Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
My number 1 favorite poster.....

Grandma Lucy!! :Clete:

marhig

Even though we can still read a man's words and know whether or not he is a heretic (or a rabble-rouser).

:)
Ah, I try and see the good in people and I hope that all believe and get to know God and the love of Christ, then speak the truth, be there for them and let God do the judging. And i believe that God gives us a mouth to speak, so that we are able to overcome anything that's wrong with the truth. Many people that some will see as heretics could have the right heart before God and love him deeply. My hope is for as many as possible to go to heaven, I don't want anyone to go to hell. I'm so so glad that only God is the righteous judge :)

theophilus

Ah, I try and see the good in people and I hope that all believe and get to know God and the love of Christ, then speak the truth, be there for them and let God do the judging. And i believe that God gives us a mouth to speak, so that we are able to overcome anything that's wrong with the truth. Many people that some will see as heretics could have the right heart before God and love him deeply. My hope is for as many as possible to go to heaven, I don't want anyone to go to hell. I'm so so glad that only God is the righteous judge :)

John 7:24 Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.

Perhaps an illustration:

Someone signs onto the boards and says Jesus is the spirit brother of Lucifer.

So someone else on the board says "wrong answer but thanks for playing. Jesus Christ is God made flesh and if you don't believe that you are a heretic."

The responder has made a righteous judgement in light of scripture.

Sharing the truth in love and with gentleness and respect is what we are commanded to do. It doesn't always wash that way, especially here at TOL.

:chuckle:

So, if someone does NOT believe Jesus Christ is Who God says He is, there's this:

Jude 17 But you, beloved, ought to remember the words that were spoken beforehand by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ, 18 that they were saying to you, “In the last time there will be mockers, following after their own ungodly lusts.” 19 These are the ones who cause divisions, worldly-minded, devoid of the Spirit. 20 But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, 21 keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting anxiously for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life. 22 And have mercy on some, who are doubting; 23 save others, snatching them out of the fire; and on some have mercy with fear, hating even the garment polluted by the flesh.

Only the disagreement may go on post after post, thread after thread and day after week after month.

It's like a measuring rod of one's commitment to sharing truth. I will "dust my feet" earlier than others on this board. Their tenacity amazes me.

marhig

John 7:24 Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.

Perhaps an illustration:

Someone signs onto the boards and says Jesus is the spirit brother of Lucifer.

So someone else on the board says "wrong answer but thanks for playing. Jesus Christ is God made flesh and if you don't believe that you are a heretic."

The responder has made a righteous judgement in light of scripture.

Sharing the truth in love and with gentleness and respect is what we are commanded to do. It doesn't always wash that way, especially here at TOL.

:chuckle:

So, if someone does NOT believe Jesus Christ is Who God says He is, there's this:

Jude 17 But you, beloved, ought to remember the words that were spoken beforehand by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ, 18 that they were saying to you, “In the last time there will be mockers, following after their own ungodly lusts.” 19 These are the ones who cause divisions, worldly-minded, devoid of the Spirit. 20 But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, 21 keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting anxiously for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life. 22 And have mercy on some, who are doubting; 23 save others, snatching them out of the fire; and on some have mercy with fear, hating even the garment polluted by the flesh.

Only the disagreement may go on post after post, thread after thread and day after week after month.

It's like a measuring rod of one's commitment to sharing truth. I will "dust my feet" earlier than others on this board. Their tenacity amazes me.
I don't believe in the trinity, as you probably know, but what amazes me more than anything that some will judge others as going to hell because they don't believe in it. Yet nowhere in the Bible does it say that we have to believe in the trinity or that we are saved by believing in it, we are saved through faith by the grace of God. Not by having faith in a trinity but by having faith in God and Christ.

And there will be many who don't believe in the trinity that could have a better heart than many who do. So how can anyone judge another as going to hell, even saying that they belong to Satan because they don't believe as they do? They're not God. All those who truly belong to God love him with all their hearts and minds and their neighbour as themselves, and they worship him spirit and in truth, it's not what denomination we are in, it's the heart condition that counts.

theophilus

I don't believe in the trinity, as you probably know, but what amazes me more than anything that some will judge others as going to hell because they don't believe in it. Yet nowhere in the Bible does it say that we have to believe in the trinity or that we are saved by believing in it, we are saved through faith by the grace of God. Not by having faith in a trinity but by having faith in God and Christ.

And there will be many who don't believe in the trinity that could have a better heart than many who do. So how can anyone judge another as going to hell, even saying that they belong to Satan because they don't believe as they do? They're not God. All those who truly belong to God love him with all their hearts and minds and their neighbour as themselves, and they worship him spirit and in truth, it's not what denomination we are in, it's the heart condition that counts.

How do you know, if one doesn't believe the "right" things about God, they're serving the right god?

And because the Holy Spirit leads us into ALL truth (granted for some that is a lengthier process than for others), if we do not have ALL truth, is there enough error that we may not truly be saved, regardless of our heart?

Because my bible says:

Jer. 17:9 The heart is more deceitful than all else
And is desperately sick;
Who can understand it?
10 “I, the Lord, search the heart,
I test the mind,
Even to give to each man according to his ways,
According to the results of his deeds.

Then there's Job 5:
7 For man is born for trouble,
As sparks fly upward.

And this:

Luke 6:45 The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart.

Matt. 12:34 Brood of vipers! How can you, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks.

The heart, as the seat of the will, in a right view of God and His things, exactly determines eternal life or eternal death. 99% of truth mixed with 1% of error is still error.

That's why we need to read scripture, ask questions of God, pray for wisdom (if you lack ask God Who gives to all liberally and without reproach) and attend/assemble under godly preaching. And if one is sincere (more self-delusion, I'm afraid) would not God, our Father, give good things to those who ask Him?

Absolutely!

Scriptute doesn't bid us "guard our hearts" for nothing.

:)