Welcome To The Dominant Culture's Religious Holy Month!

Spitfire

Not if you believe that brain activity is required for a thing to be living. :plain: :eek:
Well, this thread was fewer than 20 posts away from achieving relevance according to your own metrics prior to its sudden demise. :p Surely it wouldn't come that close without some kind of intellectual engagement.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Well, this thread was fewer than 20 posts away from achieving relevance according to your own metrics prior to its sudden demise.

post count was only one of the metrics used to determine relevance

the other one was views

Replies: 86
Views: 4,196

pretty sure this thread achieved über relevance with the views :banana:

ok doser

from Newfoundland!

Mummering

Mummering is a Christmas-time house-visiting tradition practised in Newfoundland and Labrador and in isolated patches of Ireland especially Fingal.

Also known as mumming or janneying, it typically involves a group of friends or family who dress in disguise and visit homes within their community or neighbouring communities during the twelve days of Christmas. If the mummers are welcomed into a house, they often do a variety of informal performances that may include dance, music, jokes, or recitations. The hosts must guess the mummers’ identities before offering them food or drink. They may poke and prod the mummers or ask them questions. To make this a challenge for the hosts, the mummers may stuff their costumes, cross-dress, or speak while inhaling (ingressive speech).[1] Once the mummers have been identified, they remove their disguises, spend some social time with the hosts, and then travel as a group to the next home.

mummer_hiscock_dec2009_crop.jpg

ok doser

in the spirit of the alabama traditional licking of the billboards, i give you......

Spoiler
self-licking billboards! :banana:

mars-chilled-tongue.jpg

Spitfire

Why do Mars (the candy, not the planet) even exist? Snickers (which are made by the same company even aren't they?) are so much better.

This goes just as much for the ice cream versions.

ok doser

don't think i've ever tried a mars bar (or the ice cream)

i'm partial to payday's myself

used to like the planter's peanut blocks, but they seem to have disappeared :(

quip

BANNED
Banned
from Newfoundland!

Mummering

..... it typically involves a group of friends or family who dress in disguise and visit homes within their community or neighbouring communities during the twelve days of Christmas. If the mummers are welcomed into a house .....

mummer_hiscock_dec2009_crop.jpg

Can't do that here...Castle Doctrine. :Grizzly:

ok doser

better be careful - newfie's have one of the highest gun ownership rates in canada

Firearms-Licences-per-population.jpg