Why Homosexuality MUST Be Recriminalized! Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Slow morning, so I thought I'd come back and see what you had when you were sure my back was turned.

Unless you run away from my thread facing it, how else would I respond to your latest brilliant post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
I "got it" the first time:

Sure you did. Because that's what people do when they get something, ask you to explain it.

Did this approach work in your Remedial Debate course?

When it comes to your standup comedy routine, don't quit your day job.

Oh wait...

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior
Support: Openly promoting and defending things like strange sex marriage on internet forums; justifying sexual immorality by stating what people do in private isn't anyone's business, etc. etc. etc.

Ah, so you're still confused about what support means and you've added promoting to the list. At least we're getting closer to your problem. Here's an oldie you never had an answer for and it's still golden today: a person can be for the right to speak without agreeing to everything that is spoken under that right.

Save your little speech for when you meet God on your judgment day (you might want to fine tune that a bit more, because if you can't convince me that you're selling Him out by supporting the things that He abhors, I doubt that you'll convince Him.)

God handed down His universal moral code to all of mankind, not just the Jews.

The laws of God are written in our hearts, to be sure. We know when we're doing wrong, whether we own up to it or not.

That's where civil government comes in (at least a righteous one) : to let people know when they're doing wrong.

At least until some have taken the road not necessarily paved with good intention so often they stop seeing anything else.

The indoctrination and molestation of innocent children by the LGBTQueer movement. Dismembering unborn babies and selling their body parts to the highest bidder by their close allies in the abortion movement:

"They've "taken the road not necessarily paved with good intention".

Some of us unsophisticated people use the word "evil".

But I'm not talking about our moral conviction and you're conflating the laws given to Israel with that universal as a matter of civil enforcement.

Where does the Book do that again?

There are many verses and passages in Holy Scripture talking about the righteous role of government; again show me where God solely intended it to be for the Jews.

The United States did a pretty good job prior to the decriminalization of abortion, homosexuality, cohabitation laws, cross dressing laws, and the legislation of no fault divorce when it came to abiding by His principles.

We also kept women from voting and blacks as property, let children and others die in unsafe work environments, ect. Let's not pretend our law was or is a reflection of God's intentions. That our imperfect intentions roughly parallel often enough is surprising enough.

Art Brain uses that line ad nauseum.

Being that the Jews didn't allow women into their temples (let alone to vote), I fail to see the relevancy of your attempt at a point.

If you would like to stick to the thread's topic and show why things are better for one and all since homosexuality was decriminalized, then make your case.

If not, back peddle on out like you have done in the first three threads.

GFR7

You might consider the sum of his answers as rebuttal.

Nature is a fallen, broken thing. Of course its product is often a reflection of its nature. And childbirth is painful. The heathen believes that's the way it always has been and must be. The faithful lament the loss of what we find in the echoes.

We have people born with or who develop all sorts of inclinations. We each have an inclination to sin as we move through the world. The point is what we do with our frailties and where we turn to answer them.
I'm not talking about sinning. I'm talking about a child born with some defect and having dozens of surgeries and painful procedures and dying at age 3.

GFR7

Quote:
Note how homosexualist GFR7 in his oh so clever way said that God is cruel and does make mistakes.

Secular humanists who don't study the Bible nor have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ frequently question how God would allow terrible things to happen to individuals that He supposedly loves.

For those of us that are followers of Christ and study the Bible we know that He works in mysterious ways, but it's always for the good of mankind.
That's easily said, huh? You don't fool me one bit.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Note how homosexualist GFR7 in his oh so clever way said that God is cruel and does make mistakes.

Secular humanists who don't study the Bible nor have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ frequently question how God would allow terrible things to happen to individuals that He supposedly loves.

For those of us that are followers of Christ and study the Bible we know that He works in mysterious ways, but it's always for the good of mankind.

That's easily said, huh? You don't fool me one bit.

When you know the truth, it "easily" flows out of your mouth.

alwight

What you probably don't even want to consider, presumably because you think God will know if you ever doubt, is that bad things happening to good people is actually a rather better reason to believe that in fact no caring, loving involved deity is actually running the show here on Earth, despite the apologetic spin or utter nonsense like Original Sin and a supposed "Fall".
Explanations of "working in mysterious ways" and perhaps being something not understood but nevertheless for the ultimate good :)rolleyes: oh do pull the other one.) is exactly what you'd be telling us, regardless of whether any god exists or not.
Face it, this is a natural world where natural things happen and it should be expected that good and bad things will happen to both good and bad people, gay or straight. If bad things started only happened to bad people then I would become a theist and go to church and pray. :plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'm not talking about sinning. I'm talking about a child born with some defect and having dozens of surgeries and painful procedures and dying at age 3.
Same sort of answer though. The world is fallen and broken and we're walking among the shards of it.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
When it comes to your standup comedy routine, don't quit your day job.
Normally I'd have to attend a funeral to find someone with your sense of humor. But then they'd bury him. :plain:

Oh wait...
Doubling down on the whole let's back into the job bit, eh? Is it that ol Denny's envy again. How goes it there for you? Hit any interesting clogs lately?

