ECT WHY THE MYSTERY IS STILL A MYSTERY !!

andyc

Hi and any other Gospel other then Grace is ACCURSED and that inclucdes the Law of Moses as Gal 1:8 is very clear !!

So those who teach Tongues , Water Baptism , Snake handling , Visions are ACCURSED !!

dan p

Tongues and baptism are new covenant. You can doubt and do without, and then you'll have an eternity of regretting the fact that you didn't have one verse to defend your stupid belief.

Those who handle venomous snakes curse themselves.

andyc

Not true.

God gave the Law of Moses to the people of Israel. The Feasts of YHVH are a part of that law that required pilgrimage festivals three times per year.

Sukkot was to be observed by native born Israelites. (Leviticus 23:42)

Jesus said to teach disciples from all nations to observe all things that he commanded. Where in the NT did Jesus or his apostles say that we should keep the feasts given to Israel. Sukkot was not open to all nations.

What did the observing of the feasts accomplish?

What did Jesus accomplish?

Jesus established a new Passover observance that does not require circumcision.

Today we are part of a new priesthood that is open to everyone, not just Levites.

Right, so the feasts are fulfilled.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
The mystery is the riches of the fellowship with Christ.

It is only a mystery to those who do not know about the operation of God.

The operation of God is happening now.

We are risen by faith of the operation of God.

There are different stages in the operation.

One of them is being blind all the while thinking we are not.

Dan P is still in such a state.

He is blinded to the truth dispensed to Paul and he still needs Jesus to take him by the hand.

Last edited:

DAN P

Can't it be said that that is an opinion. In fact cannot we say that whole of "dispensational truths" is an idea? BTW, who was it that initially got the doctrine off the ground?

Hi and since the Greek word OIKONOMIA /DISPENSATION when OIKOS means House and NOMOS means LAW , why is it in bible in 1 Cor 9:17 and in Eph 3:2 and in Col 1:25 and in Eph 1:10 , and will you believe that it is RECENTLY created by WHO ??

By the way , it is also in 1 Tim 1:4 , so tell me you do not see it and could not find it , so look in the Greek text , as it is there , TRUST the KJV -ONLY to screw it up !!

dan p

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Hi and since the Greek word OIKONOMIA /DISPENSATION when OIKOS means House and NOMOS means LAW , why is it in bible in 1 Cor 9:17 and in Eph 3:2 and in Col 1:25 and in Eph 1:10 , and will you believe that it is RECENTLY created by WHO ??

By the way , it is also in 1 Tim 1:4 , so tell me you do not see it and could not find it , so look in the Greek text , as it is there , TRUST the KJV -ONLY to screw it up !!

dan p

Hey man, everybody already knows Paul was an Apostle.

That fact in no way, shape or form bolsters your misunderstanding of the wisdom given to him.:think:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi and any other Gospel other then Grace is ACCURSED and that inclucdes the Law of Moses as Gal 1:8 is very clear !!

So those who teach Tongues , Water Baptism , Snake handling , Visions are ACCURSED !!

dan p

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

dan p

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Paul did all of those things.

LA

DAN P

Tongues and baptism are new covenant. You can doubt and do without, and then you'll have an eternity of regretting the fact that you didn't have one verse to defend your stupid belief.

Hi and when were Matt 3:1 and verse 7 to be New Covenant ??

Explain what is the New Covenant , with a verse !!

dan p

DAN P

Paul did all of those things.

LA

Hi and who are those sent , but Jews !!

Explain the Greek word ETHNOS /GENTILE , PAGAN , RACE , OR HEATHEN mean ??

Especially since Jesus command that NO ONE goe to the Gentiles in Matt 10:5 !!

You ALWAYS run from this verse !!:chuckle::chuckle:

Do yet not , gett tried of RUNNING !!

dan p

revpete

Hi and we are not on the same page as to 1 Cor 2:14 !!

1 Cor 2:14 explains that the Natural man since the beginning does not experience Spiritual truth nor understand God , nor seek after God and is DOOMED without God !

We all should know that ONLY god does the saving and not man , Water Baptism , or Tongues !

I will start a new thread explaining how man is saved , soon and we will see that it is by Grace !!

Born again has only to do with Israel and study Acts 15:11 and 1 Cor 15:8 and you as a Pastor should know what these verses mean or SHAME on you !!

dan p

Sorry Dan but the shame is on you! Why? You have been deceived by false teaching and you have intellectually accepted another gospel. You said that You were taught it by man whilst Paul received the good news by Divine revelation.
I certainly do believe that one is saved by grace, as stated in my answer to one of your questions.
Try reading my post!

You do not deny that you are very often sarcastic and bitter in your posts?

Pete 👤

DAN P

Sorry Dan but the shame is on you! Why? You have been deceived by false teaching and you have intellectually accepted another gospel. You said that You were taught it by man whilst Paul received the good news by Divine revelation.
I certainly do believe that one is saved by grace, as stated in my answer to one of your questions.
Try reading my post!

You do not deny that you are very often sarcastic and bitter in your posts?

Pete ��

Hi and I am not BLOVATING so who is BITTER since you can not explain the above post and all you can say yjay I am bitter , which means you wasted all those years preaching an ACCURSED gospel , so you are the bitter one , WHAT A WASTE and are wasting my time !!

