Who is Jesus Christ?

Robert Pate

Banned
That is one way to look at it. I only use the word soul because I was brought up a Catholic and that is the term they use for the infinite and eternal part of us. The thing about the soul that I find to be different from the spirit is that it is an internal phenomenon that has always been one with God and always will be. The connotation one can take from spirit is that it is somehow separate and apart from God, thus giving us the idea that the spirit returns to where it came (and also the idea that there was a time when the Holy Spirit was not with us as many believe it did not come until after Jesus breathed on the apostles). The truth I found is that God is always everywhere so how can the spirit return to God if it never left? The distinction I am making is that the soul is one with God. I find this to be the bottom line of the scriptures but somehow there always seems to be something more important. I think we can substitute spirit for soul and almost use these words interchangeably but please mark my point: we are one with God because of the soul.

The only ones that are one with God and posses his Holy Spirit are those who have come to Christ to be saved by him.

Paul said to the Galatians... "Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith?" (hearing and believing the Gospel)

The Holy Spirit is only given to those who hear and believe the Gospel. If you are not trusting in the saving work of Christ you are void of the spirit.

Prizebeatz1

Are you saying you do not know the flesh? Paul our apostle said we do not recognize anybody according to the flesh.

Story? This is not respect.

I did. It does not exist. You are either a slave to sin, or to righteousness. Which one are you? How did it get that way? Just wondering.

I am going to disengage here because I don't see the value of any of this.

Prizebeatz1

The only ones that are one with God and posses his Holy Spirit are those who have come to Christ to be saved by him.

Paul said to the Galatians... "Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith?" (hearing and believing the Gospel)

The Holy Spirit is only given to those who hear and believe the Gospel. If you are not trusting in the saving work of Christ you are void of the spirit.

I used to think the same thing. Then I had a spiritual awakening that showed me something different. The basic bottom line is pretty much the same but we all have a part of ourselves known as the soul. It is one with God. This is the true meaning of Christ. I found it is not a literal interpretation. Christ is the symbol for the soul. The raising of the dead man is about re-connecting with the part of ourselves that we left behind in childhood. We are resurrected and born again. I experienced a miraculous healing of an unconscious lack of self-worth. I didn't even know this to be a problem but I was in fact holding onto my beliefs because without them I thought I was nothing. It was the opposite. I found the soul to be the cornerstone the builders rejected and buried which is an inconvenient truth. Most clergy advise the soul is a part of us but we are not a part of it. But where exactly does it say this? Yet it still lives on forever, just like Jesus in the gospels. I don't think this is a coincidence. Do you?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
That is one way to look at it. I only use the word soul because I was brought up a Catholic and that is the term they use for the infinite and eternal part of us. The thing about the soul that I find to be different from the spirit is that it is an internal phenomenon that has always been one with God and always will be. The connotation one can take from spirit is that it is somehow separate and apart from us and the idea that the spirit returns to where it came (as in there was a time when the Holy Spirit was not with us as many believe it did not come until after Jesus breathed on the apostles). The truth I found is that God is always everywhere so how can the spirit return to God if it never left? This is to what the being born pure of a virgin points. The unconditional, universal, undivided presence of the soul. There is no time or place that it isn't. The distinction I am making is that the soul is one with God. I find this to be the bottom line of the scriptures but somehow there always seems to be something more important. I think we can substitute spirit for soul and almost use these words interchangeably but please mark my point: we are one with God because of the soul.

You might like talking to freelight. :rapture:

drbrumley

Merry Christmas my friends,

Who is Jesus you ask? Well, He was Mary's Little Lamb.

It was a special Lamb, a slain Lamb, a saving Lamb. In this Christimas season, are you washed in the blood of the Lamb? You might expect to hear about lambs at Easter--but at CHRISTMAS? In reality, a Lamb is indeed the focal point of every nativity scene. Consider the gift of the sacrifcial Lamb God sent to redeem you and me!

