Why did you become a Christian.

daqq

Thanks Daqq that sounds genuine and I can relate to both your experiences. One false and then the true. One outwardly and one in power inwardly. Where have you been getting your teaching from? How long is it since you were saved?

Well, I did not say that either one was not genuine, (for one is likened to "the earnest of the Spirit" which we receive when we first believe, (imo)), but I became daqq Nov 6, 2006, (and met John Elias in good ole 1979).

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Well, I did not say that either one was not genuine, (for one is likened to "the earnest of the Spirit" which we receive when we first believe, (imo)), but I became daqq Nov 6, 2006, (and met John Elias in good ole 1979).

Who is John Elias?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I just told you. Who led you to Messiah? Do you remember the name of the person?

No person. God alone drew me to Himself by the power of His Holy Spirit.

I was led to faith by regeneration of the Holy Spirit, totally apart from any human influence, guidance, or anyone elses' "loving" care.

I was lost, and God saved me at home, one night when reading the
bible, in a matter of minutes, after a 30-year old life of sinful unbelief.

(You really need to reveal who John Elias is.)

daqq

(You really need to reveal who John Elias is.)

Uhmm, I already told you most of what I can remember about the messenger who preached the Gospel to me when I first believed, (1979). The only other necessary thing I actually left out was that it was by way of an old Jack Chick Bible Tract which he read from to preach and explain the Gospel to me, (it was very simple and easy to understand). I know a lot of people despise Jack Chick, (and I heard that he died recently), but it was one of his publications called "The Romans Road" which John used to preach to me the Gospel; and he left it with me, and I went home with it, studied it even more, and prayed about it all alone in my room. I actually came to believe before my mother did, (never knew my biological father). Why do you think I am even here? I actually do consider the people here brethren even though most of you hate me. :chuckle:

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Why do you think I am even here? I actually do consider the people here brethren even though most of you hate me. :chuckle:

You must be kidding? It would be unusual indeed for anyone to hate you from posting on the net. They may not like what you write, but I doubt seriously anyone, who is not wacky, really hates you.

daqq

You must be kidding? It would be unusual indeed for anyone to hate you from posting on the net. They may not like what you write, but I doubt seriously anyone, who is not wacky, really hates you.

You must be kidding? Those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man, for out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: these are the things which defile a man, (Matthew 15:18-20). Some of us around actually believe the Testimony of Messiah. The tree is known by its fruit: if it produces hate-filled diatribe then it is full of hate.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
You must be kidding? Those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man, for out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies: these are the things which defile a man, (Matthew 15:18-20). Some of us around actually believe the Testimony of Messiah. The tree is known by its fruit: if it produces hate-filled diatribe then it is full of hate.

good

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Thanks Daqq that sounds genuine and I can relate to both your experiences. One false and then the true. One outwardly and one in power inwardly. Where have you been getting your teaching from? How long is it since you were saved?

Duck ducks the trinity

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Lon

Why do you think I am even here? I actually do consider the people here brethren even though most of you hate me. :chuckle:

1) Shocked that you think any of us are brothers, because you tend to make polarizing comments that about deny any of us access to the Father.
2) I don't hate you. I hate your polarizing and self-elevating contempt of most of us, but not you. I just cannot carry on a discussion with you without you thinking you are in better graces with the Lord Jesus Christ as if there is a pecking order and you are on top (at least, that is how you convey yourself to most of us). Such leads back to the shock of #1 that you don't think we are all hell-bent. You have a way of making us/them sheep/goat comments that belie or push an idea that you are the Lord's meow and the rest of us are not at best, and are anathema to you and your Lord at worst.

