Why did you become a Christian.

Truster

I know Him as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianist who you call Christian.

Why did you become a Christian.

1 Did you think that going to Church and being obedient would be rewarded with favour?
2 Was it the fact that in church you might meet the ideal husband/wife?
3 Is going to church a habit or natural progression from being brought up in a Christian home?
4 Do you think that going to church is the right thing to do and you want to be seen as doing the right thing?
5 You’ve always been a christian and if you didn’t go to church, what would people think or say?
6 You are an incorrigibly superstitious person and you don’t want bad luck by not going to church?

This list is obviously not exhaustive and I would be interested in any other reasons.

In 300 AD christianity was in the minority within the great Empire of Rome. By 400 AD it was the official religion of the Empire and was practised by almost everyone.
In those days the answer to the question why did you become a christian would have been answer 1 and/or 4 and 6.

If 3 is the answer. Do you still attend the same church or denomination.

Last edited:

Truster

PS Even if you cannot answer in public please, please do so in private.

I was being interviewed by a local police officer three weeks ago. After fifteen minutes or so he asked what it is I do for a living. I said that I help people to dig their heads out of the sand. He smiled and said, I imagine you do just that.

Please start digging.

oatmeal

I liked what I was hearing about God and about His son Jesus Christ and what they did for us. I wanted the truth of God and His Son in my life and to live it.

I wanted to love like Jesus Christ loved

Truster

PS it is always my intention to point to the Throne of The Father and Messiah, not a pedestal, but you being wicked, would not see nor comprehend that.

Truster

You reap what you sow.

You have been managed to insult people in most of your threads, and boast of your holiness.

You boast that God chose you to be the elect.

My holiness is a created holiness that is my portion in this land of the living. Along with the other gifts bestowed upon this unworthy man.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
My holiness is a created holiness that is my portion in this land of the living. Along with the other gifts bestowed upon this unworthy man.

You see, you are so sleazy and clever, disguised as humble.

You talk like serpent.

You don't even disguise as a wolf. You are plain wolf with your venomous words.

Have you read Jesus' word yet?

Truster

You see, you are so sleazy and clever, disguised as humble.

You talk like serpent.

You don't even disguise as a wolf. You are plain wolf with your venomous words.

Have you read Jesus' word yet?

Truth is sleazy and clever? Sounds like something your father said when he questioned and tempted my Brother in the wilderness.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I have things to do. I have to go but I will be back exposing your deceitfulness.

I will expose you don't even know what Jesus teaches.

blessings.

Truster

I liked what I was hearing about God and about His son Jesus Christ and what they did for us. I wanted the truth of God and His Son in my life and to live it.

I wanted to love like Jesus Christ loved

Anyone who is called, "a religious reprobate" by Roberto Paté must have some knowledge of the truth and the ability to separate the good from the vile. So the next question has to be:

Are you a regenerate man who trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1 Did you think that going to Church and being obedient would be rewarded with favour?
Nah.
2 Was it the fact that in church you might meet the ideal husband/wife?
Nah.
3 Is going to church a habit or natural progression from being brought up in a Christian home?
Nah.
4 Do you think that going to church is the right thing to do and you want to be seen as doing the right thing?
Nah.
5 You’ve always been a christian and if you didn’t go to church, what would people think or say?
Nah.
6 You are an incorrigibly superstitious person and you don’t want bad luck by not going to church?
Nah.