ECT WHY THE MYSTERY IS STILL A MYSTERY !!

Cross Reference

The dispensation of grace started with John the baptist.
The law was until John.

Can't it be said that that is an opinion. In fact cannot we say that whole of "dispensational truths" is an idea? BTW, who was it that initially got the doctrine off the ground?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Acts 2 Pentecost was the endowment for service. The power to do God's business; unction to function; the priestly Linen garment of Eze 44:17-18; the type of the righteousness of the Holy Spirit. Read about it sometime.

Pentecost is more than that.

One can not have Christ, and not have all that He is able to say and do.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Peter knew all about the Mystery and preached it too.

1Pe 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
1Pe 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
1Pe 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
John 19:30 So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, "It is finished!" And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.

Jesus has finished every work he will EVER DO.

Jesus finished the work of reconciliation by his death, but we are saved by his life and mind in us. Now that takes work, lots of work.

Jesus said, "And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world." (John 12:47 NKJV)

Are you saying the world is saved?

heir

TOL Subscriber
The reconciliation between God and man.
That's a due time message (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV). The bridge is 2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV and Paul, the due time testifier (Acts 20:24 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:8 KJV, Ephesians 3:1-6 KJV).

False Prophet

I will do something in your lifetime
that you won’t believe even when you are told about it.
Hab 1:5
The harlot church is going to be destroyed. While they are preaching the "peace and safety" message, destruction comes upon them suddenly as a woman in travail. Who are they? Lets just callem them!
They scare and frighten people.
They do what they want to do
and are good only to themselves.
8 Their horses are faster than leopards
and quicker than wolves at sunset.
Their horse soldiers attack quickly;
they come from places far away.
They attack quickly, like an eagle swooping down for food.
9 They all come to fight.
Nothing can stop them.
Their prisoners are as many as the grains of sand.
10 They laugh at kings
Habk 1

False Prophet

The great mystery is Babylon the Great; the mother of harlots, she is a harlot because she produces harlots, she is the harlot church. They bless God, and they curse their neighbors, James said these things ought not be so.
On her forehead was written a name, which is a mystery, “Babylon the great, the mother of harlots and of the abominations of the earth.” 6 [e]I saw that the woman was drunk on the blood of the holy ones and on the blood of the witnesses to Jesus.
Jesus asked, "Why can't you understand what I say? I do the works of my father, and you do the works of your father. Christians say, "We were not born of fornication, our father is God! If God were your father, then you would not seek to devour one another. My father and your father are different. You are of your father the Devil.
13 They are of one mind and will give their power and authority to the beast. 14 They will fight with the Lamb, but the Lamb will conquer them, for he is Lord of lords and king of kings, and those with him are called, chosen, and faithful.”

15 Then he said to me, “The waters that you saw where the harlot lives represent large numbers of peoples, nations, and tongues. 16 The ten horns[l] that you saw and the beast will hate the harlot; they will leave her desolate and naked; they will eat her flesh and consume her with fire.
Rev 17

The harlot church are not the people of God. The antichrist will hate the harlot and burn her with fire. Are we to stay in the harlot church, and be a lighthouse? No! We are to flee from her.
4 Then I heard another voice from heaven say:

“Depart from her,[d] my people,
so as not to take part in her sins
and receive a share in her plagues,
5 for her sins are piled up to the sky,
and God remembers her crimes.
6 Pay her back as she has paid others.
Pay her back double for her deeds.
Into her cup pour double what she poured.
7 To the measure of her boasting and wantonness
repay her in torment and grief;
Rev 18

Cross Reference

The great mystery is Babylon the Great; the mother of harlots, she is a harlot because she produces harlots, she is the harlot church. They bless God, and they curse their neighbors, James said these things ought not be so.
On her forehead was written a name, which is a mystery, “Babylon the great, the mother of harlots and of the abominations of the earth.” 6 [e]I saw that the woman was drunk on the blood of the holy ones and on the blood of the witnesses to Jesus.
Jesus asked, "Why can't you understand what I say? I do the works of my father, and you do the works of your father. Christians say, "We were not born of fornication, our father is God! If God were your father, then you would not seek to devour one another. My father and your father are different. You are of your father the Devil.
13 They are of one mind and will give their power and authority to the beast. 14 They will fight with the Lamb, but the Lamb will conquer them, for he is Lord of lords and king of kings, and those with him are called, chosen, and faithful.”

15 Then he said to me, “The waters that you saw where the harlot lives represent large numbers of peoples, nations, and tongues. 16 The ten horns[l] that you saw and the beast will hate the harlot; they will leave her desolate and naked; they will eat her flesh and consume her with fire.
Rev 17

The harlot church are not the people of God. The antichrist will hate the harlot and burn her with fire. Are we to stay in the harlot church, and be a lighthouse? No! We are to flee from her.
4 Then I heard another voice from heaven say:

“Depart from her,[d] my people,
so as not to take part in her sins
and receive a share in her plagues,
5 for her sins are piled up to the sky,
and God remembers her crimes.
6 Pay her back as she has paid others.
Pay her back double for her deeds.
Into her cup pour double what she poured.
7 To the measure of her boasting and wantonness
repay her in torment and grief;
Rev 18

So who is "Mystery Babylon" to you?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Grace for what? What did Abel actually receive from God?

Eternal life.

And all these having obtained a good testimony through faith did not receive the promise, God having provided something better for us that they should not be made perfect apart from us. (Hebrews 11:39-40 NKJV)

Cross Reference

Eternal life.

And all these having obtained a good testimony through faith did not receive the promise, God having provided something better for us that they should not be made perfect apart from us. (Hebrews 11:39-40 NKJV)

Everyone received eternal life but where did they live it out after they died, is the issue? Remember this was before the cross.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
You mean Abel was righteous when everybody here says "no man was righteous, no, not even one"?

No one became righteous by the law.

But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness.
(Romans 4:5 NKJV)​

Just as it was for Abel.