weekly weigh in

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I thought it might be fun to start a thread where members could stop by, talk about fitness goals, weigh in once a week or so, and just give an update on how you are doing.

I have been doing low carbs since the middle of January. Then, a few weeks back my wife wanted to start doing the meal replacement shake thing. I lost 19 pounds in the first 19 days of that program. I weigh in again today and will let you know.

rainee

LOL Chrys! I can't rep that yet but hope to!

Hi Delmar,
Are you trying the same shakes that Judge Napolitano on Fox News used and lost so much weight with?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I have been doing low carbs since the middle of January.....I lost 19 pounds in the first 19 days of that program.

Eliminating unneeded fuel works every time. The body prefers fatty acids and it will absorb them as long as you don't feed your body a bunch of grains and starch.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
last year i was in a daily routine that contributed to a weight gain that peaked at 265

this year is very different and i've dropped 45 pounds without really trying - just different eating habits, different activity levels

been hiking with the dog, but that's limited by her ability - she's 14

soon as the ice is out of the slip i intend to start rowing

as soon as the spring rains wash the salt off the roads i'll start biking again

and as soon as the ground firms up there's no end to the chores and maintenance at the cottage and the farm

my goal is to break 200 by the fourth of july :banana:

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I thought it might be fun to start a thread where members could stop by, talk about fitness goals, weigh in once a week or so, and just give an update on how you are doing.

I have been doing low carbs since the middle of January. Then, a few weeks back my wife wanted to start doing the meal replacement shake thing. I lost 19 pounds in the first 19 days of that program. I weigh in again today and will let you know.

Wow, 19 pounds in 19 days. That is super.

SaulToPaul 2

:up:

Losing fat is kind of like getting out of debt. You have to pay off the debt by burning more calories than you take in, like earning more money than you spend.

And avoiding carbs is a great way to do that. Plus ,protein and fat helps you keep your good weight (muscle).

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I love carbs too.

I am trying to keep my weight to 90 pounds since I am only 4"10 ".

It is hard but I don't like to be chubby.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
LOL Chrys! I can't rep that yet but hope to!

Hi Delmar,
Are you trying the same shakes that Judge Napolitano on Fox News used and lost so much weight with?

I had to google that to find out that he did the Factor4 program. We are doing Herbalife. Primarily because my stepson's girlfriend got him going on it, and they sell the product. When my wife said she wanted to try it , and I was already losing weight, I figured why not go with the same program.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
i love carbs

bagels, fresh bread, rolls.... :(

They are my main triggers to over eat! Mac and cheese, pizza, potatoes and gravy! I have not had starchy foods of any kind since the second week of January. My goal is to get off that stuff for life and get all my carbs from green vegetables, sprouts and some fruit.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
They are my main triggers to over eat! Mac and cheese, pizza, potatoes and gravy!

i haven't had much of any of those this winter, mainly because cleanup is harder

soon i'll have running water again and i'll be tempted to cook more than the one pot meals (or sandwiches) i've been living on

but i should be able to balance it off with rowing, biking, hiking :)

Mr. 5020

I have lost 12 lbs since Valentine's Day. I'm averaging right around the 2 lbs/week right now. My goal is to keep that going until my baby is born (late June).

4wings

WOW, CONGRATS EVERYONE!!

we don't know you, but we are very proud of you
and what you are doing for yourself and all of those
who get to witness your amazing transformation.
the discipline that this takes is so very challenging.

when we respect the precious gift that houses the Spirit,
then we are honoring the fact that the body is a holy temple.

making the decision to tackle a healthy-lifestyle can
only bring joy and rewards beyond belief.