Mary's Little Lamb

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I used to think the same thing. Then I had a spiritual awakening that showed me something different. The basic bottom line is pretty much the same but we all have a part of ourselves known as the soul. It is one with God. This is the true meaning of Christ. I found it is not a literal interpretation. Christ is the symbol for the soul. The raising of the dead man is about re-connecting with the part of ourselves that we left behind in childhood. We are resurrected and born again. I experienced a miraculous healing of an unconscious lack of self-worth. I didn't even know this to be a problem but I was in fact holding onto my beliefs because without them I thought I was nothing. It was the opposite. I found the soul to be the cornerstone the builders rejected and buried which is an inconvenient truth. Most clergy advise the soul is a part of us but we are not a part of it. But where exactly does it say this? Yet it still lives on forever, just like Jesus in the gospels. I don't think this is a coincidence. Do you?

Prizebeatz1...meet freelight.

"Other"

Moonbeams.

Sigh.

AMR

Elia

“Try to explain the Trinity, and you may lose your mind; Deny it, and you may lose your soul.”

It is Bible doctrine. The only reason we believe it is because the Bible teaches it.

Bs"d

The word "trinity" or "triune" is NOWHERE to be found in the Bible.

NOWHERE does the Bible say that God is three or three in one.

If somebody says that the Bible teaches the trinity, then he is a liar and the truth is not in him.

The WHOLE BIBLE, even the NT, teaches that God is ONE, see HERE.

שמע ישראל י-ה-ו-ה אלהנו י-ה-ו-ה אחד

Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our God, Y-H-W-H is
ONE.​

And you shall love Y-H-W-H your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might.
And these words which I command you this day shall be upon your heart;
and you shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
And you shall bind them as a sign upon your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
Deut 6:4-9

drbrumley

Bs"d

The word "trinity" or "triune" is NOWHERE to be found in the Bible.

NOWHERE does the Bible say that God is three or three in one.

The WHOLE BIBLE, even the NT, teaches that God is ONE.

And you shall love Y-H-W-H your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might.
And these words which I command you this day shall be upon your heart;
and you shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
And you shall bind them as a sign upon your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
Deut 6:4-9

All true....and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Elia

Immanuel -God with us.

Bs"d

Because of the fact that the name of the son is "Mighty God", (or "God is Mighty", both are possible translations) and "Eternals Father", the Christians deduce that the boy spoken about must have been God.
HOWEVER, a name is only that; a name. A name is not a description of the bearer of that name. An example: Buffalo Bill was not a buffalo. The indian chief Sitting Bull was not a bull.
Many times people in the Bible have in their name the word "God", or the name of God, but that doesn't mean that those people are God. For instance; in Exodus 6:23 is spoken about a man called "Elazar". That means "God is helper", or "Helping God". But that doesn't mean that that man was God.
Exodus 6:24; "Elkanah", that means "God acquired", or "acquiring God". II Samuel 22:19; "Elchanan"; "God is merciful", or "Merciful God". But these men were not God, just like the the child in Isaiah 9 wasn't God.

And the same holds true for the child from Isaiah 7.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction. The Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say: “Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.”"
Jer 16:19

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Bs"d

Because of the fact that the name of the son is "Mighty God", (or "God is Mighty", both are possible translations) and "Eternals Father", the Christians deduce that the boy spoken about must have been God.
HOWEVER, a name is only that; a name. A name is not a description of the bearer of that name. An example: Buffalo Bill was not a buffalo. The indian chief Sitting Bull was not a bull.
Many times people in the Bible have in their name the word "God", or the name of God, but that doesn't mean that those people are God. For instance; in Exodus 6:23 is spoken about a man called "Elazar". That means "God is helper", or "Helping God". But that doesn't mean that that man was God.
Exodus 6:24; "Elkanah", that means "God acquired", or "acquiring God". II Samuel 22:19; "Elchanan"; "God is merciful", or "Merciful God". But these men were not God, just like the the child in Isaiah 9 wasn't God.

And the same holds true for the child from Isaiah 7.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction. The Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say: “Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.”"

