Why did you become a Christian.

daqq

Lon made more valid and correct points

Not sure who or what you speak of but all I saw of what was posted to me was, "I'm shocked", and something about bringing up the past in another secondary post addressed to me. I'm not reading his posts anymore and do not plan to do so since he demanded that I not speak to him anymore, (which is why I posted that reply). So as far as making points I made mine to him because he quoted two of my posts; and every time he and I talk he ends up derailing the thread, reporting me for something lame, and either getting me banned, getting me removed from a thread, or getting me in some sort of other trouble: he is nothing but trouble imo and I know from first hand experience. My point in this thread was on topic, and I simply offered up some of my own personal testimony according to the thread OP and title; if you think someone else posting online can discredit or invalidate the personal testimony of someone in their walk with the Master then you have a nice life too because that is pure and simple buffoonery. No wonder people are not willing to offer their testimony in places such as this.

Truster

The past? That was the last time we spoke and it was not very long ago. You are wasting your time because I am not reading your diatribes anymore, including this one. Again, please leave me alone, just as you also asked me to do, and I respected your demand until you responded to me here. You are clearly trying to pick a fight and now derailing this thread. I'm out of this thread unless someone else besides you responds to me.

I just came back and didn't recognise the thread. Back on track when were you converted and where have you been getting your teaching from. The reason for the latter question is we are influenced by denominational doctrine in the early stages of salvation. To teach us to learn from light and darkness, from right and wrong teaching so that will build up an immunity to error and a love of the truth.

Truster

It is the primary reason

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

The doctrine of election does not save in and of itself. That is why Peter said to make sure your election and calling. The calling is unto regeneration.

Every man woman and child ever to be born is elect. Some to eternal life and the rest to destruction. So making sure the election unto life and the calling (finding the strait gate) is vital.

2 Peter 1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

This verse along with the preceding 5 verses was my sole aim in the first 14 years of knowing Messiah. It brought me to the place where I can say, Wherever I am, whatever my intents, thoughts, words and deeds. I know for an absolute certainty that I am at the centre of the will of the Eternal Almighty. For my life, salvation, and sanctification.

And that to the praise of the glory of His grace, amen.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
The doctrine of election does not save in and of itself. That is why Peter said to make sure your election and calling. The calling is unto regeneration.

Every man woman and child ever to be born is elect. Some to eternal life and the rest to destruction. So making sure the election unto life and the calling (finding the strait gate) is vital.

2 Peter 1:10 Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

This verse along with the preceding 5 verses was my sole aim in the first 14 years of knowing Messiah. It brought me to the place where I can say, Wherever I am, whatever my intents, thoughts, words and deeds. I know for an absolute certainty that I am at the centre of the will of the Eternal Almighty. For my life, salvation, and sanctification.

And that to the praise of the glory of His grace, amen.

Ok thanks for that

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Truster

Hi Lon ,

Do you know what the word Israel means ?

Israel or transliterated name Yisra El means Ruled of El. El being Elohim being Almighty. Jacob was brought from seeing the ladder to the wresting bout to the knowledge of sovereignty. Once known, it becomes the rule of life for those that are humbled by it. Trusting that "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love Elohim, to them who are the called according to his purpose".
It also gives the humbled man 20/20 hindsight as to how the Eternal Almighty has been guiding him throughout his existence unto life. If there is no understanding and admittance to the sovereign will of the Almighty there has been no regeneration.

The knowledge that the regenerate man is Ruled in his walk through time makes Psalm 23 his own and describes perfectly what he knows, how he feels and how he reacts.

Yah Veh Raah
I lack not
He reposeth me
in sprouting folds
He guideth me
beside waters of rest
He resotoreth my soul

He leadeth me in the paths of justness
for his names sake
Yea, though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death
I shall awe no evil
For Thou art with me
thy scion and thy crutch
they sigh over me

Thou arrangest a table at my face
in the presence of my tribulators
thou anointest my head with ointment
my cup satiateth

Surely goodness and mercy pursue me
all the days of my life
And I settle
in the house of Yah Veh
for a length of days.

(Take note of the "HE" and "Thou" and "Thy" and the manner in which it illuminates sovereignty).

1 Peter 2:25
For ye were as wandering sheep;
but are now returned
unto the Shepherd and Episcopate
of your souls.

Episcopate; one who scopes, an inspector, inspection.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
If you mean me, nope, never been a Mormon, nor have I ever had anything to do with them. The scripture is my Guide, that is, Meshiah, the Word of Elohim Most High.

