ECT WHY EVANGELICAL PROTESTANTS BECOME CATHOLICS

Wick Stick

Keep in mind that*conflicting, contradictory doctrine is not okay...at least according to the Bible and 1st century Christians.
That's not really true. The church of the first few centuries allowed its adherents much more freedom to believe as they chose than modern churches. What was in the creed(s) was necessity, and the rest was up for discussion, since all things had not yet been "worked out." Most of the "doctors of the church" didn't live til the 2nd-4th centuries.

Jarrod

Cruciform

The religious, denominational system is courtesy of the mystery of iniquity that doth already work (2 Thessalonians 2:7 KJV).

Those who don't follow Paul (1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV) and don't hold fast the form of sound words that we have heard of Paul (2 Timothy 1:13 KJV) in Romans through Philemon are all a part of that system; "Protestants" and "Catholics" included.

2 Corinthians 11:13 For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.

2 Corinthians 11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

If you nameth the name of Christ, depart from iniquity!

2 Timothy 2:19 KJV
Already answered (Post #16).

Cruciform

because evangelical protestant churches won't let them buy indulgences?
The so-called "selling" of indulgences was a regional abuse that occurred---and was corrected---during the Late Renaissance Period (five centuries ago), and simply does not apply today. Try again.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Two questions:
  • Why not?
  • How old were you?

Because the God and His Christ who I had read about all my life suddenly became REAL to me, I mean real as He is in the gospels.

I didn't go through the priest
I didn't go through Mary and the saints
I didn't go through the sacraments or holy rituals

I came to Him direct, just as they came to Him direct in the gospels, I called to Him directly...."Jesus, I want You, I need You, I WANT the new life You died to give me"

And I got it
I got Him

I was 14, that was 11 years ago and I still got it and I still got Him. And my life with Him is more meaningful and sweeter than ever.

Last edited:

Cruciform

I came to Him direct...
In fact, you came in accordance with the "knowledge" you had derived from any number of informational sources, whether Catholic or Protestant. Beliefs are not formed in a vacuum.

I was 14...
It's typical for Catholics who abandon the faith to do so in adolescence or young adulthood---between puberty and college graduation. It's also typical that their understanding of the doctrinal content of the faith is incomplete and distorted at best, which is one of the reasons they leave in the first place, so that what they actually end up abandoning is not the Catholic faith itself, but merely an immature and confused impression of it. Very sad.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
In fact, you came in accordance with the "knowledge" you had derived from any number of informational sources, whether Catholic or Protestant. Beliefs are not formed in a vacuum.

It's typical for Catholics who abandon the faith to do so in adolescence or young adulthood---between puberty and college graduation. It's also typical that their understanding of the doctrinal content of the faith is incomplete and distorted at best, which is one of the reasons they leave in the first place, so that what they actually end up abandoning is not the Catholic faith itself, but merely an immature and confused impression of it. Very sad.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

According to the Gospel....the gospel is the power of God unto salvation. "Come unto ME...."

Catholics do just about everything short of coming unto Christ

They come to the priest
they come to mass
they come to the sacrament
they come to Mary and the saints

To Christ they come not.

They don't. It's the other way around.

Really. I saw the thread title, and whut?! They must have run an article in Catholic Digest about some couple and their parakeet, from Joel Osteen's congregation, making the switch.

Everybody can see how tempting it is, though, to become an apostate from the true faith of the Bible, maybe turn the Lord Jesus in for Popes, Mary, bone chips of saints, cannibalism and sundry paraphernalia, wielded often by budding pedophiles and homosexuals, who need not change clothing to go trick or treating. Haven't you often been tempted to trade the truth for the idolatry and fables of men? Tell you what, just the thought tempts me like a good old dog, thinking, "Yum! Good vomit!"

Cruciform

Instead of constantly linking to those nonsense RCC doctrine pits, why don't you articulate your position from the scripture?
The sources I cited are filled with biblical references and arguments, accurately reflect my own position, and effectively answer your posted comments.

Right Divider

Body part
The sources I cited are filled with biblical references and arguments, accurately reflect my own position, and effectively answer your posted comments.
These threads are about discussion, not canned links.

The sites that you site are filled with incorrect interpretations based on brain-washed RCC vile "doctrines".

Cedarbay

Why Evangelical Protestants Become Catholics:
“Bottom line: we convert because we come to believe, by God's grace, and with His leading, that the Catholic Church is the fullness of theological and spiritual truth, and the Church that Jesus instituted. Period.”*
Yes, that would have to be the case.

Cruciform

According to the Gospel....the gospel is the power of God unto salvation. "Come unto ME...."
And how did people "come to Jesus" in the New Testament Apostolic Period? They came to the apostles and their successors (the bishops) for baptism and correct teaching in order to be introduced into Christ's one historic Church, whose teachings Jesus equated with his very own in truth and authority (Lk. 10:16; cf. 1 Tim. 3:15; Mt. 28:18-20).

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+