This posting is where all your arguments stand or fall

'A name is only that, a name.'

That is a fact.

Now here is the answer

The entire universe is held together by the name Jesus Christ.

Power baby. Real power. You have no power. You will never have any power. You can't even defeat Santa Clause. But you think that you will defeat the true and living God whose name is Jesus of Nazereth which is by interpretation

GOD WITH US

Prizebeatz1

That is a fact.

Now here is the answer

Power baby. Real power. You have no power. You will never have any power. You can't even defeat Santa Clause. But you think that you will defeat the true and living God whose name is Jesus of Nazereth which is by interpretation

GOD WITH US

This is true but not literally. I've found Jesus Christ is a metaphor for the soul. Jesus is symbolism for the soul and the enemy is the personality which separates us. The soul includes an infinite feeling of value, worth and significance. It's one with God. There are no substitutes. We are therefore one with the power that holds the universe together. That power is akin to an empty void. No one really wants to face this empty void. The personality's job is to separate us from it at all costs. Herein lies an unconscious desire to separate from God. People think the void will obliterate us when it's just the opposite. Every single belief we hold onto creates further separation. The harder we hold on the further the separation. Little do we know we are running away from God. The path to God includes letting go of all beliefs the final one being belief in the personality as our identity. Who is willing to sacrifice their idea of self and crucify their personality?

I've found humanity affected by the tendency for judgement as we've bitten from the fruit of the tree of good and evil. We don't know when to put the tool of judgement down. For instance, most people judge the empty void that becomes apparent when we let go of our beliefs as bad. We avoid it like the plague but I tell you it is the very gateway to salvation. This void is part of us and we are part of it. It is infinite and eternal. Avoiding the void is pretty much self-rejection and it causes people to be torn apart inside. Most people don't even know this to be a problem and the enemy prefers it that way. We are alienated from God because we don't know the soul. Yet the soul is necessary for our well-being. Humanity is lost without it. This IMO is the real meaning behind the story of Jesus Christ.

Elia

That is a fact.

Now here is the answer

Bs"d

From where do you get that weird idea?

"Serve Y-H-W-H! And if it seems evil to you to serve Y-H-W-H, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell.
But as for me and my house, we will serve Y-H-W-H!

Joshua 24:14-15

heir

TOL Subscriber
This is true but not literally. I've found Jesus Christ is a metaphor for the soul. Jesus is symbolism for the soul and the enemy is the personality which separates us. The soul includes an infinite feeling of value, worth and significance. It's one with God. There are no substitutes. We are therefore one with the power that holds the universe together. That power is akin to an empty void. No one really wants to face this empty void. The personality's job is to separate us from it at all costs. Herein lies an unconscious desire to separate from God. People think the void will obliterate us when it's just the opposite. Every single belief we hold onto creates further separation. The harder we hold on the further the separation. Little do we know we are running away from God. The path to God includes letting go of all beliefs the final one being belief in the personality as our identity. Who is willing to sacrifice their idea of self and crucify their personality?

I've found humanity affected by the tendency for judgement as we've bitten from the fruit of the tree of good and evil. We don't know when to put the tool of judgement down. For instance, most people judge the empty void that becomes apparent when we let go of our beliefs as bad. We avoid it like the plague but I tell you it is the very gateway to salvation. This void is part of us and we are part of it. It is infinite and eternal. Avoiding the void is pretty much self-rejection and it causes people to be torn apart inside. Most people don't even know this to be a problem and the enemy prefers it that way. We are alienated from God because we don't know the soul. Yet the soul is necessary for our well-being. Humanity is lost without it. This IMO is the real meaning behind the story of Jesus Christ.
God shall judge the secrets of you by Jesus Christ according to Paul's gospel!

Romans 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

If you don't trust the Lord believing Paul's gospel (1 Coerinthians 15:1-4 KJV) make no metaphorical mistake about it, you shall perish (2 Thessalonians 2:10 KJV)!

