ECT WHY EVANGELICAL PROTESTANTS BECOME CATHOLICS

6days

“Bottom line: we convert because we come to believe, by God's grace, and with His leading, that the Catholic Church is the fullness of theological and spiritual truth, and the Church that Jesus instituted. Period.”
Cruciform.... it seems you are more interested in creating division than in working at unity of those who trust in Christ as Savior.
Your topic can be countered with testimonies of people who convert from Catholicism to Christianity. How about we rejoice together for people who converted from religion to a relationship with our Lord and Savior?

DAN P

Now cite the biblical verse which states that "Only words explicitly used in the English Bible may be used by Christians to express their beliefs." We'll wait. :yawn:

Hi and did you MISS the MEMO that the bible is written in GREEK , and you know it is true , BUT you all Ignore that !!

And in 2 Tim 3:16 , it has been explained to you that " all scripture is God breathed " !!:rotfl::rotfl:

dan p

Cruciform

Cruciform.... it seems you are more interested in creating division than in working at unity of those who trust in Christ as Savior.
Ironic, since it is Christ's one historic Catholic Church from which the 50,000+ recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic denominations and sects have split off.

Your topic can be countered with testimonies of people who convert from Catholicism to Christianity.
Merely a False Dichotomy Fallacy on your part, since Catholics are Christians, in fact the original and authentic Christians of the first millennium-and-a-half of Church history.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

Hi and did you MISS the MEMO that the bible is written in GREEK , and you know it is true , BUT you all Ignore that !! And in 2 Tim 3:16 , it has been explained to you that " all scripture is God breathed " !!:rotfl::rotfl:
Thus, your inability to cite a single biblical text which states that "Only words explicitly used in the English Bible may be used by Christians to express their beliefs" is noted.

oatmeal

A Protestant is someone who is pro "my-preferred-interpretation-of Scripture." Big difference there.

:darwinsm:​

Merely a Straw Man Fallacy on your part, since Catholics do not in any way "worship" the Saints. Try again.

If the "reformers" had the true understanding of Scripture, there would not now be some 50,000+ competing and contradictory recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sects, with more being concocted every week. Try again.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

No, you are wrong again, a Protestant is someone who is pro scripture.

Since the RCC is not pro scripture, but tends to ignore scripture, clearly God had to raise up believers who would adhere to truth instead of RCC tradition.

Cruciform

Already answered---and corrected---in Post #72 above.

Since the RCC is not pro scripture, but tends to ignore scripture...
A straightforwardly false statement. Try again.

...clearly God had to raise up believers who would adhere to truth instead of RCC tradition.
Already answered---and corrected---in Post #72 above.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

6days

Merely a False Dichotomy Fallacy on your part, since Catholics are Christians, in fact the original and authentic Christians of the first millennium-and-a-half of Church history.
So people who go to Catholic 'churches' are Christians?
People who accept Christ as their Savior but attend a non-Catholic church are not Christian?
Surely I'm misrepresenting you?

Cruciform

People who accept Christ as their Savior but attend a non-Catholic church are not Christian?
The Catholic Church teaches that one who truly believes in Jesus Christ, and has been properly baptized, is to be considered a fellow Christian.

brewmama

Since the RCC is not pro scripture, but tends to ignore scripture, clearly God had to raise up believers who would adhere to truth instead of RCC tradition.

Wow, you really know nothing about the Catholic Church do you? That is a really out to lunch statement.

brewmama

So people who go to Catholic 'churches' are Christians?
Surely I'm misrepresenting you?

I would say you are for sure, since he was responding to someone saying that Catholics aren't Christians, not vice versa.

And why the "" for Catholic churches?

heir

TOL Subscriber
The Catholic Church teaches that one who truly believes in Jesus Christ, and has been properly baptized, is to be considered a fellow Christian.
Those who are saved are already "properly baptized" "by one Spirit" (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV). Your rituals spoil people (Colossians 2:8 KJV).

musterion

Go ahead and prove that 50k + Protestant sects with conflicting and contradictory doctrines are NOT the "some...depart(ing)" "in latter times" mentioned in 1 Timothy 4:1!?*

Keep in mind that*conflicting, contradictory doctrine is not okay...at least according to the Bible and 1st century Christians.~ John 14:26, John 16:13; Malachi 3:6

While you're at it you might as well prove that 1Timothy was actually written to 16th century Protestants and not 1st century Christians as everybody knows that not a single solitary Protestant existed in the first century!?

God Bless!

A leftist was hired to run your church. Don't preach.

heir

TOL Subscriber
See the biblical teaching regarding Baptism here
I see the one baptism (Ephesians 4:5 KJV) which is by one Spirit into one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV)/a baptism into Christ's death (Romans 6:3-4 KJV) just fine! It's how I know you are spoiled (Colossians 2:8 KJV). I consider what Paul says and the Lord gives thee understanding (2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV). You have to get saved for that to happen or you will just stay on the devil's course (Ephesians 2:2 KJV).

Right Divider

Body part
I see the one baptism (Ephesians 4:5 KJV) which is by one Spirit into one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV)/a baptism into Christ's death (Romans 6:3-4 KJV) just fine! It's how I know you are spoiled (Colossians 2:8 KJV). I consider what Paul says and the Lord gives thee understanding (2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV). You have to get saved for that to happen or you will just stay on the devil's course (Ephesians 2:2 KJV).
Cruciform is like my mother-in-law, a Cathaholic. It's their drug and they're addicted.