Status
Not open for further replies.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Shimei
Bob really is a nice guy. It is funny because most people think he is mean when they see him on TV. In person you see how nice he is.
Ssshhhh. You'll ruin his rep.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Crow
Whispers, that is just too funny.

I am a Christian because of Bob Enyart. I originally started watching his show primarily for entertainment's sake--I used to get a big kick out of what a jerk Bob Enyart was. He was much more entertaining than a couple of my other favorite comedy shows--Ron Parsley and Benny Hinn.

Bob was really offensive. He mocked and criticized many things that I felt were perfectly OK, like sexual immorality, atheism (I was one at the time) and abortion. Then after the "Bible verse" warning, he'd show you in the Bible where God said how disgusting these things were.

A funny thing happened. I started to realize how disgusting the things I did and believed in were to God, if He existed. How utterly revolting my lifestyle was. I started thinking about how really evil it is to kill an unborn kid. I began to see "victimless" sexual crimes in terms of families destroyed and diseases being spread throughout society. Drugs in terms of babies born addicted, and kids neglected because daddy and mommy are stoned. My views were undergoing a gradual change.

I still didn't believe in God, but I was seeing consistancy in the Bible for the first time. And the Christ Bob Enyart talked about wasn't the puerile effeminate Christ I had learned about in church and Sunday school so many years earlier. I was hearing about a different Christ--one who spoke His mind, who didn't just stand around beaming benignly and saying pleasant things. I hauled out a Bible--yes, I had one lying around--and I started to look at things Bob had pointed out, and he was right. The things I had been taught that made me reject Christianity as the stuff of the do-gooders and mentally gelded..it wasn't in there.

I kept hearing about "The Plot" on the show. After deliberating for a month, I kicked $50 for Plot just to see what it was. At this point, the Christian religion wasn't looking as bad to me as it had. Of course, I could never do all the things you're required to do to go to heaven--never swear, never have a good time, and have your butt planted in a pew every Sunday. But Bob made a lot of sense most of the time, so I figured it would be a pretty good read.

I got "The Plot" early one afternoon 4 years ago. I couldn't put it down. Pieces started falling into place. I could see the stupid misconceptions I had explained, and I saw the Christian faith in it's entirety, the interrelation of the different sections of the Bible, the unity, logic in dealing with criminal acts, just a deluge of information. I think I read for about 14 hours straight. Early that morning I accepted Christ as savior. I had never seen Him, but He had been there all along--hidden by layers of man-made religion.

Whispers, if someone hears Bob Enyart and gets offended, then great. They need to be offended. They need to become so offended that they stop doing the revolting thing they're doing or thinking. And I don't know how much you know about Bob Enyart--probably not a lot--he criticizes the way he used to live and points it out to people as evil, and tells the consequences of his actions as an example so that others might avoid the pain he put himself through. He doesn't sugar coat, and he's not a hypocrite.

And as for that poor hypothetical homo listening to the radio that gets so hurt and offended by Bob Enyart blasting him--Good! He needs it! All of the nicey-nice people who tell him that Christ died for him and leave out the other part--that God says homosexuals should be put to death, and that they're vile and disgusting to God--those nice concillatory Christians are not helping that poor homo change his lifestyle. They are enablers. And they misrepresent God. They are either bait-and-switch salesmen, or so deceived in and of themselves that they simply do not know truth from lie.

I had laughed at the too pure for this world Christians that tried to win me over to their gelded vision of God for years. You can criticize Bob Enyart all you want, but the fact remains--I would not be a Christian if not for his attacks on the stupidity I did and believed.
Wow, Crow. I hadn't heard your testimony before. This is really great.

The world wants to vomit when they turn on your typical "God is love" evangelistic shows on the t.v. They make God look like a whimp and Jesus as a sissy. Bob Enyart has more respect for God than to portray Him in this false manner. When one who hates God turns in to a mamby pamby, Christian show all he wants to do is change the channel and head for the nearest barf bag and you've lost them. But when you have a show like Bob's, they still might hate it but they get mad and stay tuned. You don't lose them. Countless homosexuals, sexually permiscuous, atheists, etc. have been saved under his ministry and they all say the same thing. They were glad somebody cared enough to let them know they were headed for hell. WHY should those engaging in such sin want to change when you make it comfortable for them? They have the best of both worlds. They are loved by the world and the jello Christians (Christians with no backbones) and all the while, really looking at Christians as fools for being so "open" and weak. God says:
Proverbs 27:25
Open rebuke is better than love carefully concealed.

Ezekial 3:18
When I say to the wicked, "you shall surely die" and you give him no warning, nor speak to him of his wicked ways, that same man shall die in his iniquity but his blood I will require of your hand.

Ephesians 5:11
And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.

Matthew 24:9
....and you shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. (if everybody "loves" you, this may be reason for concern.)

Proverbs 11:20
Those who are of a perverse heart are an abomination to the Lord.

