ECT We know that God does not hear sinners ...

elohiym

In context, all is referring to people, not to everything in the universe.

Maybe you have another verse?

Why? We are discussing people not rocks.

Jeremiah 23:23-24 "Am I a God who is near," declares the LORD, "And not a God far off? "Can a man hide himself in hiding places So I do not see him?" declares the LORD "Do I not fill the heavens and the earth?" declares the LORD.

If you have a better word than omnipresent to describe that, let me know.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
There are sinners all over planet earth, that become members of the Body of Christ on a daily basis. God knows, when each and every sinner comes to Christ. God knows, hears, and sees everything simultaneously as it happens. God doesn't have you "pick a number and wait in line" for Him to hear your prayers, etc.

genuineoriginal

Why? We are discussing people not rocks.

Jeremiah 23:23-24 "Am I a God who is near," declares the LORD, "And not a God far off? "Can a man hide himself in hiding places So I do not see him?" declares the LORD "Do I not fill the heavens and the earth?" declares the LORD.

If you have a better word than omnipresent to describe that, let me know.
Almighty is the correct term.

It is an active attribute describing God's ability to do anything He chooses to do, instead of a passive attribute that He has no control over, like omnipresent.

elohiym

Almighty is the correct term.

It is an active attribute describing God's ability to do anything He chooses to do, instead of a passive attribute that He has no control over, like omnipresent.

Does God fill the earth or not?

If God fills the earth and the heavens, how can you say He's not omnipresent?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Good question

genuineoriginal

God is wherever He chooses to be whenever He chooses to be.
This is due to Him being Almighty.

When God chooses to fill the heavens and the earth, you can call Him omnipresent at that time.

In theory, the definition of omnipresent means "present everywhere at the same time", but the way Christians use it it means "present everywhere all the time without being able to stop being everywhere all the time."

Orual

Yes. If nothing else, we have David's confession:

Psalm 51:3 "...I have sinned."

We must also consider this fact:

1 Kings 15:5 "because David did what was right in the sight of the LORD, and had not turned aside from anything that He commanded him all the days of his life, except in the case of Uriah the Hittite."

So we have David confessing to his one sin. He sounds repentant. Does that mean he is a sinner or an ex-sinner praying? My vote is repentant ex-sinner. Had David been unrepentant, not only would God not have heard him (according to the other scriptures I've presented) but Psalm 51 and 1 Kings 15:5 obviously wouldn't have been written.

Okay. So, we have David, the man after God's own heart, who did what was right in the eyes of God, except in the case of Uriah, confessing his sin. Because of this, we also know, with certainty, that he was repentant, that he turned from his sin that he committed against Uriah, and thus against God. So, we are in agreement so far.

The point of contention that some might have is the term "ex-sinner". Is it possible to be a repentant sinner?

God's Truth

John 9:31 We know that God does not hear sinners; but if anyone is God-fearing and does His will, He hears him.

I believe that God does not hear sinners.

Discuss.
You are right God does not hear sinners. That is why one must confess and repent of their sins in order to be saved.

God's Truth

Okay. So, we have David, the man after God's own heart, who did what was right in the eyes of God, except in the case of Uriah, confessing his sin. Because of this, we also know, with certainty, that he was repentant, that he turned from his sin that he committed against Uriah, and thus against God. So, we are in agreement so far.

The point of contention that some might have is the term "ex-sinner". Is it possible to be a repentant sinner?

An ex sinner is a repentant sinner. Repent means to stop sinning.