DAN P

Last edited:

Cross Reference

Do you consider yourself a Pentecostal?

Arsenios

Pentecost is the feast of weeks, where Jews celebrate the giving of the law to Moses. It has no New Testament significance, because Christ is the end of the law to all who believe. Jewish Christians can celebrate it as a matter of national tradition, but it has no significance beyond that today. And never will have.

How can the mystery turn out to be the feast of weeks?

Pentecost is Christian...

Feast of Weeks is Jewish...

The names are not interchangeable, because for the Christians it is one Holy Day, which Paul mentions as as an important feast-day for him to attend in Jerusalem DURING his ministry, and the other is entirely outside the Christian calendar, celebrating the giving of the Law to the Jews, which has no meaning now to Christians as Paul so tirelessly argued...

Luke writes:
Act 20:16
For Paul had determined to sail by Ephesus,
because he would not spend the time in Asia:
for he hasted, if it were possible for him,
to be at Jerusalem the day of Pentecost.

And Paul affirms:
1Co_16:8
But I will tarry at Ephesus until Pentecost.

It appears that he did not succeed and ended up celebrating Pentecost at Ephesus...

Pentecost is not the Feast of Weeks, but corresponds to it as its fulfillment, just as the Christian Pascha [Easter in the West] corresponds to the Jewish Passover, as its fulfillment... The Jewish Passover is not the Christian Pascha, yet the two are very much related...

Arsenios

andyc

Hi and when were Matt 3:1 and verse 7 to be New Covenant ??

Explain what is the New Covenant , with a verse !!

dan p

The new covenant is righteousness by faith. There was the old covenant given to physical Israel at Sinai through the mediator Moses.
The new covenant was sealed at the cross.

Hebrews talks in depth about the two covenants. Read it!

andyc

Pentecost is Christian...

Feast of Weeks is Jewish...

As far as I was aware, "Pentecost" is just the anglicized rendering of the Greek name meaning "Feast Of Weeks", which is the Jewish feast celebrating the giving of the law to Moses.

The names are not interchangeable, because for the Christians it is one Holy Day, which Paul mentions as as an important feast-day for him to attend in Jerusalem DURING his ministry, and the other is entirely outside the Christian calendar, celebrating the giving of the Law to the Jews, which has no meaning now to Christians as Paul so tirelessly argued...

The Hebrew word is "Shavuot" meaning - "weeks". We know there is a Christian significance because of the outpouring of the Holy Spirit occurring during Pentecost.
The reason I am being rigid concerning the Jewish aspect of Pentecost, is because the guy who started this thread is not being specific when he says "Pentecost was put on hold". We need him to be clearer about what he means.

Luke writes:
Act 20:16
For Paul had determined to sail by Ephesus,
because he would not spend the time in Asia:
for he hasted, if it were possible for him,
to be at Jerusalem the day of Pentecost.

And Paul affirms:
1Co_16:8
But I will tarry at Ephesus until Pentecost.

It appears that he did not succeed and ended up celebrating Pentecost at Ephesus...

Pentecost is not the Feast of Weeks, but corresponds to it as its fulfillment, just as the Christian Pascha [Easter in the West] corresponds to the Jewish Passover, as its fulfillment... The Jewish Passover is not the Christian Pascha, yet the two are very much related...

Arsenios

Pentecost is the 'Feast Of Weeks' regardless of whether it's been fulfilled or not.
The difference is simply about how people celebrate it - as tradition, or legalistc duty.

Cross Reference

The new covenant is righteousness by faith.

And what foundation is it built upon?

There was the old covenant given to physical Israel at Sinai through the mediator Moses.

Are you sure or was it the requirement for entering and being sustained in the "promised land"?

The new covenant was sealed at the cross.

If sealed at the cross you are saying it is a fact in no need of faith. So what is the fact?

Cross Reference

Examine the wording. It is not snake handling.

I am a Pentecostal of many years. Handling snakes never occurred to me and not only because I know the scriptures that say one should not tempt God.

Now where do you want to take me in your understanding you presume I must be doing because I said I was a Pentecostal??

I believe you need quit majoring on minors for the distraction it causes away from the true substance of the Acts 2 experience which is the "unction to function" as Jesus Promised His Disciples.

Interplanner

There is no indication at all from Acts 2 that everyone is supposed to have that "experience." Now, in an evangelistic sense or in missions, everyone in those should feel compelled by the Gospel or not be in the work. That's obvious. But there is nothing about Acts 2 that it is emotionally intense that we deliberate focus on ourselves and replicate.

The speaking of foreign languages needed to happen as a sign to those in Judaism that the mission of the Gospel was underway; see how I Cor 14 interps Isaiah. The foreign language needed to be spoken (sort of a reverse of what happened at Babel) and followers of Judaism needed to witness this happening. That kickstarts the Messianic mission for those in Judaism.

What better way to start this than at an existing event where followers from Judaism from all over the Roman world were present, so that when they went home they could tell others that the Messianic age was truly launched.

The NT message is much more about the fresh announcement of forgiveness for the most vile than it is about the supposed emotional intensity of Acts 2 as though people were supposed to seek that.