Who is Jesus Christ?

Robert Pate

Banned
Bs"d

He is somebody who claimed to be the messiah, but who failed to fulfil the messianic prophecies.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, My refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say: “Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.”"
Jer 16:19

Jesus fulfilled every promise that God made to Israel.

Elia

If Jesus is not God who was that, that turned water into wine, healed the sick, walked on water, stilled the storm, fed 5000, raised the dead?

Bs"d

Somebody sent by God to test you:

If there arises among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams, and he gives you a sign or a wonder, and the sign or the wonder comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying, ‘Let us go after other gods’—which you have not known—‘and let us serve them,’ you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for Y-H-W-H your God is testing you to know whether you love Y-H-W-H your God with all your heart and with all your soul. You shall walk after Y-H-W-H your God and fear Him, and keep His commandments and obey His voice; you shall serve Him and hold fast to Him. But that prophet or that dreamer of dreams shall be put to death, because he has spoken in order to turn you away from Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt and redeemed you from the house of bondage, to entice you from the way in which Y-H-W-H your God commanded you to walk. So you shall put away the evil from your midst.

If anyone secretly entices you—even if it is your brother, your father’s son or your mother’s son, or your own son or daughter, or the wife you embrace, or your most intimate friend—saying, “Let us go worship other gods,” whom neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7*any of the gods of the peoples that are around you, whether near you or far away from you, from one end of the earth to the other, 8*you must not yield to or heed any such persons. Show them no pity or compassion and do not shield them. 9*But you shall surely kill them; your own hand shall be first against them to execute them, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10*Stone them to death for trying to turn you away from
Y-H-W-H your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery. 11*Then all Israel shall hear and be afraid, and never again do any such wickedness.
"
Deut 13

Elia

Jesus fulfilled every promise that God made to Israel.

Bs"d

Since he claimed to be the messiah, he should have fulfilled the messianic prophecies.

In that he failed.

Therefore he was not the messiah.

It really is that simple.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction. The Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say: “Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.”"

Robert Pate

Banned
Bs"d

Since he claimed to be the messiah, he should have fulfilled the messianic prophecies.

In that he failed.

Therefore he was not the messiah.

It really is that simple.

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, My refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say: “Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.”"

Start piling up rocks.

You are going to need them when Christ appears, Revelation 6:15-17.

Elia

Start piling up rocks.

You are going to need them when Christ appears, Revelation 6:15-17.

Bs"d

"O Y-H-W-H, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in the day of affliction. The Gentiles shall come to You from the ends of the earth and say: “Surely our fathers have inherited lies, worthlessness and unprofitable things.”"

Prizebeatz1

Your question makes no sense. Like hens teeth.

What about it doesn't make sense?

"""To know your soul is to know yourself. Who you are and what you are.

If you are honest with yourself you will know that you are a sinner, Romans 3:10."""

yes I know I am a sinner but I also know that is not what defines me. My sinful nature is only a very small part of me. My true identity is the soul. I behold the soul as the true lamb of God which takes away the sins of the world for which this Jesus character is a symbol.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What about it doesn't make sense?

How do you not know yourself?

My true identity is the soul.

Of course it is. Your mind, your consciousness is your soul. Your dead flesh is nothing.

The Lord Jesus Christ is not a "character". Show some respect.

I know I am a sinner but I also know that is not what defines me.

Actually it is. You are either a slave to sin, or a slave to righteousness. There is no third option.

Prizebeatz1

How do you not know yourself?

Of course it is. Your mind, your consciousness is your soul. Your dead flesh is nothing.

The Lord Jesus Christ is not a "character". Show some respect.

Actually it is. You are either a slave to sin, or a slave to righteousness. There is no third option.

I do know myself. I just don't identify with my personality because I know my soul. I also respect Jesus but he does have a role in a story so he is a character, no? If people take offense to this then it's their problem, not mine. Who said anything about a third option?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I do know myself. I just don't identify with my personality because I know my soul.

The word "soul" is psuche in the Greek and means breath.

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul. (Genesis 2:7 KJV)​

If deprived of air for very long a soul dies, the body decays and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

Robert Pate

Banned
I do know myself. I just don't identify with my personality because I know my soul. I also respect Jesus but he does have a role in a story so he is a character, no? If people take offense to this then it's their problem, not mine. Who said anything about a third option?

You don't identify with your personality?

Who do you identify with?

Prizebeatz1

The word "soul" is psuche in the Greek and means breath.

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul. (Genesis 2:7 KJV)​

If deprived of air for very long a soul dies, the body decays and the spirit returns to God who gave it.

That is one way to look at it. I only use the word soul because I was brought up a Catholic and that is the term they use for the infinite and eternal part of us. The thing about the soul that I find to be different from the spirit is that it is an internal phenomenon that has always been one with God and always will be. The connotation one can take from spirit is that it is somehow separate and apart from us and the idea that the spirit returns to where it came (as in there was a time when the Holy Spirit was not with us as many believe it did not come until after Jesus breathed on the apostles). The truth I found is that God is always everywhere so how can the spirit return to God if it never left? This is to what the being born pure of a virgin points. The unconditional, universal, undivided presence of the soul. There is no time or place that it isn't. The distinction I am making is that the soul is one with God. I find this to be the bottom line of the scriptures but somehow there always seems to be something more important. I think we can substitute spirit for soul and almost use these words interchangeably but please mark my point: we are one with God because of the soul.

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I just don't identify with my personality because I know my soul.

Are you saying you do not know the flesh? Paul our apostle said we do not recognize anybody according to the flesh.

I also respect Jesus but he does have a role in a story so he is a character, no?

Story? This is not respect.

Who said anything about a third option?

I did. It does not exist. You are either a slave to sin, or to righteousness. Which one are you? How did it get that way? Just wondering.