The only reason I suggested this, is because I remember you posting early on that you were an "Adoptionist" which is the Christological error held by Mormons.

If I remember wrong, I apologize.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Israel or transliterated name Yisra El means Ruled of El. El being Elohim being Almighty. Jacob was brought from seeing the ladder to the wresting bout to the knowledge of sovereignty. Once known, it becomes the rule of life for those that are humbled by it. Trusting that "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love Elohim, to them who are the called according to his purpose".
It also gives the humbled man 20/20 hindsight as to how the Eternal Almighty has been guiding him throughout his existence unto life. If there is no understanding and admittance to the sovereign will of the Almighty there has been no regeneration.

The knowledge that the regenerate man is Ruled in his walk through time makes Psalm 23 his own and describes perfectly what he knows, how he feels and how he reacts.

Yah Veh Raah
I lack not
He reposeth me
in sprouting folds
He guideth me
beside waters of rest
He resotoreth my soul

He leadeth me in the paths of justness
for his names sake
Yea, though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death
I shall awe no evil
For Thou art with me
thy scion and thy crutch
they sigh over me

Thou arrangest a table at my face
in the presence of my tribulators
thou anointest my head with ointment
my cup satiateth

Surely goodness and mercy pursue me
all the days of my life
And I settle
in the house of Yah Veh
for a length of days.

(Take note of the "HE" and "Thou" and "Thy" and the manner in which it illuminates sovereignty).

1 Peter 2:25
For ye were as wandering sheep;
but are now returned
unto the Shepherd and Episcopate
of your souls.

Episcopate; one who scopes, an inspector, inspection.

What does the word "Israel" mean?
It simply means , "God governed."

Truster

I didn't want to become a Messianist (christian).

It wasn't a plan of mine. It wasn't a desire of mine. I hated anything to do with religion. I knew of the existence or possibility of there being a Creator. I knew about the Messiah. I knew about salvation. I knew that salvation was not for the likes of me. I understood people could be forgiven. I didn't think it possible that I could be forgiven.

Truster

I didn't want to become a Messianist (christian).

It wasn't a plan of mine. It wasn't a desire of mine. I hated anything to do with religion. I knew of the existence or possibility of there being a Creator. I knew about the Messiah. I knew about salvation. I knew that salvation was not for the likes of me. I understood people could be forgiven. I didn't think it possible that I could be forgiven.

UNREQUESTED

UNEXPECTED

UNIMAGINABLE

INDESCRIBABLE

A salvation that lines up perfectly with what the prophecy promised.

"But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me."

This was Paul confirming the prophecy, because that was his experience on the road to Damascus. I can also say amen, because that was my experience.

Any form of religion that is not begun in this experience is entering through the wide gate.

Repent and trust the evangelism.

God's Truth

UNREQUESTED

UNEXPECTED

UNIMAGINABLE

INDESCRIBABLE

"But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me."

This was Paul confirming the prophecy, because that was his experience on the road to Damascus. I can also say amen, because that was my experience.

Any form of religion that is not begun in this experience is entering through the wide gate.

Paul was NOT saved when he was on the Road to Damascus.

As for being saved by those who did not seek God that is about the Gentiles all of a sudden being allowed to be saved too without having to get circumcised. That has nothing to do with any Gentiles now.

Truster

UNREQUESTED

UNEXPECTED

UNIMAGINABLE

INDESCRIBABLE

The sovereignty of divine grace, displayed in the revelation of Messiah to my soul was the first saving truth that ever Elohim made known to me: and, as I could not find one person in a thousand that had ever seen or felt the same power, it confirmed to me still more that what Elohim had done for and in me was a sovereign act.

I have since been further confirmed in this truth, because it was revealed to me who never sought it and never expected it and is withheld from thousands who are working hard to get it.

To the praise of the glory of His grace, amen, amen and amen*.

I use the term amen in full knowledge of what it means.

Truster

Prior to my conversion I was advised by a woman who knew me to go to church. She felt that my only hope of not dying from alcohol abuse was to be saved.

I recall telling her that I knew there was a Creator. That I knew about salvation and the forgiveness of sin. I told her that it would be impossible for me to be saved and that she was completely unaware of what I had done in my life. I informed her that I wasn't good enough to be a Christian. I didn't tell her that I was "enjoying" my sin, but I thought I was.