect understanding.

then comes the end, when He hands over the kingdom to the God and Father, when He has abolished all rule and all authority and power. 25For He must reign until He has put all His enemies under His feet. 26The last enemy that will be abolished is death.

He left off verse 24. All rule and power and authority is not abolished until the end. This means someone other than God has some rule, power and authority on earth. This is why not all of Gods will is currently being done on earth.

elohiym

To stir up hatred of whole groups based upon the actions of a few of its members is evil, wrong and should be opposed by all right thinking people.

If a group of immigrants have religious beliefs that allow them to do what those few have done, wouldn't you scrutinize them for having those religious beliefs before you allowed them to reside in your country? The Quran and Hadith seem to endorse this kind of conduct, and based upon the passages I've read, I need to be concerned that anyone who claims to believe the Quran and Hadith are a threat to the safety of my wife and daughters who are less than cattle according to them. Should I assume most Muslims don't believe what is written in the Quran and Hadith?

elohiym

Your not explaining anything. It appears you are picking verses out of context and giving them a meaning so foreign to the original as to rewrite the bible in your image.

Ironic. You're the one claiming that Satan is the god of this world and that Christ isn't reigning.

elohiym

2 Corinthians 4:4 KJV

Wrongly assumed to be about Satan, and easily proved to be about God by John 12:40.

"He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them."

That "He" is clearly God Almighty, who is the God of this world. Just because some translator used a lower case "g" in the Corinthians passage doesn't prove that Satan is a god with the power to blind, especially in light of John 12:40.

- Ephesians 2:2 KJV -

Nothing about Satan ruling the world.

John 12:31 KJV -

Proves Satan has been cast out and isn't ruling the world presently. Christ is reigning presently, as it is written, until all his enemies are made his footstool.

:e4e: