Who is Jesus Christ?

Robert Pate

Banned
The last time I did this was in 2008. I have tried to cover all of the things in the bible that describes who Jesus is. I am sure that I have missed something that describes who Jesus is. If you can think of something I will add it to the article.

The Bible does not really tell us all that there is to know about Jesus. John wrote that all of the books of the world could not describe all of the things that Jesus did, John 20:21, 25. I think that John was trying to say that Jesus is beyond words. Paul refered to Jesus as the unspeakable gift, 2 Corinthians 9:15. Peter said, "To know him and believe in him is joy unspeakable and full of glory" 1 Peter 1:8.

This article is a little lengthy. Please bear with me.

John wrote, "We have heard him, we have seen him, we have touched him and bear witness that this is the eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested unto us" 1 John 1:1,2. Jesus said , I have come that you might have life, and that you might have it more abundantly, John 10:10. Jesus is the abundant life. John said that Jesus is the word of God that was made flesh and dwelt among us, full of grace and truth, John 1:14.

Jesus is the light of humanity. "In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And this is the condemnation that light has come into the world, but men loved darkness rather than the light, because their deeds are evil. For everyone that does evil hates the light, nor will they come to the light that their deeds may be exposed. But he that does the truth the will come to the light that his deeds will be exposed that they are wrought in God" John 3:19-21.

Jesus is the eternal Son of God. He has always existed. He is the second person of the Godhead, "For by him all things were created, he is before all things and by him all things exist" Colossians 1:16, 17.

Jesus Christ is God's new creation, 2 Corinthians 5:17. He is also the new Adam and our new humanity. Our old Adamic humanity was put to death in Christ, Romans 6:6. "If any man be in Christ he is a new creation". His mission was to come into this world and clothe himself in our humanity. He is our representative. His mission was to do for us that which we cannot do for ourselves. His acceptance into heaven is our assurance that his mission was sucessful, Hebrews 1:3. Jesus Christ is indeed the savior of the whole world.

Jesus said, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the ending". He is the full and eternal revelation of God. All that we will ever know about God has been revealed to us in Jesus Christ. "In him dwells all of the fullness of the Godhead bodily" Colossians 2:9.

Jesus is the final authority. "I am he that was dead; and behold I am alive evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and death" Revelation 1:8. Jesus said, "All power is given unto me in heaven and on earth" Matthew 28:18. Satan has been defeated and is under the control of Christ.

Jesus is the Lord of Lords and the King of Kings, Revelation 19:16. He is the just judge, John 5:30. Of all the things that were created by Christ, man is the crown of his creation. The love that Christ has for fallen man is beyond human comprehension. Paul said, "What shall separate us from the love of God that is in Jesus Christ?" The answer is nothing.

Jesus is the bread of life. Jesus said, "I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat this bread, he shall live forever: and the bread that I give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world" John 6:51.

Jesus is the Good Shepherd. Jesus said, "I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd gives his life for the sheep" John 10:11. :And a stranger they will not follow, but they will flee from him; for they know not the voice of strangers.

Jesus is the door to the sheepfold, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that does not enter in by the sheepfold by the door, but climbs in some other way is the same as a thief and a robber' John 10:1.

Jesus is the pearl of great price. Jesus said, "Again the Kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man seeking goodly pearls: who, when he has found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it" John 13:45.

Jesus is the Wonderful Counselor, The Mighty God, The Everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace and the goverment shall be upon his shoulder, Isaiah 9:6.

Jesus is the Bright and Morning Star. "I have sent my angel to testfiy unto you these things in the churches, I am the root and off spring of David and the bright and morning star" Revelation 22:16.

Jesus is the Lamb of God. "The next day John saw Jesus coming to him, and said, behold the Lamb of God which takes away the sins of the world" John 1:29.

Jesus is, "The way, The truth and the life: no man can come to the Father, but by him" John 14:6.

Jesus is God's great free gift to humanity. "Even so by the righteousness of one (Christ) the free gift (salvation) came upon all men unto justification of life" Romans 5:18.

Jesus is, The Resurrection and the Life. "He that believes in him though he were dead, yet shall he live" John 11:25.

Jesus is, The True Vine. Jesus said, "I am the true vine, you are the branches: He that abides in me, and I in him, the same will bring forth much fruit: for without me you can do nothing" John 15:5.

Jesus is our righteousness. "To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just , and the justifier of him that believes in Jesus" Romans 3:26.

Jesus is our mediator. "For there is one God and one mediator between god and man, the man Jesus Christ 1 Timothy 2:5.

Jesus is our high priest. "Seeing that we have a great high priest, that is pased into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession, Hebrews 4:14.

Jesus is our solid rock. "There is none as holy as our Lord: for there is none like him: neither is there any rock like our God" 1 Samuel 2:2.

Jesus Christ is more than you or I can comprehend. He is our life. "When Christ who is our life, shall appear, then shall you appear with him in glory" Colossians 3:4.

MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Colossians 1:15-20 KJV sums Who the Lord Jesus Christ is nicely!

Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Colossians 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Colossians 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Colossians 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

Colossians 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

journey

Jesus Christ is God the Son, one with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 1:21-25 KJV And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. 22. Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, 23. Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. 24. Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: 25. And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

Jesus Christ is The Word - the Creator.

John 1:1-3 KJV In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2. The same was in the beginning with God. 3. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Prizebeatz1

Missing the point?

Missing the point?

Is it possible that we've missed the point? I believe Jesus was a real man. I think the moral of the story of Jesus has been lost due to misinterpretation, however. The moral is we are one with God because of the soul. Jesus' story is symbolism for this. Is it a coincidence the soul is born pure of a virgin, miraculous, rejected and buried, yet still lives?

Bradley D

Is it possible that we've missed the point? I believe Jesus was a real man. I think the moral of the story of Jesus has been lost due to misinterpretation, however. The moral is we are one with God because of the soul. Jesus' story is symbolism for this. Is it a coincidence the soul is born pure of a virgin, miraculous, rejected and buried, yet still lives?

I believe that Jesus was fully man and fully divine. Jesus was the perfect man. He taught us how to live a godly life, died for our sins, and sent the Holy Spirit to reside within us to help us live as God wants us to live. Jesus is no coincidence.

keypurr

Colossians 1:15-20 KJV sums Who the Lord Jesus Christ is nicely!

Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Colossians 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Colossians 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Colossians 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

Colossians 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

We agree. The son is a creature, not God.

Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature

keypurr

Welcome to TOL.

They are mostly wrong.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Is it possible that we've missed the point?

Somebody has, for sure.

I believe Jesus was a real man.

Indeed!

Yep, there is one mediator between man and GOD, the man Jesus Christ!

I think the moral of the story of Jesus has been lost due to misinterpretation, however.

Yep, there's is lots of misinterpretation, but how would one know what the correct interpretation is?

The moral is we are one with God because of the soul.

The moral problem is that sin separates us from the Creator....GOD.

Jesus' story is symbolism for this.

Nope.

Is it a coincidence the soul is born pure of a virgin, miraculous, rejected and buried, yet still lives?

Is it coincidence that so many pervert the word of truth and impose psycho babble on an otherwise straight-forward plain literal meaning of the text.

Elia

Who is Jesus Christ?

Bs"d

He is somebody who claimed to be the messiah, but who failed to fulfil the messianic prophecies.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, My refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say: “Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.”"
Jer 16:19

Elia

Jesus is God.

Bs"d

No he is not.

There is only ONE God who is ONE, and that is Y-H-W-H.

For the finer details look HERE.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever.".

Micah 4:5

Elia

Jesus Christ is God the Son, one with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 1:21-25 KJV And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. 22. Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, 23. Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. 24. Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: 25. And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

Bs"d

For and in depth study of that prophecy about the young woman who was giving birth to a son, look HERE

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, My refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say: “Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.”"

Elia

Yep, there's is lots of misinterpretation, but how would one know what the correct interpretation is?

Bs"d

How about starting to use your brain?

That's why God gave it to you.

Robert Pate

Banned
Bs"d

No he is not.

There is only ONE God who is ONE, and that is Y-H-W-H.

For the finer details look HERE.

"For all people will walk every one in the name of his god, and we will walk in the name of Y-H-W-H our God for ever and ever.".

Micah 4:5

If Jesus is not God who was that, that turned water into wine, healed the sick, walked on water, stilled the storm, fed 5000, raised the dead?