ECT WHY EVANGELICAL PROTESTANTS BECOME CATHOLICS

Cruciform

Hi and just to questions put to them , WHERE is the Greek words for POPE and PURGATORY and just proves that RCC is all made-up by MAN !! Answer IF you can !!
Now cite the biblical verse which states that "Only words explicitly used in the English Bible may be used by Christians to express their beliefs." We'll wait. :yawn:

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
Your complete inability to offer any meaningful answer---let alone an actual refutation---of the content of Post #52 above is noted. Thus, my statements stand exactly as posted.

Can you voice an honest answer to why some Catholics become Protestant?

Last edited:

HisServant

Why Evangelical Protestants Become Catholics:
“Bottom line: we convert because we come to believe, by God's grace, and with His leading, that the Catholic Church is the fullness of theological and spiritual truth, and the Church that Jesus instituted. Period.”*

________
*Dave Armstrong via FACEBOOK, 10-24-2015.

One size doesn't fit all.

Generalization is the tactic of a fool.

oatmeal

Go ahead and prove that 50k + Protestant sects with conflicting and contradictory doctrines are NOT the "some...depart(ing)" "in latter times" mentioned in 1 Timothy 4:1!?*

Keep in mind that*conflicting, contradictory doctrine is not okay...at least according to the Bible and 1st century Christians.~ John 14:26, John 16:13; Malachi 3:6

While you're at it you might as well prove that 1Timothy was actually written to 16th century Protestants and not 1st century Christians as everybody knows that not a single solitary Protestant existed in the first century!?

God Bless!

A Protestant is someone who is pro scripture.

Hence Jesus, being pro scripture, was a protestant

Peter and Paul, being pro scripture, were protestants

Jesus, Peter, Paul, John, ..... being against idolatry was against the RCC's worship of saints, etc.

If the RCC was pro scripture, there would have been no need for the reformists

Husband&Father

Best Book Ever Written by a Protestant who converted:
Orthodoxy by G.K. Chesterton
Also, one of the best books ever written period.
C.S. Lewis said of this book "Quite simply, when I picked it up I was an atheist when I put it down I was a Christian"
Interestingly, Chesterton wrote it quite a while before he converted.
Do you want an answer to the question of Why Protestants convert?
Look it up on Amazon, click the link. The Book is Free (for Kindle).
You will have your answer.

oatmeal

You can go ahead and just apply that to yourself, and to the myriad recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sects in existence today, with more being concocted every week.

Some folks like to watch people in funny clothes do pagan rituals with a few Bible scriptures tossed in to sound Christian.

Others actually want to read what God's word has to say to our minds, our hearts and our lives. They actually want a relationship with God, not with a religious organization that habitually ignores scripture

Cruciform

A Protestant is someone who is pro scripture.
A Protestant is someone who is pro "my-preferred-interpretation-of Scripture." Big difference there.

Hence Jesus, being pro scripture, was a protestant. Peter and Paul, being pro scripture, were protestants
:darwinsm:​

Jesus, Peter, Paul, John, ..... being against idolatry was against the RCC's worship of saints, etc.
Merely a Straw Man Fallacy on your part, since Catholics do not in any way "worship" the Saints. Try again.

If the RCC was pro scripture, there would have been no need for the reformists
If the "reformers" had the true understanding of Scripture, there would not now be some 50,000+ competing and contradictory recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sects, with more being concocted every week. Try again.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

C.S. Lewis said of this book "Quite simply, when I picked it up I was an atheist when I put it down I was a Christian"
:thumb:​

Cruciform

Some folks like to watch people in funny clothes do pagan rituals with a few Bible scriptures tossed in to sound Christian.
Straw Man and Ad Hominem Fallacies. Try again.

...not with a religious organization that habitually ignores scripture
You can go ahead and just apply that to your preferred recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

thanks for the recommendation

just started reading it
and
I like it

6days

Go ahead and prove that 50k + Protestant sects with conflicting and contradictory doctrines are NOT the "some...depart(ing)" "in latter times" mentioned in 1 Timothy 4:1!?*

Keep in mind that*conflicting, contradictory doctrine is not okay...at least according to the Bible and 1st century Christians.~ John 14:26, John 16:13; Malachi 3:6

While you're at it you might as well prove that 1Timothy was actually written to 16th century Protestants and not 1st century Christians as everybody knows that not a single solitary Protestant existed in the first century!?

God Bless!
The "50k" plus sects are not the church. However, there are some from those denominations, as well as some from the Catholic denominations who do belong to the body of Christ...the true church. Some are the hands...some the feet.