Which dog are you more likely to fear?

IMJerusha

Pit Bulls should be illegal.

I'm sorry, CC, I can't agree with that. What should be made illegal is pit bulls being trained and used as guard and attack dogs. Are pit bulls wired differently? I think so, possibly due to inbreeding, but that calls for greater efforts to understand them, not obliterate them. We had two afghan hounds. More loyal dogs you couldn't ask for but extremely dangerous to strange people and strange dogs. They required understanding and unique handling. There are dogs like that. My husband calls them thinking mans dogs. The same applies to horses. A lot of horse enthusiasts think Arabians are nuts. They're not nuts. They require owners with understanding, thinking, reasoning minds. And no, I'm not insulting you. That is never my intention.

Sam, my Shetland Sheepdog, was a KJV-Only dog. I know that because he went out of his way to eat the cover and part of the introduction to my NASB. He did leave me my Bible Reading Plan though. I thought that was very thoughtful.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Pit Bulls should be illegal.
But not 44 magnum revolvers, right?

Correct.

I'm sorry, CC, I can't agree with that. What should be made illegal is pit bulls being trained and used as guard and attack dogs. Are pit bulls wired differently? I think so, possibly due to inbreeding, but that calls for greater efforts to understand them, not obliterate them...............

You just said it: They are wired differently. They are dangerous, which is why they should be illegal. And nobody said anything about obliterating them. I said they should be illegal, not killed, just like owning a lion or a tiger is illegal.

You don't have any idea what you're talking about.

....says the guy who never has any idea what he is talking about.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
The only dogs* I fear are the ones big enough to knock you down and keep you down...Any other dog IMHO is not a serious threat. :plain:

*Dog packs are a different story....If there are enough of any size dog you could get into trouble real fast.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I came face to face with a police dog, I walked around a bush in Hyde Park and whump there he was...HUGE. I said "hello boy" and tickled his ear, he looked shocked....

The copper who was holding him growled "don't do that Miss"

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
I came face to face with a police dog, I walked around a bush in Hyde Park and whump there he was...HUGE. I said "hello boy" and tickled his ear, he looked shocked....

The copper who was holding him growled "don't do that Miss"

So you hide behind bushes in Hyde Park saying "hello boy". Good to know.

GFR7

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand I just realized the OP question was which dog are likely to FEAR, not which one you'd rather meet.

Neither.
Unless a dog is aggressive or standoffish right off the bat, I assume they've been loved.
I made the same mistake, I said Ziggy (I meant he looked the least deadly of the 2). George looks more dangerous, but he sounds like he was sweet as pie.

IMJerusha

You just said it: They are wired differently. They are dangerous, which is why they should be illegal. And nobody said anything about obliterating them. I said they should be illegal, not killed, just like owning a lion or a tiger is illegal.

Ah, so you propose what?...letting pit bulls roam free like lions and tigers or caging them all?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:rotfl: May have been horrible but, funny all the same.
Yeah.
I had to wipe the Dr. Pepper spit off my screen after reading that one!
Smiley25-1.gif