Which dog are you more likely to fear?

Not your Bible, the dogs! (Aw, you were just funnin' me, weren't you?)
Sam, Shetland Sheepdog, was amazing, brilliant really. Before mowing, I'd go out and pick up sticks from all our trees and break them until they were small enough for my mower to handle. Sam like to help. He'd pick up sticks too and break them in half or quarters, helping me. Jessie, our first Pomeranian, saw Sam do this one time so she wanted to get into the fun. I'm watching them from above on our deck. Sam rips a twig from out of Jessie's mouth as if to say, this is my job I'm helpiing daddy. She runs off in a huff to the other side of the yard, picks up a stick holding it by the end, and runs as fast as she can toward Sam and gooses him with the stick with his back turned. Instead of Sam getting mad at Jessie, he ripped the stick from her mouth and broke it until it was only chards.

Sam, Jessie and Teddy were unique.

A saved Pomeranian!! Will wonders never cease! :chuckle:
No more amazing than my own salvation.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Both, pit bulls and springer spaniels can be dangerous and unpredictable because aggression is a trait in many of them, and both have on average higher bite and attack rates.

IMJerusha

Sam, Shetland Sheepdog, was amazing, brilliant really. Before mowing, I'd go out and pick up sticks from all our trees and break them until they were small enough for my mower to handle. Sam like to help. He'd pick up sticks too and break them in half or quarters, helping me. Jessie, our first Pomeranian, saw Sam do this one time so she wanted to get into the fun. I'm watching them from above on our deck. Sam rips a twig from out of Jessie's mouth as if to say, this is my job I'm helpiing daddy. She runs off in a huff to the other side of the yard, picks up a stick holding it by the end, and runs as fast as she can toward Sam and gooses him with the stick with his back turned. Instead of Sam getting mad at Jessie, he ripped the stick from her mouth and broke it until it was only chards.

Sam, Jessie and Teddy were unique.

Sounds like it. Good memories.

No more amazing than my own salvation.

Yup! Ya can't tell me we won't see them again. What a wonderful time that will be! :)

IMJerusha

I propose caging all
those that drool too
much. What size cage
will you be needing?

Wassamaddayu?.....Don't you like dogs? Dog drool is cool! There is nothing better than a sloppy wet doggy kiss when you're feeling down. I have no doubt that George was good for many of those. :)

Granite

Hall of Fame
Both, pit bulls and springer spaniels can be dangerous and unpredictable because aggression is a trait in many of them, and both have on average higher bite and attack rates.

Any dog can be dangerous and unpredictable if it has a lousy owner. Bad dogs aren't breed specific.

Selaphiel

I would gladly meet both of them. If the dogs have a good owner, it doesn't matter to me what breed they are.

Spoiler
xLYzSfL.jpg

:chuckle:

allblack

BANNED
Banned
It is important to understand that any dog with an aggressive stance is really only reacting to his/her own fear.

bybee

When it comes to pit type dogs you simply have no idea what you're talking about.

I believe she does know what she is talking about. Her point is that dogs may be bred to be aggressive. That doesn't necessarily include the whole breed but may include a particular line of a particular breed.
We have many Pit Bulls in our family and lovely dogs all!
I owned a German Shepherd for years and he was the best dog ever!
We did have another Shepherd that was so protective that he was dangerous to others and we had to have him put down. The vet said he would only get worse as he got older.
Then we had a cat that would stalk our Chihuahua! It was hilarious to watch.

Thunder's Muse

I believe she does know what she is talking about. Her point is that dogs may be bred to be aggressive. That doesn't necessarily include the whole breed but may include a particular line of a particular breed.
We did have another Shepherd that was so protective that he was dangerous to others and we had to have him put down. The vet said he would only get worse as he got older.

Our dog is a mixed breed but definitely has some Staffy in him. He's a big dog and looks like the type that would be dangerous but he's really the biggest sook you'd ever met in your life :chuckle:

Granite

Hall of Fame

It's more accurate to say individual dogs may be trained to be aggressive.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
When it comes to pit type dogs you simply have no idea what you're talking about.

Bad breeding applies to all dogs, seems its you who doesn't know what you are talking about.

A dog can have the best owner on earth, and if they are bred badly, they will be a problem dog.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Bad breeding applies to all dogs, seems its you who doesn't know what you are talking about.

You keep generalizing pits and this is a topic very near and dear to me. You've made remarkably ignorant (and, unfortunately, typical) comments about these lovely dogs. My girl's one of the most important things in my life. Stop being clueless.

A dog can have the best owner on earth, and if they are bred badly, they will be a problem dog.

Not completely true--and I'm not really sure as to what you mean by "bred badly." Many dogs (pits especially) show remarkable capacity for rehabilitation. You should read The Lost Dogs (if you have a strong stomach) about Michael Vick's pitbulls--incredible tale.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You keep generalizing pits
Of course.
That's the way it works.
We don't examine every single pit to analyze them individually.
We go by what they are known for GENERALLY.

Same with any other breed.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Of course.
That's the way it works.
We don't examine every single pit to analyze them individually.
We go by what they are known for GENERALLY.

Same with any other breed.

...which is, too often, untrue. Shepherds, Rotties, and Dobermans all went through the same thing.