2 Chronicles 19:2
....shouldest thou help the ungodly and love them that hate the Lord?

Romans 12:9
Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.
(It is hypocritical to "love" that which is evil.)

Our God is a wise God. He knows that there is less chance for a sinner to become saved when you baby him and you're not bold enough to tell him of his doom. People today are scared to death that not everybody will like them. They've compromised the gospel to satisfy their own selfishness. If all hate you because you speak truth yet God loves you and is pleased over this WHO CARES!!

Crow

Originally posted by Whispers

QUOTE---All of the nicey-nice people who tell him that Christ died for him and leave out the other part--that God says homosexuals should be put to death, and that they're vile and disgusting to God

Please can you quote scripture here. I would like to explore this further with you.

1 Corinthians 6:9
Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders

Leviticus 18:22
'Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

Leviticus 20:13
'If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

those nice concillatory Christians are not helping that poor homo change his lifestyle. They are enablers. And they misrepresent God. They are either bait-and-switch salesmen, or so deceived in and of themselves that they simply do not know truth from lie.

Exactly the same could and regularly does get said about the Pastor and his followers. What would Jesus really think if he sat in on one of the Pastor's shows?

Jesus Christ was often blunt and offensive. He called people hypocrites, compared them to graves with a rotten corpse inside, called them dogs, etc. I don't think Jesus would have a problem with Bob's show. Now will you kindly show where Bob Enyart does not know the truth from a lie, or where he misrepresents God?

Last edited:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think the liberals today love Christian TV. It makes Christians look like blithering idiots and wimps who only talk about love, and or MONEY. Plant a seed today!

Paul & Jan Crouch...I mean BLAHHHHH what is their deal? Have you ever seen Jan and one of her puppet shows?

Benny Hinn is a fraud and should be arrested.

Mike Murdock, now that is comedy.

Last weekend I turned on TBN and saw "Davey & Goliath". That is the best thing they have going for them. "Oh Daveeee...."

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Shimei
I think the liberals today love Christian TV. It makes Christians look like blithering idiots and wimps who only talk about love, and or MONEY. Plant a seed today!

Paul & Jan Crouch...I mean BLAHHHHH what is their deal? Have you ever seen Jan and one of her puppet shows?

Benny Hinn is a fraud and should be arrested.

Mike Murdock, now that is comedy.

Last weekend I turned on TBN and saw "Davey & Goliath". That is the best thing they have going for them. "Oh Daveeee...."
I know what you mean. When I'm in the mood to sit down and watch a good comedy I turn it here.

frugalmom

Night Elf
Crow - thank you for sharing your testimony; I love hearing outcomes like this.:thumb:

Regarding the phony fundraising televangelists - they make me sick. I've seen brother scambuck on there time and time again begging for money so he can "burn your debt". Firepot in front of him too, and a counter on the corner of the screen saying how many lines are open. Then they all go crazy clapping and singing when the lines are full. Never anything on how to get saved - just always using Jesus' name to try and make money.:madmad: They are all crooks, and the worst part is they mislead unbelievers into thinking Christianity is phony like that.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by frugalmom
Crow - thank you for sharing your testimony; I love hearing outcomes like this.:thumb:

Regarding the phony fundraising televangelists - they make me sick. I've seen brother scambuck on there time and time again begging for money so he can "burn your debt". Firepot in front of him too, and a counter on the corner of the screen saying how many lines are open. Then they all go crazy clapping and singing when the lines are full. Never anything on how to get saved - just always using Jesus' name to try and make money.:madmad: They are all crooks, and the worst part is they mislead unbelievers into thinking Christianity is phony like that.
:BRAVO:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I am reading Ch. 1 of the PLOT from the internet. I will eventually buy the book. What is the one verse key he refers to? Which group of doctrinal beliefs does he believe in (10 on left or 10 on right...some are unclear and I might believe a mix)?

How many pages is the book?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by godrulz
I am reading Ch. 1 of the PLOT from the internet. I will eventually buy the book. What is the one verse key he refers to? Which group of doctrinal beliefs does he believe in (10 on left or 10 on right...
Sorry, but the only way to find out is to read the book. Bob even wrote the book without a scripture index so people could not quickly look up Bob's conclusions. (I've got a scripture index to it. I had to create it myself). He also entitled his chapters with very obscure names so people who (for example) wanted to know Bob's opinion on water baptism would not have a clue which chapter it was in. They would have to read the entire book up to that chapter to find out.

How many pages is the book?
That I will divulge. It's around 300.

wholearmor

Originally posted by Whispers
Causing offence can help sometimes, I agree with you. However, if someone walks away from God because a pastor offended him, than we must question and look deeply into the intention of the act and whether we are actually causing an effect for good.

If someone stays in their sin because a pastor sugar-coats God and tells them God will love them anyway, then we must question and look deeply into the intention of the act and whether we are actually causing an effect for good.

