ECT What's MAD?

musterion

So regarding Ephesians 3...how was what Paul said was revealed to him - which had been a previously unknown secret hid in God - known to the disciples before Paul was saved? How's that work, exactly?

vfirestormv

So regarding Ephesians 3...how was what Paul said was revealed to him - which had been a previously unknown secret hid in God - known to the disciples before Paul was saved? How's that work, exactly?

Eph 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
Eph 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Notice the plural Apostles.

musterion

Eph 3:4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;
Eph 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:
Eph 3:7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power.

Notice the plural Apostles.

Indeed, note FROM WHOM they learned of it and WHEN they learned...

For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,
2if ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
3how that by revelation HE made known [past tense, already happened] unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
4whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ)
5which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is NOW revealed [after Paul had received it] unto His holy apostles and prophets BY THE SPIRIT...
See it?

heir

TOL Subscriber

See it?
I see it! It's not a mystery hidden in the scriptures (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV) which can be said to be "according to the scriptures" as in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, but "in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;"!

"unsearchable"!

Ephesians 3:8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

"which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God"!

Ephesians 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Exactly!

Doesn't that word me something like "untraceable" or "cannot be found"?
Yep! Try as they may with all of their might, they cannot trace the salvation of these Gentiles (people like you and me) out back there. They never had anything to do with blessing Israel. They were in time past without hope and without God in the world being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV) and now they (we) are fellowheirs and of the same Body and partakers of God's promise in Christ by the gospel (Ephesians 3:6 KJV) with those to whom Paul was first sent (Jews and Greeks) who were in the promise (Acts 13:16, Acts 13:26 KJV, Galatians 3:29 KJV).

vfirestormv

See it?

Eph 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles,
Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:
(Given to him to the gentiles as it was given to Peter and other apostles to the Jews)
Eph 3:3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words,
(That is definitely past tense as when the Lord showed him these things after his conversion.)

(Now being this age as opposed to other ages when it was not known. This age is from Acts 2 on. And by that same Spirit that was poured out in Acts 2.)

(Here we see the mystery revealed.)

So yes, I see it clearly.

musterion

You're not answering the question, sir. According to Paul, who received the revelation initially, from Whom did he receive it, when did the apostles learn of it, and how did they learn of it?

musterion

Gotta get off here, I'll just give you your present early.

Who received the revelation initially? Paul.

From Whom
did he receive it? Christ.

When
did the apostles learn of it? Sometime later, after Paul got it.

How
did they learn of it? By the Holy Spirit.

This aligns with 2 Peter 3:15-16:

"And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation, even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him [not "unto us" but "unto him"] hath written unto you; as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things hard to be understood ...."

So the point goes back to our discussion shortly after you first arrived: you insisted the Gospel preached at Pentecost was the same as what Paul called "my Gospel." But Paul says his Gospel was given to him by Christ as part of the revelation of the mystery (Galatians 1:11-12) -- the preaching of Christ according to the revelation of the mystery (Romans 16:25). Peter's Gospel was the good news of Messiah's Kingdom. Different good news! That is why we do not see Peter at Pentecost preaching the death, burial and resurrection of Christ for the sins of the world without national distinctions. That is why we do not see him trying to preach that Gospel to Cornelius, and in fact not even wanting to GO to Cornelius' house. That was Paul's Gospel...our Gospel...and it had not yet been revealed by God.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night. :)

vfirestormv

Rom_1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

The gospel of Christ. to Paul and the Gentiles first? No
To the Peter and the Jews first? Yes

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The gospel of the kingdom was preached prior to Mt12 and the unpardonable sin. It was simply the offer by Yeshua of the kingdom reign of the Messiah from whence Israel would be the head of the nations and all Israel would be saved. That is why I do not accept mad because they do not understand the kingdom program which was legitimately offered to Israel by their Messiah.

Where did you get the idea that those of MAD don't understand that?
I wondered the same thing.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Acts 1

6 Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, “Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?”

Acts 13

46 Then Paul and Barnabas grew bold and said, “It was necessary that the word of God should be spoken to you first; but since you reject it, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, behold, we turn to the Gentiles.

Romans 11

11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles.

I literally lost track of how many times a "MADist" has posted these showing what Israel was looking for, and the mystery that those that cursed Israel are now saved without Israel.
:thumb:

I am so thankful you are on TOL.

vfirestormv

So the point goes back to our discussion shortly after you first arrived: you insisted the Gospel preached at Pentecost was the same as what Paul called "my Gospel." But Paul says his Gospel was given to him by Christ as part of the revelation of the mystery (Galatians 1:11-12) -- the preaching of Christ according to the revelation of the mystery (Romans 16:25). Peter's Gospel was the good news of Messiah's Kingdom. Different good news! That is why we do not see Peter at Pentecost preaching the death, burial and resurrection of Christ for the sins of the world without national distinctions. That is why we do not see him trying to preach that Gospel to Cornelius, and in fact not even wanting to GO to Cornelius' house. That was Paul's Gospel...our Gospel...and it had not yet been revealed by God.

[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE]

Gal 1:11-12, Yes Paul received it not of man but by revelation of Jesus Christ.
The Apostles were not taught it by man either but by the revelation of Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit.

Romans 16:25, It was his gospel to the Gentiles, the same gospel he spoke of in Romans 1:16 which was to the Jew first...

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Maybe mads don't fully understand what happened in Mt 12 which is why I think there is a lack of knowledge concerning this. The point is that Israel's rejection was pre planned by God. That means that the purpose of Yeshua was to be a propitiating sacrafice from the beginning. He did not change His mission or gospel it was always the gospel of grace as taught by Isaiah the prophet.

Mads must think that the rejection of the kingdom was not pre planned.

way 2 go

Maybe mads don't fully understand what happened in Mt 12 which is why I think there is a lack of knowledge concerning this. The point is that Israel's rejection was pre planned by God.

Mads must think that the rejection of the kingdom was not pre planned.

planned :nono:

possibility IF Israel rejected their messiah , yes

Luk 13:7 And he said to the vinedresser, 'Look, for three years now I have come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and I find none. Cut it down. Why should it use up the ground?'
Luk 13:8 And he answered him, 'Sir, let it alone this year also, until I dig around it and put on manure.
Luk 13:9 Then if it should bear fruit next year, well and good; but if not, you can cut it down.'"