3) I still don't think I can discuss scripture with you because old habits die hard and the posturizing simply has 'us/them' polarizing tenor to it, but I don't hate you. I have you on ignore because you debate harshly and it is your way and supposedly the Lord's way or the highway. You don't leave room for disagreement, even if we could use scripture to show you where you might be incorrect. You jump that gun as a pre-emptive to further discussion as if to protect your view against any onslaught. If it is from God, and stands scripturally, it shouldn't need this kind of posturing. TOL doesn't quite foster congenial dialogue, but going so far as to alienate people is too far for normal discussion. The difference between us and the way the Lord Jesus Christ treated the Pharisees is that He is the Lord Jesus Christ, we are not. To presume, imho, is delusional. I know only that God listens to my prayers. Why? It isn't because I am worthy, but because He is worthy. It doesn't mean all my theology ducks are in a row, but it does mean those who would accuse me might want to reconsider their own walk with God. Romans 14:4 Colossians 4:6 Honestly, you boldly march where angels do not tread, with oft accusing words. It is why you received a warning. -Lon

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
1) Shocked that you think any of us are brothers, because you tend to make polarizing comments that about deny any of us access to the Father.
2) I don't hate you. I hate your polarizing and self-elevating contempt of most of us, but not you. I just cannot carry on a discussion with you without you thinking you are in better graces with the Lord Jesus Christ as if there is a pecking order and you are on top (at least, that is how you convey yourself to most of us). Such leads back to the shock of #1 that you don't think we are all hell-bent. You have a way of making us/them sheep/goat comments that belie or push an idea that you are the Lord's meow and the rest of us are not at best, and are anathema to you and your Lord at worst.
3) I still don't think I can discuss scripture with you because old habits die hard and the posturizing simply has 'us/them' polarizing tenor to it, but I don't hate you. I have you on ignore because you debate harshly and it is your way and supposedly the Lord's way or the highway. You don't leave room for disagreement, even if we could use scripture to show you where you might be incorrect. You jump that gun as a pre-emptive to further discussion as if to protect your view against any onslaught. If it is from God, and stands scripturally, it shouldn't need this kind of posturing. TOL doesn't quite foster congenial dialogue, but going so far as to alienate people is too far for normal discussion. Colossians 4:6

Does he hurt your pride Lon.

You are the one speaking down to people here most often and banning people from threads when they disagree with your theology.

So just wear it that you are only great in your own eyes.

I did not see you lecturing John W for what he said of believers.

LA

Post script-

I would not even share my most personal encounter with the Lord here, because many would only despise me even more than they do now.

Lon

Does he hurt your pride Lon.
:nono: Project much? Butt into conversations much?

You are the one speaking down to people here most often and banning people from threads when they disagree with your theology.
Like here, because you are trolling. Too bad, no?

So just wear it that you are only great in your own eyes.
Cultists get the back hand. Dogs get scraps. We all choose our position. The gentile woman 'could' have been a proselyte if she wanted to have been. Agree? You make your own bed by your own theology. One thing a cultist never seems to understand is he/she is supposed to be part of the body. You don't even try to understand, just usurp. Do you realize this is the cult MO and why it is bad?

I did not see you lecturing John W for what he said of believers.

LA
1) He has corrected me and I've accepted those corrections 2) I constantly agree that he is mean. Mean doesn't bother me as much if I see love behind it. For whatever reason, John W has a love for me. I realize other's don't have that same relationship. 3) You wouldn't know if I lecture him because if I ever do/did, it would be biblical, just between he and I in PM's and pos reps (and I have). 4) It would be none of your business. Matthew 18:15

Post script-

I would not even share my most personal encounter with the Lord here, because many would only despise me even more than they do now.
I don't have you on ignore. I disagree with your Christology very much, but I don't have you on ignore. Try to realize that you make your own bed with any theology against the church. You MUST accept your dissonance as well as the repercussions from it. If it is salvific, and you have a message, then you take it as Jeremiah took it. If not, you've been foolish, no?

daqq

3) I still don't think I can discuss scripture with you because old habits die hard and the posturizing simply has 'us/them' polarizing tenor to it, but I don't hate you. I have you on ignore because you debate harshly and it is your way and supposedly the Lord's way or the highway. You don't leave room for disagreement, even if we could use scripture to show you where you might be incorrect. You jump that gun as a pre-emptive to further discussion as if to protect your view against any onslaught. If it is from God, and stands scripturally, it shouldn't need this kind of posturing. TOL doesn't quite foster congenial dialogue, but going so far as to alienate people is too far for normal discussion. The difference between us and the way the Lord Jesus Christ treated the Pharisees is that He is the Lord Jesus Christ, we are not. To presume, imho, is delusional. I know only that God listens to my prayers. Why? It isn't because I am worthy, but because He is worthy. It doesn't mean all my theology ducks are in a row, but it does mean those who would accuse me might want to reconsider their own walk with God. Romans 14:4 Colossians 4:6 Honestly, you boldly march where angels do not tread, with oft accusing words. It is why you received a warning. -Lon