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Originally posted by wholearmor
If someone stays in their sin because a pastor sugar-coats God and tells them God will love them anyway, then we must question and look deeply into the intention of the act and whether we are actually causing an effect for good.
:thumb:

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Posted by Wholearmor-
Posted by Whispers-
Causing offence can help sometimes, I agree with you. However, if someone walks away from God because a pastor offended him, than we must question and look deeply into the intention of the act and whether we are actually causing an effect for good.

-----------------------------------------------------------

A pastor offending someone and a pastor sugar-coating God can be completely different things. A pastor can sugar-coat God and still be offensive. Or a pastor can give God a turtle-shell and be as polite as possible.

Thankfully, God is more gracious and forgiving than even the best of pastors!

wholearmor

Originally posted by Lucky8
A pastor offending someone and a pastor sugar-coating God can be completely different things. A pastor can sugar-coat God and still be offensive. Or a pastor can give God a turtle-shell and be as polite as possible.

Thankfully, God is more gracious and forgiving than even the best of pastors!

Ummm.....are you reiterating what I said or challenging it? I can't tell exactly.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Ummm.....are you reiterating what I said or challenging it? I can't tell exactly.
Although Poly gave you a :thumbsup: for your reply to Whispers, I don't consider it that great considering the quote you were responding too. It appears you were challenging Whispers, but like I said...

A pastor offending someone and a pastor sugar-coating God can be completely different things.

...so even though your reply was a nice play on Whispers words, I'm not so easily impressed. :rolleyes:

KingzKid

Agent Double K
Originally posted by Poly

But when you have a show like Bob's, they still might hate it but they get mad and stay tuned. You don't lose them. Countless homosexuals, sexually permiscuous, atheists, etc. have been saved under his ministry and they all say the same thing. They were glad somebody cared enough to let them know they were headed for hell. WHY should those engaging in such sin want to change when you make it comfortable for them? They have the best of both worlds. They are loved by the world and the jello Christians (Christians with no backbones) and all the while, really looking at Christians as fools for being so "open" and weak. God says:

I had not heard of BEL until stumbling upon him here at TOL. I have recently left the Calvary Chapel institution since finding one who seems to be alot (if not almost exacting) like Bob. Oddly enough his name is Bob also. Have any of you heard or heard of Dr Bob Morey? I currently attend his apologetics class. His teachings and expertise on Islam is how I originally found him. After attending his class for a couple of weeks, I knew I was being fed in a manner I had not known before. I actually dropped out of Calvary Chapel's Ministry School shortly before completing my first year because something bothered me in my spirit, but I had no idea exactly what it was. I only knew that I was attending this school for the wrong reasons, and my motives as examined in the light of truth were wrong. I really sought the Lord and asked him to move me into a greater knowing of Him. I have an insatiable appetite for truth! Almost suddenly, I happened upon one thing that led to another that led me to be sitting in a class with a teacher who calls "evangelicals"....."evan-gellyfish". I am going to be attending his church very shortly as well.

I have yet to hear Bob Enyart, but I will be checking him out for sure.

Anyone in Southern California can catch Bob Morey Live on AM830 from 5 to 6 pm (pacific time). Would love to know if anyone else is blessed by him, and moved out of "tator-tot" mentallity.

Last edited:

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by KingzKid
I happened upon one thing that led to another that led me to be sitting in a class with a teacher who calls "evangelicals"....."evan-gellyfish".
Oh man, that's funny. I'll bet Enyart would love to steal that one and use it.

Whispers

Exactly! There must be a fine balance. Not too strong, nor too weak. A fine art and possesed by only a few men of God., through God's grace.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
I believe Dr. Morey wrote a book about the finite god of Open Theism. I found he often confused this view with Process Theology and did not fairly represent or understand the Open View. I am sure much of his apologetics is good, but I found his 'gods' book weak in its argumentation.

KingzKid

Agent Double K
Originally posted by godrulz
I believe Dr. Morey wrote a book about the finite god of Open Theism. I found he often confused this view with Process Theology and did not fairly represent or understand the Open View. I am sure much of his apologetics is good, but I found his 'gods' book weak in its argumentation.

In all honesty, I have not even begun to dig into any of his material on Open Theism. Open Theism itself is new to me right now. He wrote an excellent book on Jewish Apocalypticism and Biblical Prophecy which I just read, and had my head spinning a bit, given my 15 years under Calvary Chapel teachings. My search is for truth, and I am thankful that the Lord has brought me here to TOL, where I am learning and being challenged to "come let us reason" using the brain God gave me.

I have entered the "NO human tator-tot" zone! :bannana:

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Now that we know who Bob Enyart is...

Who considers Enyart to be a good teacher?

I think these are on that list: (Correct me if I'm wrong.)
Knight
Poly
Crow
Turbo
Jefferson

Who else?

Status
Not open for further replies.