weekly weigh in

john w

Hall of Fame
Thursday night workout (weak as water)

Bench press: 235 x 15
Overhead press: 115 x 15
Sissy Squats: 115 x 5

Speaking of "clean presses"....Look, Mary Alice, I noticed that your page always looks so clean.My mom says it looks as though you never do any work there.

SaulToPaul 2

saint john w the great inspired Saturday morning workout

chinups x 15
barbell curls 80 x 15
dead lifts 185 x 3, 235 x 3, 265 x 3

pizza and donuts afterward :chew:

musterion

Because I've been diagnosed with Hashimoto's (autoimmune; body attacks the thyroid), and since that's often caused, or worsened, by eating something that triggers the inflammation, I'm going to go 100% gluten free permanently and as dairy free as possible until October 1st. Then I'll see if I'm feeling better. If so, the plan is to gradually add dairy back to see if it's a factor. I've been avoiding most starch due to low carb and avoiding oxalates (kidney stone) but the boss bought us thick crust pizza at work the other day. I hadn't had breakfast...tasty pizza but boy did I pay for it later. Gluten and dairy are supposed to be the biggest contributors to this.

john w

Hall of Fame
My goal during my retirement is to get down to 195, without losing any muscle or strength.

Tell you what, Gertrude-let me set you straight, wise guy. "They" say that, when you stop smoking, you gain lbs. So, start smoking, to lose weight. Am I getting through to you, fella?

SaulToPaul 2

Tell you what, Gertrude-let me set you straight, wise guy. "They" say that, when you stop smoking, you gain lbs. So, start smoking, to lose weight. Am I getting through to you, fella?

Ange to Barn in jail: "Smoking are ya."
Big Barn: "That's right. I'm smoking."