Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Originally posted by godrulz
Is Bob anti-Charismatic?

I am not familiar with Mid-Acts views.

I concur with Open Theism.

You're focusing on the details!

If you read The Plot you'll not only know the answer to your question but you'll know why it's the correct answer.

Just read this:readthis: and you'll see what I mean.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Clete Pfeiffer
You're focusing on the details!

If you read The Plot you'll not only know the answer to your question but you'll know why it's the correct answer.
Why does his book cost so much? If its such a helpful book for Christians, you'd think it would be at least affordable.
:confused:

frugalmom

Night Elf
The Plot is very detailed. It was some of the best money ever spent. That's coming from frugal me. :D We have some other Enyart products too. I have never known of anyone else who understands the Bible so well, and is excellent at teaching it.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Originally posted by Lucky8
Why does his book cost so much? If its such a helpful book for Christians, you'd think it would be at least affordable.
:confused:

Turbo is right.
Although I can't speak for Bob, I know that in the past he was willing to take what ever you can afford for any of his products including The Plot.
But to answer your question, I think he prices it the way he does because he's trying to fund a ministry with the proceeds. I happen to know that he's not selling miracles or promising riches from heaven or anything like that, so he has to make a living the old fashioned way.
You can call 1-888-8ENYART and ask about paying a little less if you like.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If my house was on fire I'd probably try to run in and get all my pictures first and then try to salvage up as much "bob stuff" as I could. :D

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Originally posted by Poly
If my house was on fire I'd probably try to run in and get all my pictures first and then try to salvage up as much "bob stuff" as I could. :D

PICTURES!
Who needs pictures!
:D

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Hey Poly,

Do you get Bob's monthly Bible study tapes? (I know, dumb question!)
Which is your favorite?

I personaly like the tapes on 'Genesis - The Fall' the best.

Clete

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Clete Pfeiffer
Hey Poly,

Do you get Bob's monthly Bible study tapes? (I know, dumb question!)
Which is your favorite?

I personaly like the tapes on 'Genesis - The Fall' the best.

Clete
The Fall is great. I liked the study on Timothy and Galatians as well.
What videos do you have? I have:
Mt. Moriah
Predestination vs. Freewill
Does God exist
Divorce and remarriage
Get out of the Matrix

Not to mention the many tapes we have of his shows.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Is Bob anti-Charismatic?

I am not familiar with Mid-Acts views.

I concur with Open Theism.

I hope to read the book. Based on Ch. 1, I do not understand what he means in the two columns. I would be surprised if any one man or book has an infallible grasp on all details of truth.

Why is everyone hesistant to answer simple questions about his views? We cannot all take the time or have the $ to read The Plot.

I may agree with much of the book, but if his conclusions negate Pentecostal distinctives, I will be curious about the credibility of every detail. A theology might seem self-consistent through a book, but critical evaluation may find weakness in some of the interpretations.

I do not agree with Hilston on many perspectives. His site had a critique of the book. I believe they both are mid-Acts (whatever that is), but Hilston may have had some legit. concerns about all the evidence in the book.

If I ask a question, it is for curiosity until I am able to buy the book. I realize reading it will develop the concepts better. What is the secret that one cannot whet one's appetite or help decide if it is worth getting? I hope when someone asks me simple questions, I do not give avoidance answers.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Scott
Do you have the Bob E. Decoder Ring? I've been searching far and wide for that little gem.:D
I really like the Bob Enyart video game!! :thumb:

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Clete, Poly,

How can you pick a fave?! As far as the monthy study, the Plot was good, then the next one was even better, then the next one better than that... :) Every tape in that study so far has turned up more treasure from the bottomless riches of Scripture.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Nineveh
Clete, Poly,

How can you pick a fave?!
Easy. Whatever I'm listening to or watching, at the time, is my favorite. :D

Scott

If I ask a question, it is for curiosity until I am able to buy the book. I realize reading it will develop the concepts better. What is the secret that one cannot whet one's appetite or help decide if it is worth getting? I hope when someone asks me simple questions, I do not give avoidance answers.

It could be that people don't want to answer your questions because they want you to be "convinced" by the way the book uniquely presents the information. They may feel that giving you a synopsis of the book will somehow cause you to be disinterested... because you would normally not agree with those viewpoints.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I understand that, but I often read books I disagree with. I glean what is helpful and insightful, and use the other stuff to refine my thinking or file it for future consideration. I do not think throwing the dog a bone would hurt. This book is not a salvation issue for me, so it is not the end of the world risking one person not buying it. The shroud of mystery is a bit disconcerting. A book review or synopsis of its contents should create curiosity, not disdain.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Scott
It could be that people don't want to answer your questions because they want you to be "convinced" by the way the book uniquely presents the information. They may feel that giving you a synopsis of the book will somehow cause you to be disinterested... because you would normally not agree with those viewpoints.
Scott, you hit the nail right on the head. You're exactly right. This is also the reason why Bob does not have a scripture index in the back of the book and it's also why the titles of the chapters have obscure meanings. The book is designed to be read from cover to cover.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Status
Not open for further replies.