You asked me not to respond to you anymore in one of your own many hate-filled diatribes here:

:doh: You are SO self-righteous as 'god' that whatever I say to you MUST be against the Lord Jesus Christ Himself. I simply said you posted those scriptures with a wicked delight. Oh, you sure did! The glee is right there as you ripped off one passages after another after another enraptured. Why did you do it? Because of the glee and self-vindication. You put your 'chuckles' in thread and when anyone takes the 'bait' you rip off three or four of these beauties every time. I'll say it again: You can't help talking to me. You know I have you on ignore, yet you wickedly and gleefully address me with your loll's and chuckles of feigned superiority. I've already told you, you don't have the scriptural prowess for me. You'll never (NEVER) be able to teach me a thing because of it and because of your disdain for sacred discussion. You treat Him, it, and us, as mundane and common. There are scripture against this kind of thing, yet you, in your prideful flesh, can't help but to try to 'one-up' me (and fail) yet again. This is just your latest desperate and sad attempt to put me in my proverbial place. And if you can't, then you'll "surely call down the fires of heaven!" Don't lie. You just did.

:nono: Your juvenile (and incredibly arrogant despite your lack of prowess) and false understanding 'refutes me.' Great, I stand soundly corrected by a kindergartener. So and what? Are you impressed, even with yourself? Are you? What WAS the purpose of this repetitive outburst? You know NO other way to debate on TOL. This is your standard fare. It is 'why' I have you on ignore (I know, I know, I shouldn't have taken you off, I'm about to correct that mistake....give me just a moment longer)

You are just a vile person, Daqq. You are no 'god' of mine. You are mean (silence. right? you know it is true). You are arrogant (silence again, right? You know you are proud of yourself). You are rude (silence. Can be no doubt). and You are an accuser of the bretheren (silence). Back on iggy you go. Rage all you like, I'm done wasting my time. Please do not respond to anything I post to another who isn't you, in thread from now on or I will report you for stalking and not following my wishes. Don't talk to me again. It is a request, but with some weight behind it. You and I do not get along and never will. We should ignore one another. Whether you place me on ignore or not is your choice, but don't bait me again. Don't talk to me again. -Lon
"Ye are gods" - Reply#35

That is also the same place where you yourself could not stop accusing me of being a Mormon over and above all the rest of your other false accusations in hate-filled murderous rampage diatribes in that same thread, (and many other places and threads in this board, which I can only imagine is where your fellow Calvinist, Nang, gets the accusation from).

But since you demanded that I not speak to you anymore why then are you responding to me again here and now? especially when all I did was answer the thread and share some of my testimony? Are you so special and that others cannot speak to you unless you first decide to grace them with your words? Whosoever hates his brother is a murderer; and you know that no murderer has eternal life dwelling in him, (1John 3:15). Please leave me alone.

Lon

You asked me not to respond to you anymore in one of your own many hate-filled diatribes here
:think: So the 'first' thing you do, when you think people hate you, is bring up the past? Are you sure you think people are your brothers and sisters here on TOL and are you sure you are concerned about whether people hate you or not? Maybe you just don't know how to do this discussion thing, but you need to realize you polarize.
I was, in a moment of weakness for breaking our mutual ignore, trying to tell you, kindly and with good intention, that I don't hate you.