Prizebeatz1

God shall judge the secrets of you by Jesus Christ according to Paul's gospel!

Romans 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

If you don't trust the Lord believing Paul's gospel (1 Coerinthians 15:1-4 KJV) make no metaphorical mistake about it, you shall perish (2 Thessalonians 2:10 KJV)!

I've found that those who are waiting for a judgement day to arrive have already perished. God is a God of the living, not the dead. Heaven and salvation are right here and right now only in this exact moment and nowhere else. The harder we try avoid this the further we get from God.

The fear of judgement comes from the enemy of the personality. This enemy is a part of us that takes unconscious pleasure and comfort in building its own foundation. It avoids what is infinite and eternal. Try letting go of all your beliefs and watch what it does. Notice the intensity with which it attaches to belief. This is the adversary, the personality or who we take ourselves to be. This identity is an imitation of something much much greater which is the soul. The soul is our true identity. Do not be deceived any longer.

I found our identification with the adversary has a long history. It has been passed down from previous generations. It is symbolized as a serpent because it survives by avoiding detection. Once we begin to shine some light on it and question its motive and what it is trying to do then its power diminishes. This enemy is trying to divide us from what is infinite and eternal because it is trying to avoid the pain of emptiness and worthlessness. It doesn't realize that the soul is the source of self-worth so it has to get it from somewhere else. Beliefs, traditions, technology, religion, relationships, beer, sex, etc. Everything it does is based on avoiding pain and feeling the pleasures of a foundation, security, stability, etc. It tempts us to reach for something in the future or to dwell in the past. The truth is there is nothing but the now. There are forces at play that would rather not have us know any of this.

I think Paul's version of the message of Jesus is a little skewed. Paul was a Jew living in ancient Rome and he therefore emphasized sacrifice and crucifixion. I don't think this is the message God intended us to remember. I think the story of Jesus was trying to tell us we are one with God because of the soul. This message was lost because of misunderstanding and misinterpretation. I also don't think it's too wise to depend on the scriptures for salvation. Salvation is already accomplished in the soul. The bible is a tool that can guide us but ultimately it points to something much much bigger and better than expected. This is your soul and it is one with God. I find this to be the true good news gospel message. Peace.

Last edited:

Ben Masada

Who is Jesus Christ?

Jesus is dead, and he was not "Christ". His name was Yeshua ben Yoseph. "Christ" was an addition to his name made by Paul if you read II Tim. 2:8.

Robert Pate

Banned
Merry Christmas my friends,

Who is Jesus you ask? Well, He was Mary's Little Lamb.

It was a special Lamb, a slain Lamb, a saving Lamb. In this Christimas season, are you washed in the blood of the Lamb? You might expect to hear about lambs at Easter--but at CHRISTMAS? In reality, a Lamb is indeed the focal point of every nativity scene. Consider the gift of the sacrifcial Lamb God sent to redeem you and me!

Mary's Little Lamb

I don't care for nativity scenes. I don't think that the Lord cares for them either.

How would you like it if someone passed your baby pictures around every time you had a birthday?

Jesus is no longer in the manger, nor is he on the cross as some Catholics think he is.

When Jesus appears he will appear as the... "King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16.

Zeke

Bs"d

He is somebody who claimed to be the messiah, but who failed to fulfil the messianic prophecies.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, My refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say: “Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.”"

The story represented through the life of Jesus is teaching us to look within to find God's Kingdom Luke 17:20-21, Revealed to us by figurative scripts earth/world/Land/city/house/temple/heaven/hell not built with hands, the Tabernacle of flesh is the stage all those propts point inwardly to Galatians 4:24-28, Anything, doctrinal that sends you on a journey away from you're own kingdom of inheritance to look for it is a deception, sweet to the taste but sour's in the stomach until we wake up and return Luke 15:45.

Zeke

Glittery Theology, white washed institutions patronizing the world while claiming to be teaching about the kingdom not of it. Missing the allegory behind the facade of the literal. SIGH..................................................................