Which dog are you more likely to fear?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It's more accurate to say individual dogs may be trained to be aggressive.
The whole point of this thread is that Ziggy, while not an aggressive breed, turned out to be an aggressive dog in spite of his owner. I have raised many other dogs in my life and he was the first to turn out this way.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And because of breeding, don't understand why you want to deny that.

I can't prove it but I do believe there is a breeding component in that it seems like unneutered adult male pit bulls have a genetic predisposition to having very high testosterone levels. This is not the case with males who have been fixed,

IMJerusha

The whole point of this thread is that Ziggy, while not an aggressive breed, turned out to be an aggressive dog in spite of his owner. I have raised many other dogs in my life and he was the first to turn out this way.

Aggressive or passionately loyal and extremely intuitive? Our female Afghan never seemed to be able to tell the difference between friend and foe. I always thought it a flaw but, over time, I came to understand that she read us (my husband and I) better than we read ourselves and the same could apply to Ziggy.

Thunder's Muse

It's like people, I guess. Some are just born with the potential for aggression.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Aggressive or passionately loyal and extremely intuitive? Our female Afghan never seemed to be able to tell the difference between friend and foe. I always thought it a flaw but, over time, I came to understand that she read us (my husband and I) better than we read ourselves and the same could apply to Ziggy.

Bottom line, Ziggy became to dangerous to have around the grand children.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

That's unfortunate. We have been having a similar problem with my daughter's Pomeranian. This Saturday, the vet actually put him on a medicine that is similar to Prozac. It seems to be making a difference.

IMJerusha

they both look like good dogs to me.. id only fear the dog who bit me....

Speaking of which, my husband got bit in the buttocks last night by a three legged dog belonging to a farmer friend of ours. Just a wee beagle mix. He's never bitten anyone before and there are always strange people on the property. Odd....and a bit humorous.