That is also the same place where you yourself could not stop accusing me of being a Mormon over and above all the rest of your other false accusations in hate-filled murderous rampage diatribes in that same thread, (and many other places and threads in this board, which I can only imagine is where your fellow Calvinist, Nang, gets the accusation from).
Not in that post, I didn't discuss Mormonism. Whether you are or not, wasn't meant to be an 'accusation' it was a presumption based on your poor theology. "If" your theology were assailable, people would talk to you. As far as me entering thread with you again, it was shock. I just said so. In hopes that you truly meant it, I engaged you, but it seems that your general comment didn't extend to me. You have to see, in yourself, that your standard fare is to marginalize another, and then call down the wrath of God much like the sons of thunder. There is no discussion to be had on TOL with such a person, just marginalizing that makes you a scripture thumping schoolyard bully. You attack the church and then think people are going to appreciate you for it? You'd better show the credentials and "The Lord's Anointed" badge. When you try and hold something over another believer, you start polarizing them before they ever come under the condemnation that you are about to propose, as soon as they disagree with you. The way you argue, is to marginalize right from the get-go. You make every discussion venial and for me, it is wicked, even if you don't mean to do it. You've done this to everyone. There has to be a point where you either recognize God has called you to be a Jeremiah, and that people are going to dislike you, therefore you better be 100% sure God is calling you (there are no prophets since the Lord Jesus Christ, to date). Else you need to realize you are too pushy and overt and that it, itself, causes problems.

But since you demanded that I not speak to you anymore why then are you responding to me again here and now? especially when all I did was answer the thread and share some of my testimony? Are you so special and that others cannot speak to you unless you first decide to grace them with your words? Whosoever hates his brother is a murderer; and you know that no murderer has eternal life dwelling in him, (1John 3:15). Please leave me alone.
Er, you just posted a chuckle icon that people 'hated you.' As I said, I wanted to know if I was included in your moment of sincerity. Thanks for making that clear. If you post, I'll let you have the last word and we can go on ignoring one another. I don't hate you. I just cannot carry on a reasonable conversation with you. For me, you are just too caustic, too accusatory. -Lon

daqq

:think: So the 'first' thing you do, when you think people hate you, is bring up the past? Are you sure you think people are your brothers and sisters here on TOL and are you sure you are concerned about whether people hate you or not? Maybe you just don't know how to do this discussion thing, but you need to realize you polarize.
I was, in a moment of weakness for breaking our mutual ignore, trying to tell you, kindly and with good intention, that I don't hate you.

Not in that post, I didn't discuss Mormonism. Whether you are or not, wasn't meant to be an 'accusation' it was a presumption based on your poor theology. "If" your theology were assailable, people would talk to you. As far as me entering thread with you again, it was shock. I just said so. In hopes that you truly meant it, I engaged you, but it seems that your general comment didn't extend to me. You have to see, in yourself, that your standard fare is to marginalize another, and then call down the wrath of God much like the sons of thunder. There is no discussion to be had on TOL with such a person, just marginalizing that makes you a scripture thumping schoolyard bully. You attack the church and then think people are going to appreciate you for it? You'd better show the credentials and "The Lord's Anointed" badge. When you try and hold something over another believer, you start polarizing them before they ever come under the condemnation that you are about to propose, as soon as they disagree with you. The way you argue, is to marginalize right from the get-go. You make every discussion venial and for me, it is wicked, even if you don't mean to do it. You've done this to everyone. There has to be a point where you either recognize God has called you to be a Jeremiah, and that people are going to dislike you, therefore you better be 100% sure God is calling you (there are no prophets since the Lord Jesus Christ, to date). Else you need to realize you are too pushy and overt and that it, itself, causes problems.

Er, you just posted a chuckle icon that people 'hated you.' As I said, I wanted to know if I was included in your moment of sincerity. Thanks for making that clear. If you post, I'll let you have the last word and we can go on ignoring one another. I don't hate you. I just cannot carry on a reasonable conversation with you. For me, you are just too caustic, too accusatory. -Lon

The past? That was the last time we spoke and it was not very long ago. You are wasting your time because I am not reading your diatribes anymore, including this one. Again, please leave me alone, just as you also asked me to do, and I respected your demand until you responded to me here. You are clearly trying to pick a fight and now derailing this thread. I'm out of this thread unless someone else besides you responds to me.

Reactions: Lon