Else, I had the greatest imaginable job for the past four years. Now Jack's in preschool so I'm back in the game.

True story: after the first day, when my wife went to collect Jack, the teacher said, "Did you know he can read really well?" followed by, "What program did you have him in?"

For those who might not know, my son is four and reads years beyond his age group. :D

Save your little speech
It wasn't a speech. It was a simple sentence containing an argument you failed to rebut then and have just failed to rebut again.

You can support free speech without agreeing with every utterance, including that by the fellow who uses his to oppose free speech.

for when you meet God on your judgment day (you might want to fine tune that a bit more, because if you can't convince me that you're selling Him out by supporting the things that He abhors, I doubt that you'll convince Him.)
Here's something to consider: God's smarter than you and He doesn't have your angry insecurity to get around. So just leave speculation about judgement alone and the purview to Him.

That's where civil government comes in (at least a righteous one) : to let people know when they're doing wrong.
I didn't say our or any government I know of is righteous.

Some of us unsophisticated people use the word "evil".
All sin is evil. I don't think it has anything to do with sophistication.

There are many verses and passages in Holy Scripture talking about the righteous role of government; again show me where God solely intended it to be for the Jews.
It's established prima facie by giving the law to the Jews and calling them His people, separating them from the rest. It's one reason why the idea of spreading salvation to the Gentile was met with some resistance and attempt to push the early Gentile into the Jewish faith and form by those set apart. And you don't want that law anyway, you want parts of it.

Art Brain uses that line ad nauseum.
I bet he uses antibiotics and restrooms too. You giving up on those? :rolleyes:

Being that the Jews didn't allow women into their temples (let alone to vote), I fail to see the relevancy of your attempt at a point.
How do you imagine that impacts anything I've actually written? Or were you just typing things randomly again?

If you would like to stick to the thread's topic and show why things are better for one and all since homosexuality was decriminalized, then make your case.
If you don't want me to converse then stop talking to me. If you try more of this I'll answer it, because that's how it works. Given all my posts have been responsive to a comment I can't see any real complaint from you.

But to answer on the point: better off? A society premised on equality before the law is better off when it meets its standard, whatever you or I think of any particular exercise. You're free to wear a flag predicated on enslavement or utter any particular stupidity you want to, to live where you can afford to live without someone telling you no because of that flag or the way you wear your hat.

If not, back peddle on out like you have done in the first three threads.
:chuckle: You should write screenplays with that sort of imagination. Though really, writing anything other than what you mostly do would be an improvement...so would a coma.

:e4e:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That makes such a child's suffering and death so much easier to bear!!!!:banana:
Who threw you upon the thorns of life to watch you bleed? And who said it was my job to make the uncomfortable, savage, broken world we live in a thing that comforts you in contemplation? Man has the world he asked for, demanded really. The rest is how we respond to it and whose understanding we lean into.

Also, you can't really complain about sarcasm now, can you. :eek:

GFR7

Who said it was my job to make the uncomfortable, savage, broken world we live in a thing that comforts you in contemplation? Man has the world he asked for, demanded really. The rest is how we respond to it and whose understanding we lean into.
Very nicely said; very Emersonian. :BRAVO:
And I am NOT being sarcastic, in the least. :think:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Talking about my last post. :madmad:
Oh, you meant the Emersonian line? That would be swell. Now stop getting worked up or you'll have to wear an IV. :) Also, back on point before you know who gets his you know what out of joint.

So, do you think a society of laws founded in equality before them is stronger or weaker when it denies right without sufficient reason by its own precepts?

Last edited:

GFR7

Oh, you meant the Emersonian line? That would be swell. Not stop getting worked up or you'll have to wear an IV. :) Also, back on point before you know who gets his you know what out of joint. :mock: :mock: :mock:

So, do you think a society of laws founded in equality before them is stronger or weaker when it denies right without sufficient reason by its own precepts?
:think: Without sufficient reason, weaker. But it all depends on what purview we see sufficient reason through. :think:

GFR7

Why the dancing banana when speaking of a child's suffering and death? Personally, I don't think that's amusing. In the least.
You're hugely missing the point. That was sarcasm. The post that followed wasn't.
I was the one who brought up a child's suffering as untenable and unbearable.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
:think: Without sufficient reason, weaker. But it all depends on what purview we see sufficient reason through. :think:
Corrected: should have read now instead of not...and I'm pretty sure I didn't have any :mock: smilies going.

Weaker? You think a nation of laws predicated on equality before them is stronger when it's hypocritical? Because without sufficient reason that's what it's being. Sufficiency in reason isn't subjective, relative to law. It's equality absent meeting the standard for discriminatory conduct and that standard can't be simply a moral feeling. Were it then we'd only have speech that made us comfortable, by way of...though some might find that a good thing.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You're hugely missing the point. That was sarcasm. The post that followed wasn't.
I was the one who brought up a child's suffering as untenable and unbearable.

It is ... but the dancing banana smiley makes light of the words before it.

Status
Not open for further replies.